Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Sep 7th 2012, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

NOC 7241 ELECTRICIAN
My trade has never reached the 500 cap and is still on the list. so why are we still waiting for our medicals when there is a need for my skill,just dont make any sense to me.

Back log ,what back log
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:55 pm
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

ok , maybe I am wrong , but from your signatures , I can't see any body crossed the 29 months expected processing time mentioned on CIC website ,it's not am optimistic or not pissed off or so , just trying to find a reason to wait
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:57 pm
Permanent Residents

Mac2 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by feedo
ok , maybe I am wrong , but from your signatures , I can't see any body crossed the 29 months expected processing time mentioned on CIC website ,it's not am optimistic or not pissed off or so , just trying to find a reason to wait
We have! We had the dreaded pointless TB testing that of course proved negative!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 1:59 pm
say BananasInPyjamas 10x

feedo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mac2
We have! We had the dreaded pointless TB testing that of course proved negative!
Exactly my point , you got your medicals request , we didn't reach that milestone , I mean , if they didn't do the hassle of that medical thingy , you would have finished , am I right ?
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:08 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Exactly my point , you got your medicals request , we didn't reach that milestone , I mean , if they didn't do the hassle of that medical thingy , you would have finished , am I right ?
Point is when we applied we were told it would take 8-12 months to process .. said so in the letters we got as well

.. when 29 months are over, the CIC website may state 30 months .. some of us can wait indefinitely I am assuming as per the point you make.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:17 pm
Permanent Residents

Without the medical furtherance we should have been finished by now! However there are others through London, who are only just getting their PPR's now who had their medicals before us and did not get any furtherance.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:19 pm
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mac2
Without the medical furtherance we should have been finished by now! However there are others through London, who are only just getting their PPR's now who had their medicals before us and did not get any furtherance.
London messed up by taking on inventory from Pakistan .. this single step ruined the process for most if not all MI1 who applied at LVO
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by unusual78
London messed up by taking on inventory from Pakistan .. this single step ruined the process for most if not all MI1 who applied at LVO
Yes, certainly messed it up for us, when we applied we were told 12 months processing and some were done in 7 months. We have been waiting 32 months!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 2:36 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by tracys
Yes, certainly messed it up for us, when we applied we were told 12 months processing and some were done in 7 months. We have been waiting 32 months!
This is the only reason for delays at LVO .. backlog etc is all a cover and nothing else
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:22 pm
Permanent Residents

Originally Posted by unusual78
This is the only reason for delays at LVO .. backlog etc is all a cover and nothing else
It certainly is a part of the reason why things got so bad so fast at London! Although there are delays at all offices globally which must be caused by the numbers of applicants. We were also looking at 6 - 12 months when we applied! It's an appalling way to treat people!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

hey Feedo, we've been waiting 25 months since our AOR in August 2010, unless we get medical requests in the next 6 weeks or so there isn't a hope in hell of the LVO meeting this target with us...I ain't holding my breath

I think next Easter 2013 is a more realistic target
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:33 pm
Waiting for medicals

Originally Posted by scotty1974
I think next Easter 2013 is a more realistic target
I'd say Christmas 2013 if at all!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tracys
Lawdy, you still waiting? I thought you were finished!

As you can see, we're now following a different route, although also caught up in the TB testing, like some other posters. We completely lost faith in the Skilled Worker route.

Though them requesting your RPRF must be good news and you must now surely be near the end?!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

I'd say Christmas 2013 if at all!
don't say that

I'm just going by some of the applicants on canadavisa.com forum who seem to be getting their visas approx 1 year after going proper 'in process'

with this wait letter though, who knows
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Lawdy, you still waiting? I thought you were finished!

As you can see, we're now following a different route, although also caught up in the TB testing, like some other posters. We completely lost faith in the Skilled Worker route.

Though them requesting your RPRF must be good news and you must now surely be near the end?!
Hi Kaye,

Yes still waiting for PR but here in Canada on TWP since January. Not the way we wanted to start life in Canada, ideally I wanted to work part-time if at all, like in UK but needs must and all that.

No end to full time work in sight for me at the moment but at least getting PR would give me more options.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Tracy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.