The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

AlJay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
One Way Flights booked... We are flying out on the 7th of March... Am so excited now that am possibly going to throw up....
Wonderful. Can't wait to experience booking one way flights. Enjoy this sepical time x
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Omg! How exciting. Have you managed to sell your house or are you renting it out?
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

House not sold yet... hoping it will before we go. Work are paying accommodation for the first 3 months when we get there so we have a wee bit of a cushion... I know its a bit mental but we just want to get there...!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Not mental at all. I totally know where you are coming from. We would do the same if it wasn't for the settlement funds of $20k that we need to land and funnily enough don't have just sitting in the bank!! The house selling will just be another stressful moment in this whole process no doubt!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

We are landing as TWP not PR (unless that comes through in time which I guess is a maybe!) so no proof of funds needed. I think maybe my job offer would cover this anyway? Maybe? If we need actual funds to land for PR then yes we would need the house to sell first too, lol!

How is your house sale going? Ours has been up since the start of Dec, but Dec is a quiet month, hoping that we get more movement in Jan...
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure you won't need them as you have a job. We haven't put house on market yet. We will prob do it in feb. I don't think much would have happened in dec anyway, plus we want to make sure meds are ok too as it would be a nightmare if we sold but the pr hadn't come through.... We're hoping to be there for June time if all goes to plan, but then again, it never seems to!
Old Jan 2nd 2013, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Porkis is an unknown quantity at this point

Ailsa n Dave, what was the medical like? can you give any info as to what it actually involved, how long it took, and where you went for it?

Thanks,

Jim
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Porkis
Ailsa n Dave, what was the medical like? can you give any info as to what it actually involved, how long it took, and where you went for it?

Thanks,

Jim
Hi Jim.

We had two location choices:

Glasgow City centre (but seperate place for x-rays)

or, Edinburgh (All done in one place) but more expensive.

We opted for the slightly more complicated, but cheaper Glasgow option.

We called both places first (xray and medical centre) to confirm availability. They fitted us in within a couple of days of the call.

We went for our Xrays first at the Nuffield hospital (they have parking). Forms took ages to fill out, then the X-rays took a few seconds. Then we were on our way to the next place. Used a park n ride with the subway, and popped up just next to the Bryden medical centre at George square, so really not too much of a hassle.

Again we had the forms to fill in. (the usual big lists of "have you ever had any of the following nasty diseases etc")

At this time we were given plastic sample cups and pointed in the direction of the toilet. They were all labelled with our names, and told to leave them in the bathroom when done.

Next was a nurse examination. I went in with Ross, our youngest. She took my blood pressure, and measure my weight and height. Also did a basic eye test (letters on a board at the other side of the room)

Then it was doctor time. Again I went in with Ross. I was asked to remove my t-shirt and lie on the bench behind the screen. I wasn't looking forward to this bit, lol. Doctor did some very basic reflex tests, like push your hands againsts hers, same with feet, then pushed my chest and stomache, which made me laugh as I'm really tickly, lol. Then she listened to my chest while I breathed in and out a few times. Quick look in the ears eyes and throat.

Then it was blood sample time. Never had that before, so just looked the other way. I generally need every drop of my blood. Ross didn't need to give blood.

And that was it. No bend over, or look left and cough type stuff, lol.

Results would be processed within a few days and posted on to London, and after looking at our ecas they have now received them.

The most painfull part of the whole process was the Wallet-ectomy
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Porkis is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info Dave, really appreciate that .. puts me more at ease, as I was anticipating the bend over and cough, and rubber gloves etc .. not sure where I was getting that whole idea from, but glad to hear that it's not going to be happening anyway
Been following the blog with excitement, and I'm so happy for you guys, go chase that dream!
Jim
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Porkis
Thanks for the info Dave, really appreciate that .. puts me more at ease, as I was anticipating the bend over and cough, and rubber gloves etc .. not sure where I was getting that whole idea from, but glad to hear that it's not going to be happening anyway
Been following the blog with excitement, and I'm so happy for you guys, go chase that dream!
Jim
No problem Jim.

It's good to have something to actually blog about at last. There was a year of nothing, as I'm not one for just writing daily BS for the sake of filling a space.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Well passport requests came by e-mail this afternoon! And......relax.....!
Amazed they came so quickly after Christmas. I honestly expected to be waiting well into January.

We had Medicals 19th Nov, cic updated to show "Medical Results Received" 10th Dec and PPR 3rd Jan.

So more passport photos and copies of passports to be submitted with an updated details sheet, height, eye colour, passport number etc and then wait for the COPR.

Are we really nearly there?????

Great to see everyone else moving along, hope 2013 is lucky for us all

Bob
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 4:44 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by RbjdtbBurwash
Well passport requests came by e-mail this afternoon! And......relax.....!
Amazed they came so quickly after Christmas. I honestly expected to be waiting well into January.

We had Medicals 19th Nov, cic updated to show "Medical Results Received" 10th Dec and PPR 3rd Jan.

So more passport photos and copies of passports to be submitted with an updated details sheet, height, eye colour, passport number etc and then wait for the COPR.

Are we really nearly there?????

Great to see everyone else moving along, hope 2013 is lucky for us all

Bob
Looks like you're on the home straight Bob
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Looks like you're on the home straight Bob
You too D&A. Seems like it's been a long time coming, but a relief to be able to start thinking about planning things at last.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 7:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Great news bob, and what an amazing year this should be for you guys! Good luck!
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Great news bob, and what an amazing year this should be for you guys! Good luck!
Thanks Jane, lots to look forward to. Scary and exciting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.