Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 12th 2011, 10:16 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by pfw
I do wish London would improve communication in this regard. I for one would accept a slightly increased processing time for a little more status information, or just some general updates as to how far they have got in processing. Even if they are totally drowning in applications and don't expect to process any FSW before 2012, or have just put the whole pile on ice for the forseeable future, I'd still like to know....
I'm 100% of the same frame of mind. I'd trade some processing time for more accurate and timely feedback.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 3:50 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

So, another Tuesday approaches...

In all honesty, I'm hopeful but not expecting anything to happen.

I'll be dropping a case specific message in a week or so to let them know that my 8 months is up, I'm now married and I'm also leaving my current job at the end of the month.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
So, another Tuesday approaches...

In all honesty, I'm hopeful but not expecting anything to happen.

I'll be dropping a case specific message in a week or so to let them know that my 8 months is up, I'm now married and I'm also leaving my current job at the end of the month.
Our 8 months is also up this week, i'm now considering what my case specific email should look like...any ideas?
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:22 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
Our 8 months is also up this week, i'm now considering what my case specific email should look like...any ideas?
Oh I guess...

Subject: Immigration File number: B 1234 5679 1

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: FSW1 Permanent Residence Immigration Application

Applicant: Full Name
Date of Birth: month dd yyyy
British Citizen

File Number: B 1234 5679 1

I am writing as per the information received in the Advice of Receipt letter dated month dd yyyy.

Eight months have now passed since receipt of the above mentioned letter.

I should be grateful if you could advise on the progress being made with my application and if there is any further information I may be able to supply by way of assistance.

Yours Sincerely

Full Name

That should do the trick.

I feel you've may have a better chance than some of us at seeing some progress soon as you are still on the current CIC FSW NOC - eligible occupation - list.

We all live in hope though

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 18th 2011 at 4:35 am.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:27 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james.mc
I feel you've got a better chance than some of us as you are still on the current CIC FSW NOC - eligible occupation - list.

We all live in hope though
there doesnt appear to be any logical order to whatever happens in CHC London ...from where I'm sitting anyway

fingers crossed we all go into processing very soon
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say to wait, sending a case would not yield a thing (at least this is what I believe) they shall respond after a long time with standard reply.
this may cause further delay to your case, this is at least what I read as a TIP or THREAT i don't know, in the application kit.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:40 am
All Sooked up!

there doesnt appear to be any logical order to whatever happens in CHC London ...from where I'm sitting anyway

fingers crossed we all go into processing very soon
Apologies
It appears that whilst you replied to my original response I was editing my post. I hope the extra information is of some help.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:41 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by haniyasin
....I would say to wait, sending a case would not yield a thing (at least this is what I believe) they shall respond after a long time with standard reply....
I'm not sure that doing nothing helps much either.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not sure that doing nothing helps much either.
Hope
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by haniyasin
I would say to wait, sending a case would not yield a thing (at least this is what I believe) they shall respond after a long time with standard reply.
this may cause further delay to your case, this is at least what I read as a TIP or THREAT i don't know, in the application kit.
I agree with james that doing nothing would be of no help, I will still go ahead and try my luck......
nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say

Apologies
It appears that whilst you replied to my original response I was editing my post. I hope the extra information is of some help.
many thanks james, i think that will do nicely
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

We should definitely be sending 8 month emails as the CIC said we should if we had heard nothing from them in that time. Additionally, some people have gone 'in process' a week or so following the prompt, I don't think that is a coincidence.
Old Apr 18th 2011, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by beckybev
We should definitely be sending 8 month emails as the CIC said we should if we had heard nothing from them in that time. Additionally, some people have gone 'in process' a week or so following the prompt, I don't think that is a coincidence.
we sent an email giving them our new address and email 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing so far, i'm hopeful that something will happen when i send a case specific email this week.
for everyone
Old Apr 18th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

we sent an email giving them our new address and email 3 weeks ago and have heard nothing so far, i'm hopeful that something will happen when i send a case specific email this week.
for everyone

Ive sent 2x case specific emails in the past and didnt include any of my info on the email itself ie B number etc as they ask for this on the form before you write the email. Wouldnt do any harm though. This is the form I always use
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemai...mission=london

always had a response up to now

good luck all.

lns
Old Apr 18th 2011, 10:38 am
All Sooked up!

Well tomorrow I am sending, ahead of any request from CIC London, new PCC's for the country I am resident in (Portugal). The last ones expire (under CIC rules) at the end if this month. So, rather than wait for a potential request for another PCC, if and when I go into process, I thought it might (just) help if I send the new ones ahead of the game and they have to drag out my file to add some more information. We'll see. In the interim, an 8 months since AOR inquiry has also been sent. Just pulling out, of the available arsenal, whatever may help push things along. You just never know
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've just sent a case specific email.
turns out our AOR date is actually 11th Aug and not 21st like I had thought.
Our police checks are dated 13th may too. I wonder if we will need to have those renewed.
oh well we will see what reply we get to our enquiry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.