The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Where are you both heading to out of interest? were you both applying as FSW Cat 1 or 2??
Old Feb 1st 2013, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Congrats RB!! Great news... and interesting - so we can stop obsessively checking ecas and start stalking the postman instead!!

lol Jane- we have borrowed deck chairs and crockery and blow up beds We also have some interesting desks and tables made of cardboard boxes... all very inventive!! Its quite fun actually, feels like a different house!!

RB - My work are helping with our relocation so we don't actually know how much its costing. Its all being done through a firm called Sirva.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Fun times Ailsa! I hope we don't have to do that, with a toddler it could prove interesting!!!

I just read another post about the time taken between meds and PPR and now wish I hadn't Jim Humphries mentioned that background checks and meds are done in parallel often as they take so long which could potentially mean months more waiting I really hope not! Everyone else on this thread seems to have had PPR relatively quickly....
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alipeesha
does it feel real now?? 3 weeks thats amazing!! congrats and the very best of luck.. i think im getting nervous now!
Frighteningly real lol!

Just checked our ECAS and it as now been updated. To "decision made" . Glad the letter came before I saw that!

Hope yours comes through soon.
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Congrats RB!! Great news... and interesting - so we can stop obsessively checking ecas and start stalking the postman instead!!

lol Jane- we have borrowed deck chairs and crockery and blow up beds We also have some interesting desks and tables made of cardboard boxes... all very inventive!! Its quite fun actually, feels like a different house!!

RB - My work are helping with our relocation so we don't actually know how much its costing. Its all being done through a firm called Sirva.
Thanks guys will have a look at them. Ah the relocation package hey? Luxury lol!
Old Feb 1st 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
Where are you both heading to out of interest? were you both applying as FSW Cat 1 or 2??
We're heading to Oakville / Burlington, being driven by school area for our 10 year old.

Partner is the FSW for our application and no job offer as yet.......
Old Feb 1st 2013, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point

what job is you FSW for?... we are hoping to move to calgary.... know any places to rent!?!... any day jane... any day! where are you off to too?
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

We're off to Calgary too, but just outside, to cochrane.
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Have you been there before/have a job sorted? I don tknow if its better to wait til li get out there to look for places to rent or try and do my homework on line 1st... im either too trusting .. or i wont trust anyone!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

We went last may but I think it's too risky and difficult to try and find somewhere to live from here. Apparently you have to be very quick as places get snapped up rapidly. We hopefully have somewhere to go initially which helps but is only short term solution. My husband has been applying for stuff and people are interested but it is difficult as we don't have a set date yet. What field of wok are you in?
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

AlJay is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, this weekend we finally booked our flights and are heading off to Vancouver on 12th March. Can't believe, after such a long and challenging process, that we can actually go. Hope everyone elses plans come to fruition soon.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Exciting stuff! Keep us posted with how you get on. Good luck!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
We went last may but I think it's too risky and difficult to try and find somewhere to live from here. Apparently you have to be very quick as places get snapped up rapidly. We hopefully have somewhere to go initially which helps but is only short term solution. My husband has been applying for stuff and people are interested but it is difficult as we don't have a set date yet. What field of wok are you in?
We were talking to a realtor last week. He said that he would be able to get us into somewhere for a long-term (12 month) rental within a couple of weeks of arriving. He said there tend to be a lot of empty new builds that people aren't ready to move into yet and they want to rent out. So if we were there and able to view lots of places and ready to move in at short notice, then there was lots of availability. That was in the Oakville area.

As far as jobs are concerned, my partner is going as a chef / catering manager. We've been looking. But not going til July so a long lead in at the moment. CIC has a recruitment section and when the COPRs came we had an invite to a free orientation workshop by Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CIIP). You send them your CV in advance and they work through opportunities etc for you. We are planning on booking on a London session.

I've found in the past it can be tricky applying for jobs when you aren't in the same country unless you have a lead in. I know when moving back from Germany years ago I travelled back for loads of interviews that went really well but no offers. Then within a week of being back in the UK I had a job offer. You can never tell.

Be interesting to see how this free workshop goes.

Last edited by RbjdtbBurwash; Feb 4th 2013 at 3:39 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

I heard that too about the developers letting the new builds out on a Month to month basis so I am hoping that we may find something quickly once there. Let us know how the workshop goes.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

what realtor did you guys use? jane.. any word yet??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.