Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 7th 2011, 3:57 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Have you looked on trackit, it gives you people's processing times on there. Ours was 444 days to PPR. Mind be interesting for you to watch it, see if things are slowing down. - Just a thought.
Thanks Miss Clinique

I've had looked at Federal Skilled Workers Tracker-Canada in the past, but today took the effort to add my case (Can't see any harm in doing that) and then carried out a search by using the advanced filtering option.

The only two filters I set were:
Local Canadian Visa Office: London (UK)
AOR Received Date: From Aug 2010 to Sep 2010
(Left all others at default).

The search cut out all the dross and pulled up 14 active London cases, including my own.

Not progress for any of them since AOR dates Aug/Sep 2010.

I guess it wouldn't do any harm for some other Aug/Sep AOR's from BE to add their case either, if they feel that way inclined. I found it quite any easy way to check progress (in form format) rather than trying read between the lines on here.

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 7th 2011 at 3:59 am.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 4:31 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james.mc
Thanks Miss Clinique

I've had looked at Federal Skilled Workers Tracker-Canada in the past, but today took the effort to add my case (Can't see any harm in doing that) and then carried out a search by using the advanced filtering option.

The only two filters I set were:
Local Canadian Visa Office: London (UK)
AOR Received Date: From Aug 2010 to Sep 2010
(Left all others at default).

The search cut out all the dross and pulled up 14 active London cases, including my own.

Not progress for any of them since AOR dates Aug/Sep 2010.

I guess it wouldn't do any harm for some other Aug/Sep AOR's from BE to add their case either, if they feel that way inclined. I found it quite any easy way to check progress (in form format) rather than trying read between the lines on here.
yes we check in on trackitt quite often to try and get a handle on things.
London office doea appear to have issued medicals since xmas but to only a few indians, pakistanis and egyptians who have all been in the system for years.
Old Apr 7th 2011, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kaye5
Our house sale completes at the end of May - we were hoping to be over in NS late summer this year (ha ha ha!!) so are now having to find somewhere to rent long term.

We're way behind your timeline, but for us it is the "indefinite" situation that is bothering us most. If we KNEW it would take another two years (or whatever) that would be easier than just not knowing anything at all. At least we could make a decision based on that.
Strongly Agreed!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

Hi All,

I posted this on another thread, but there seems to be more relevant discussion here so have thought to seek your inputs as well.

Though I follow you with a lag of around4-5 months, yet the indefinite state is urging me towards alternate possibilities, though my timeline are not that demoralizing.

But all my plans lead me to make certain expense out of my saving, perhaps a good part of it if not whole, which I have so far locked as maintenance funds requirement for my FSW application.

Can I pull the amount now, may be update visa office with a letter and assure to top my account again once my medicals appear (a news on this in 2011 seems to be dream though )? Or may be I an just pull out money, as much I need, and top my account once I can do that after 6-8 months.

Kindly advise.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, quick one: looks like no chance of a quick resolution on our applications.. I am off to NS then AB at the end of June on a WHV. If I get a job and an AEO, could I update London CHC to claim extra points with an update with the details?

Many thanks in advance!
Old Apr 8th 2011, 5:15 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salmanizak

Can I pull the amount now, may be update visa office with a letter and assure to top my account again once my medicals appear (a news on this in 2011 seems to be dream though )? Or may be I an just pull out money, as much I need, and top my account once I can do that after 6-8 months.

Kindly advise.
Salmanizak
Someone answered this question when you posted in another thread.

Pull out what you like (it's your money) but, as previously advised by another member it makes no sense to advise CIC as it could appear to them that you cannot afford to have the required funds available to you on landing. This may have a detrimental effect on your application. So say nothing! Sometimes applicants are asked to provide further proof of funds during their applications so you may want to bear that in mind if you use any of the money now. What we are doing is leaving the money where it is (in a Canadian dollar account) and adding to it as the application proceeds because we know we will need plenty cash on arrival for our own use.

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 8th 2011 at 5:24 am.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
I would say you were being overly optimistic. I know of people who have AOR of May/June 2010 who still have not moved to Medical request stage. I would not plan on getting to Canada this year.

If you do, then great, but I would not bank on it.
AmyDavid.....wise words Mrs.
Im following the Jan/Feb AOR thread and there is still someone waiting for med requests and also quite a few in the Mar/Apr thread too

We were AOR March 2010 and thought we might have been able to land Aug 2010....how ridiculous that sounds now!!! We can only hope that perhaps this August may be more realistic, but then again.......
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:36 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
AmyDavid.....wise words Mrs.
Im following the Jan/Feb AOR thread and there is still someone waiting for med requests and also quite a few in the Mar/Apr thread too

We were AOR March 2010 and thought we might have been able to land Aug 2010....how ridiculous that sounds now!!! We can only hope that perhaps this August may be more realistic, but then again.......
But at least you went into process just under 5 months(ish) after AOR. We are virtually 8 months down the line and not even in process yet, so I guess we can all see how the delays are starting to take effect on a broader scale.
Old Apr 8th 2011, 6:13 pm
Forum Regular

Salmanizak
Someone answered this question when you posted in another thread.

