Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Oct 9th 2012, 11:53 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by beckybev
We got medical requests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I had a little cry, a little dance and now I need to start thinking about sorting out these documents
How Cool is that?

Unusual78
Guys got an email from re-london email asking me to submit Photographs (it says these are needed for medical forms), RPRF, Updated forms and Police certificates .. sounds like they have misplaced our photographs .. I know this will only delay the process now
Delay or not, in the bigger picture of things that has to be progress if they are asking for photos for your medical request forms.

Finally it seem that there is a flurry of activity for our group.
How long have we been waiting now? Feels like years
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

We got medical requests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. I had a little cry, a little dance and now I need to start thinking about sorting out these documents
Fab fab fab news!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Location: Sheffield UK - Victoria BC bound (one day, in a galaxy far, far away...)
witchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the roughwitchileiz is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sdo1982
witchileiz, dont worry, it will be our turn soon! They cant keep us from Sheffield out forever, no matter hom many Lancastrians they put on the border!
- A fellow Sheffielder - super!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Wow! You too :-)) amazing news!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 12:45 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by james.mc
How Cool is that?

Unusual78

Delay or not, in the bigger picture of things that has to be progress if they are asking for photos for your medical request forms.
yes James the email said new photo's are required .. wonder why though ??? .. I know I am sexier than I used to be but hey this is immigration we are talking about here no time for hanky pankies hahah but as we all know by now that's how CIC works!

3 years in Feb 2013 for us!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 2:50 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Finally it seem that there is a flurry of activity for our group.
How long have we been waiting now? Feels like years
Erm...it HAS been years?!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

That's brilliant!!!!!!!!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

well done
Old Oct 10th 2012, 7:13 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

How long have we been waiting now? Feels like years ...

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Erm...it HAS been years?!
I was joking! Honest
My wife and I first talked about all this Oct 2009. We sent our app in around Feb 2010... who's have thought (then) we'd still be waiting at this point? Nobody in this thread I'll bet!
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Asabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the roughAsabani is a jewel in the rough

I was joking! Honest
My wife and I first talked about all this Oct 2009. We sent our app in around Feb 2010... who's have thought (then) we'd still be waiting at this point? Nobody in this thread I'll bet!
true that is! believe or not at the time we were looking at the areas we would like to live in, now I guess those houses are 3 years older.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:00 am
All Sooked up!

In Edinburgh at the moment. It's raining... No surprise there!

Just completed our medicals at the Spire Shawfair Park Hospital. A new, very efficient facility. They knew exactly what they were doing with regards to what was required for the immigration medical.
We had the correct CIC issued forms with us, Passports and three PP photos each. Paid for the medical on the spot by Visa. GBP 290.00 each. They ask for your passport on a couple of occasions and compare it to you and your CIC issued paperwork. They were quite strict with that aspect of the procedure.

The rest was a pretty standard medical. Nurse took Urine & Blood samples, Blood pressure (again confirming your name and DOB) Basic 'read a wall chart' Eye test (But recommend you take glasses if you need them), Doctors examination (Passport checked against CIC med form photo and name) followed finally by a chest X-Ray (Passport required to be seen).

Only took about 1 hr.

Job done!

Results will take about 2 weeks to come through, then they send them to CIC London.

Last edited by james.mc; Oct 12th 2012 at 1:03 am.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:00 am
Waiting for medicals

unusual78 will become famous soon enoughunusual78 will become famous soon enough

Just completed our medicals at the Spire Shawfair Park Hospital. A new, very efficient facility. They knew exactly what they were doing with regards to what was required for the immigration medical.
We had the correct CIC issued forms with us, Passports and three PP photos each. Paid for the medical on the spot by Visa. GBP 290.00 each. They ask for your passport on a couple of occasions and compare it to you and your CIC issued paperwork. They were quite strict with that aspect of the procedure.

The rest was a pretty standard medical. Nurse took Urine & Blood samples, Blood pressure (again confirming your name and DOB) Basic 'read a wall chart' Eye test (But recommend you take glasses if you need them), Doctors examination (Passport checked against CIC med form photo and name) followed finally by a chest X-Ray (Passport required to be seen).

Only took about 1 hr.

Job done!

Results will take about 2 weeks to come through, then they send them to CIC London.
James best of luck for everything mate .. your updates with details are much appreciated .. Just to let you know that we are not far behind (RPRF draft ready, PC ordered, forms completed and photographs done) .. have emailed re-london today and been informed (instant reply can you believe it??? ... I know!!!!!) that medicals forms will be posted as soon as they receive our above listed documents (were advised to send all together otherwise was just going to send the photographs).

Have a great weekend everyone .. I am off to the pub early today
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Just completed our medicals at the Spire Shawfair Park Hospital. A new, very efficient facility.
We just missed you! Were there yesterday - OH having the 2nd TB x-ray. Hope you are managing to get some quality time in lovely Edinburgh, and not just getting drenched. Steer clear of the tram-works.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by unusual78
James best of luck for everything mate .. your updates with details are much appreciated .. Just to let you know that we are not far behind (RPRF draft ready, PC ordered, forms completed and photographs done) .. have emailed re-london today and been informed (instant reply can you believe it??? ... I know!!!!!) that medicals forms will be posted as soon as they receive our above listed documents (were advised to send all together otherwise was just going to send the photographs).

Have a great weekend everyone .. I am off to the pub early today
Hey you, hope you're enjoying the pub! We are currently in the middle of completing the forms and I am having MAJOR problems with IMM5562 (the travel one), it will not let me complete it on computer, tried opening with Adobe Reader
and Acrobat, no luck, so had to fill in by hand. Also, ALL other forms are a nightmare too...once I saved and closed, I can not later amend, change, add or do anything...so they have to be PERFECT before you close! Did you have the same problems?? Feel like bashing me head against the wall several times, with growing pleasure!!! HELP!!!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Hubley, Nova Scotia (from Scotland via Yorkshire and London)
Kaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of lightKaye5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hey you, hope you're enjoying the pub! We are currently in the middle of completing the forms and I am having MAJOR problems with IMM5562 (the travel one), it will not let me complete it on computer, tried opening with Adobe Reader
and Acrobat, no luck, so had to fill in by hand. Also, ALL other forms are a nightmare too...once I saved and closed, I can not later amend, change, add or do anything...so they have to be PERFECT before you close! Did you have the same problems?? Feel like bashing me head against the wall several times, with growing pleasure!!! HELP!!!
Had the same issues. From what I recall I think we spent a day sitting by the pc - with OH reading out the info, me typing it then proof reading on screen, printing, proof reading the print, correcting, then printing the final. And it did take most of the day.

Or you can try downloading the 30 day trial version of the full Adobe Pro which will let you save/amend etc and seeing if it works with that.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/i...bat_pro&loc=en

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.