Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Wikiposts

AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: AOR from London August/September 2010 - Progress updates

I feel the same way. I have been really down these past few weeks. We've decided that we'll go summer 2012, which gives us more time to sell the house and save up.

I don't even want to think about how I'll be feeling if we've got no futher this time next year. I was also convinced that we'd be going this summer.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:20 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by beckybev
I feel the same way. I have been really down these past few weeks. We've decided that we'll go summer 2012, which gives us more time to sell the house and save up.

I don't even want to think about how I'll be feeling if we've got no futher this time next year. I was also convinced that we'd be going this summer.
we are in the process of selling our house right now. the buyers are delaying as long as possible (11 weeks so far). i think thats whats been getting me down the most.
stress levels will return to normal once we complete the sale. [i hope!]
Old Apr 26th 2011, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

beckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the roughbeckybev is a jewel in the rough

We worked so hard to get ours on the market and we haven't had one viewing yet. Things seem to be moving at the lower end of the market so fingers crossed we get some viewings soon.

I hope your sale goes through smoothly. They can be so stressful. Are you renting once the sale has gone through?
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:36 am
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all

Originally Posted by beckybev
We worked so hard to get ours on the market and we haven't had one viewing yet. Things seem to be moving at the lower end of the market so fingers crossed we get some viewings soon.

I hope your sale goes through smoothly. They can be so stressful. Are you renting once the sale has gone through?
we fully refurbished ours prior to putting it on the market. After 5 1/2 months we had only had ONE viewing.
We had the house re-photographed with a wide angle lens which made a world of difference and the estate agent re-designed the brochure for it.
it went on Rightmove on the tuesday and we got a call for a viewing the next morning. they made an offer 11 weeks ago.

have a good look at your pics, do they reflect the character of your home?

Once the sale goes through we will be moving in with Family until visas come through.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heading-west
we are in the process of selling our house right now. the buyers are delaying as long as possible (11 weeks so far). i think thats whats been getting me down the most.
stress levels will return to normal once we complete the sale. [i hope!]
yip...my OH got voluntary redundancy 2 months ago (finishes up in 2-3 weeks) and we thought it would all work out.....but clearly not. Bah
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Ok, I now admit total defeat. With the cap having been reached on my husband´s profession (0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers), what will that mean for us when the new list comes out in June? Is that good (the cap will be removed on the new list) or bad (the cap stays).
I really have lost the plot here so please SOMEONE...ANYone...do let me know what you think.
Ta muchly as always, and fingers crossed for us all.

Gaby
Old Apr 26th 2011, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Ok, I now admit total defeat. With the cap having been reached on my husband´s profession (0631 Restaurant and Food Service Managers), what will that mean for us when the new list comes out in June? Is that good (the cap will be removed on the new list) or bad (the cap stays).
I really have lost the plot here so please SOMEONE...ANYone...do let me know what you think.
Ta muchly as always, and fingers crossed for us all.

Gaby
im not sure what bit you are worried about...are you worried that the cap has been reached for this year??? I would have thought that since your application was recioeved before the cap was reached (was it?) then you will be OK.
lns
Old Apr 26th 2011, 7:21 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

anunlikelyunion

I would like to think that as long as your OH's profession is still on the list after the June changes (if they happen) then he should be fine. If his profession is dropped off the list then the guessing will really start as CIC might start the old line of 'we are processing more recent applications (post June 2011) as they meet the immediate needs of Canada etc etc'. For impact, I wanted to write that in green then but resisted the temptation.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by james.mc
anunlikelyunion

I would like to think that as long as your OH's profession is still on the list after the June changes (if they happen) then he should be fine. If his profession is dropped off the list then the guessing will really start as CIC might start the old line of 'we are processing more recent applications (post June 2011) as they meet the immediate needs of Canada etc etc'. .
Sorry unlike you...I couldnt resist the temptation

anunlikelyunion

I would like to think that as long as your OH's profession is still on the list after the June changes (if they happen) then he should be fine. If his profession is dropped off the list then the guessing will really start as CIC might start the old line of 'we are processing more recent applications (post June 2011) as they meet the immediate needs of Canada etc etc'.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LinsyPinsy
yip...my OH got voluntary redundancy 2 months ago (finishes up in 2-3 weeks) and we thought it would all work out.....but clearly not. Bah
Thats a bummer
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Can2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hear that, hope everything will work out soon
Old Apr 26th 2011, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

im not sure what bit you are worried about...are you worried that the cap has been reached for this year??? I would have thought that since your application was recioeved before the cap was reached (was it?) then you will be OK.
lns
Well, our AOR was 11/08/10 so I am sure the cap wasn´t reached by then yet. I don´t know, just recently this whole thing is really messing my head up and I am at he point where I really don´t care a monkey´s nuts anymore where we´re going, as long as it´s soon. Iceland? Fine. The Arctic? Ok. The moon? Hm...alright. As long as it´s NOW!!!!!!! :curse:
That´s why I am losing the plot, sorry guys.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by james.mc
anunlikelyunion

I would like to think that as long as your OH's profession is still on the list after the June changes (if they happen) then he should be fine. If his profession is dropped off the list then the guessing will really start as CIC might start the old line of 'we are processing more recent applications (post June 2011) as they meet the immediate needs of Canada etc etc'. For impact, I wanted to write that in green then but resisted the temptation.
James, thanks as always for your assurance. By the way, green really doesn´t suit you, it clashes terribly with the red and blue in your coat of arms. Just a female´s point of view.... :P
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:09 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Well, our AOR was 11/08/10 so I am sure the cap wasn´t reached by then yet. I don´t know, just recently this whole thing is really messing my head up and I am at he point where I really don´t care a monkey´s nuts anymore where we´re going, as long as it´s soon. Iceland? Fine. The Arctic? Ok. The moon? Hm...alright. As long as it´s NOW!!!!!!! :curse:
That´s why I am losing the plot, sorry guys.
anunlikelyunion
We're in the same boat. One day difference on AOR. There isn't much we can do to speed things up although recently we sent a case specific email (over 8 months AOR) plus I obtained new police clearance certificates for Portugal (originals will be one year old at the end of this month) and sent them off to CIC London in case we go into process and a further delay is added by them asking for new PCC's. If sending new PCC's in causes them to drag our file out to add them, then all well and good.
Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:13 pm
All Sooked up!

James, thanks as always for your assurance. By the way, green really doesn´t suit you, it clashes terribly with the red and blue in your coat of arms. Just a female´s point of view.... :P
Actually, I should add my family coat of arms, but that one is for Victoria, BC.

Always willing to listen to any female point of view when it comes to colour coordination. Us men have no clue when to comes to that!
I'll avoid green from now on though....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.