Pull out what you like (it's your money) but, as previously advised by another member it makes no sense to advise CIC as it could appear to them that you cannot afford to have the required funds available to you on landing. This may have a detrimental effect on your application. So say nothing! Sometimes applicants are asked to provide further proof of funds during their applications so you may want to bear that in mind if you use any of the money now. What we are doing is leaving the money where it is (in a Canadian dollar account) and adding to it as the application proceeds because we know we will need plenty cash on arrival for our own use.
Thanks, that is perhaps what I would do in the end

But comparing with your timelines, I may be doing the same in 8th month after my AOR and focusing on enhancing my savings, anticipating to have the final decisions ACTUALLY closer then . . . . . but who can say . . . . . . nothing can be ANTICIPATED here now . . . . . and this what is bothering me the most . . . . . .
Old Apr 8th 2011, 10:14 pm
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Hey guys, quick one: looks like no chance of a quick resolution on our applications.. I am off to NS then AB at the end of June on a WHV. If I get a job and an AEO, could I update London CHC to claim extra points with an update with the details?

Many thanks in advance!
Thought I'd respond as the thread was little side tracked on POF.

Once you have a job I would update London in any case. I would have thought, with job in place, that it would add more points. Can't be a bad thing But no update will result in no difference. I'd definitely update CIC London. It may also have an effect of them having to drag your file out into the light of day and review it.. you never know that may help things along also.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 5:28 am

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I'd respond as the thread was little side tracked on POF.

Once you have a job I would update London in any case. I would have thought, with job in place, that it would add more points. Can't be a bad thing But no update will result in no difference. I'd definitely update CIC London. It may also have an effect of them having to drag your file out into the light of day and review it.. you never know that may help things along also.
You should update London as obviously your address will have changed.

However, your pack will be assessed on the information provided when you originally submitted. You will NOT be awarded anymore points for having a job. To do this - you would have to resubmit a FSW2 app.
Old Apr 9th 2011, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

But at least you went into process just under 5 months(ish) after AOR. We are virtually 8 months down the line and not even in process yet, so I guess we can all see how the delays are starting to take effect on a broader scale.
Sorry, I think you have picked me up wrong ...I wasnt moaning about my own timeline(although given the issues we are facing Im sure I will do soon ), I was simply adding to AmyDavids comment about people ''who have AOR of May/June 2010 who still have not moved to Medical request stage'' and mentioning that there are a few people way in front of them in the queue that are waiting too.

Its painfully slow just now and I think we all have expectations of when it will all be over....for us we thought 6-9 months as this was the trend at the time and this has been blown out of the water. If I were applying now my expectations would be completely different (over 2 years from start to finish IMHO)

That said, it is such a frustrating time for all and the thought that your app is just sitting with no-one seemingly looking at it is hard. Could it be that the files are in process, and ECAS being a complete disaster and all, has simply not been updated.

Keep the faith folks!!!
Old Apr 9th 2011, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked other forums to see what others are saying about the slow processing at London VISA Office (LVO) . and I quote a reply from the LVO posted by an applicant:

"CIC is working closely to manage arrivals in Canada, so that we meet, but do not exceed the immigration plan set by Parliament last fall for 2011. Since we have larger inventories of applications than limits within the immigration plan for admissions to Canada, we must process applications according to the priorities set by Parliament. As we have a sufficient number of applications in our high priority categories, we are not in a position to process your application at this time, nor can we predict when processing on your application will resume.

Yours sincerely,"

I dont want to cause panic, but to tell you the truth I was in total shock. and maybe shall consider serious alternatives until my case passes this bottle-nick.
I have frozen a lot of options and paths waiting to get there.

please seniors if you have something as a relief please don't hesitate I think we needed it badly
Old Apr 10th 2011, 2:23 am

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by haniyasin
I checked other forums to see what others are saying about the slow processing at London VISA Office (LVO) . and I quote a reply from the LVO posted by an applicant:

"CIC is working closely to manage arrivals in Canada, so that we meet, but do not exceed the immigration plan set by Parliament last fall for 2011. Since we have larger inventories of applications than limits within the immigration plan for admissions to Canada, we must process applications according to the priorities set by Parliament. As we have a sufficient number of applications in our high priority categories, we are not in a position to process your application at this time, nor can we predict when processing on your application will resume.

Yours sincerely,"

I dont want to cause panic, but to tell you the truth I was in total shock. and maybe shall consider serious alternatives until my case passes this bottle-nick.
I have frozen a lot of options and paths waiting to get there.

please seniors if you have something as a relief please don't hesitate I think we needed it badly
Do you have anymore info to share on the applicant that recieved that reply?

What cat and NOC did they apply under? It might help others who are still waiting.
Old Apr 10th 2011, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

haniyasin is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-imm...-t66474.0.html

and other forums too....

My explanation is that any NOC that is not currently in the new list is considered with lower priority.
and the Visa office has given the highest priority for apps after 26 July 2010 (not sure of the date) , the next priority for apps before that date BUT their NOCs within the new list.

HOPE my reasoning is false though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.