Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:43 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Originally Posted by heading-west
hands up who is confused about the numbers quoted in these responses from CHC?
check out these numbers on CIC
But the numbers in the link are June 2010 onwards(new process). The numbers in the em,ail response is all applications from 2008-june 2010(older process). I guess they are two different sets of numbers....I think.
lns
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:48 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by james.mc
Yep,

It was highlighted in this forum a while back...

Oops! Just realised that was you that posted it.

I've decided to not get too wound up about that, as things could change somewhat in July, hopefully for the better.
huh? I think I am losing my memory if I did.... I think I posted what we call 'the backburner' a while ago??
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:49 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
But the numbers in the link are June 2010 onwards(new process). The numbers in the em,ail response is all applications from 2008-june 2010(older process). I guess they are two different sets of numbers....I think.
lns
That's how I read it, too.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:51 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

lns
ahh I see [i think] so the 2008 to 2010 numbers are for ALL categories and not just FSW then?? [do you suppose?]
Old Apr 26th 2011, 1:52 am
Forum Regular

S.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura aboutS.Beckett has a spectacular aura about

Yep,

It was highlighted in this forum a while back...

Oops! Just realised that was you that posted it.

I've decided to not get too wound up about that, as things could change somewhat in July, hopefully for the better.
Oh sorry James, I guess I did post it..... just saw it
Sorry??
I am losing my mind......I guess Nectar messed me up!
S Beckett
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

our receipt letter is a year old tomorrow

.....email sent, lets see what they have to say for themselves
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:14 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

hands up who is confused about the numbers quoted in these responses from CHC?
check out these numbers on CIC
I'll put my hands up ... the numbers don't appear to tally between what they are supposedly writing in mails and what they have posted live on the site.

Between June 26, 2010, and June 30, 2011, a maximum of 20,000 complete Federal Skilled Worker applications will be considered for processing. Within the 20,000 cap, a maximum of 1,000 Federal Skilled Worker applications per eligible occupation will be considered for processing within this same time frame.
and

Applications received toward the overall cap: 10,840 of 20,000 as of April 19, 2011
With the 1000 Cap already reached on..
  • 0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers
  • 1122 Professional Occupations in Business Services to Management
  • 3131 Pharmacists
  • 3152 Registered Nurses

... it looks as if, with only about two months to go, they have only just passed half the allocation for the one year period and probably not likely to be overwhelmed either as caps have been reached on what (I guess) appears to the the most popular occupations on the current list.

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 26th 2011 at 2:17 am.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:19 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S.Beckett
Oh sorry James, I guess I did post it..... just saw it
Sorry??
I am losing my mind......I guess Nectar messed me up!
S Beckett
No worries ... I'm as confused as the rest!! Nobody said this was going to be easy
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

we appear to be receiving the 'mushroom treatment'.
[kept in the dark and fed on s**t]
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:26 am
All Sooked up!

But it looks as if they have had a lean time of it since June 2010.

Applications received toward the overall cap: 10,840 of 20,000 as of April 19, 2011
They've only just managed to pass the half way mark so far.

Which might help some of us pre June 2010 applicants, eventually.

Last edited by james.mc; Apr 26th 2011 at 3:29 am. Reason: spelling
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:51 am
Forum Regular

Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:27 am
BE Enthusiast

tracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud oftracys has much to be proud of

But it looks as if they have had a lean time of it since June 2010.

They only just managed to pass the half way mark so far.

Which might help some of us pre June 2010 applicants, eventually.
Let's hope so
Old Apr 26th 2011, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

ahh I see [i think] so the 2008 to 2010 numbers are for ALL categories and not just FSW then?? [do you suppose?]
No... I think they are both FSW
there are a few differences with the figures

The larger numbers are over a longer period of time 2 1/2 years (feb 2008-June 2010) versus 10 months (new list) therefore numbers are going to be significantly different
the recent occupations list is smaller(29 occs vs 38 occs) therefore fewer people qualify now under FSW1
there is now a cap on overall numbers(20000) and also within individual occs.
The one with the larger number may include FSW2(but not sure) whereas the numbers included in the link definatley does not include FSW2.

Ive given up analysing whats going on cos it makes me sad and despondant

lns
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:10 am
BE Enthusiast

No... I think they are both FSW
there are a few differences with the figures

The larger numbers are over a longer period of time 2 1/2 years (feb 2008-June 2010) versus 10 months (new list) therefore numbers are going to be significantly different
the recent occupations list is smaller(29 occs vs 38 occs) therefore fewer people qualify now under FSW1
there is now a cap on overall numbers(20000) and also within individual occs.
The one with the larger number may include FSW2(but not sure) whereas the numbers included in the link definatley does not include FSW2.

Ive given up analysing whats going on cos it makes me sad and despondant

lns
makes sense.

I got quite despondent a couple of weeks ago, have now resigned myself to the long wait.
I honestly thought we would be there by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.