The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jan 7th 2013, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Happy New Year everyone!

How are we all doing? Excited MUCH?!

We're looking to fly mid-March (all going well with house sale).

I've been reading the paperwork which came with the COPRs. I know we have to complete 2 personal belongings lists for items we're taking with us and another for any items to follow.

The web address given is www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca and for any food www.inspection.gc.ca

I'm going bananas but i can't find the information i need to do these lists

Please help?

OB
Old Jan 7th 2013, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ontario Bound is an unknown quantity at this point

The link seems to work now :star:
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

well our meds were sent back to London today so the wait begins all over again and so does the weekly checking of ECAS!!! Hopefully they'll just want our applications done and dusted before the new applications start flooding in!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 10:38 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

We are also playing that game again.

Sent the meds a couple of weeks ago, but only sent the rprf yesterday.

tick.....tock.... lol
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

It's great isn't it ha ha! Oooh your blog's gone all posh!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jane Barlow
It's great isn't it ha ha! Oooh your blog's gone all posh!
Indeed it has, now that I have something to blog about.

Just updated the dog logistics if anyone's interested.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa

Thanks Dave, useful info about the dog. Will check Zooplus out. We need a "Giant" crate for our Greyhound apparently, she'll be rolling round in that I'm sure!
We'd sussed out all the other stuff but must say we had been wondering about what actually happened on the day at check in. Personally I'm just not looking forward to that face staring at me through the bars when they wheel her away!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Yeah, I'm sure the dog will be thinking... "seriously? all I did was bark at the postman!"

We have had Hemi at the kennels twice in the last month, so he's getting used to being behind bars, as in, he knows we always come back for him.

We plan to put the crate in the back of the car and make him use it when we go anywhere. Just so he know's it's not a punishment, although that could be handy when we get to Canada, lol.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'm sure the dog will be thinking... "seriously? all I did was bark at the postman!"

We have had Hemi at the kennels twice in the last month, so he's getting used to being behind bars, as in, he knows we always come back for him.

We plan to put the crate in the back of the car and make him use it when we go anywhere. Just so he know's it's not a punishment, although that could be handy when we get to Canada, lol.
Good planning, get them used to it, then it's no big thing for them.

Mind you ours is such a drama queen I'm sure there will be Best Actor nominations flooding in and we'll just get "the look" for weeks after we arrive!
Old Jan 8th 2013, 8:35 pm
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

No dis-respect but I just looked at your blog and your dog crate looks a little on the small side, dogs are meant to be able to stand up, sit down, lay down and turn around comfortable. Did you measure you dog correctly for the crate?

You may have already re-searched this so apologies if I am wrong but they will not let your dog fly out if they think the crate is too small.

Also you may have just been summarising but you need a bit more than just a rabies injection (although I have no experience with flying my dog over yet) I thought you also needed a fit to fly certificate and other export paper work etc. again I presume you checked with DEFRA everything you need. The last thing you need is an unnecessary headache at the airport.

I wish you the best for your trip.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jobop
No dis-respect but I just looked at your blog and your dog crate looks a little on the small side, dogs are meant to be able to stand up, sit down, lay down and turn around comfortable. Did you measure you dog correctly for the crate?

You may have already re-searched this so apologies if I am wrong but they will not let your dog fly out if they think the crate is too small.

Also you may have just been summarising but you need a bit more than just a rabies injection (although I have no experience with flying my dog over yet) I thought you also needed a fit to fly certificate and other export paper work etc. again I presume you checked with DEFRA everything you need. The last thing you need is an unnecessary headache at the airport.

I wish you the best for your trip.
Hey jobop, no probs, I know you are just trying to help.

Trust me, the crate is huge, lol. Our dog is intentionally dropping his head to make me look like a bad parent. He can easily walk in, turn around and lie down without touching any sides.

I chose the crate size recommended for: Siberian Husky, Golden retriever, Boxer.

With regards to other paperwork...

It's really not that complicated. The defra thing relates more to bringing you dog BACK to the UK, where rules are much stricter.

Here's a link to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (yes, I was a bit worried about that too, lol)

http://inspection.gc.ca/english/anim.../canin3e.shtml

Apart from the rabies jab, it's just a vets inspection at the other side, but as far as I know, I DO have to add the dog to our goods to follow list. Not quite sure of his second hand value though, lol.
Old Jan 8th 2013, 11:29 pm
Account Closed

This picture might give you a better idea of the size..

Old Jan 9th 2013, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

madscots will become famous soon enoughmadscots will become famous soon enough

Hey jobop, no probs, I know you are just trying to help.

Trust me, the crate is huge, lol. Our dog is intentionally dropping his head to make me look like a bad parent. He can easily walk in, turn around and lie down without touching any sides.

I chose the crate size recommended for: Siberian Husky, Golden retriever, Boxer.

With regards to other paperwork...

It's really not that complicated. The defra thing relates more to bringing you dog BACK to the UK, where rules are much stricter.

Here's a link to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (yes, I was a bit worried about that too, lol)

http://inspection.gc.ca/english/anim.../canin3e.shtml

Apart from the rabies jab, it's just a vets inspection at the other side, but as far as I know, I DO have to add the dog to our goods to follow list. Not quite sure of his second hand value though, lol.

We also had to get a fit to fly certificate upto 24 hours before the flight. This had to be done by our vet with their stamp etc on it.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by madscots
We also had to get a fit to fly certificate upto 24 hours before the flight. This had to be done by our vet with their stamp etc on it.
There are various bits I've not added to my blog, as the "fit to fly", and other requirements like that are airline specific. They will tell you when you book the pet in what they require. I just didn't want to over complicate things for people, when they will be given more details at the right time.
Old Jan 9th 2013, 9:55 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Smile Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Originally Posted by RbjdtbBurwash
Thanks Dave, useful info about the dog. Will check Zooplus out. We need a "Giant" crate for our Greyhound apparently, she'll be rolling round in that I'm sure!
We'd sussed out all the other stuff but must say we had been wondering about what actually happened on the day at check in. Personally I'm just not looking forward to that face staring at me through the bars when they wheel her away!
Hi,
Don't know if it will help you, but we brought our Springer Spaniel over here in Sept. Manc-Vanc. We too had no idea what to expect.

Turned up at the check-in area. I left the relatives, husband, dog & belongings outside while I went in and asked what the heck do we do with the dog. They just smiled and said i should just walk her in with us.

We then got to the check-in desk quite quickly as we'd booked priority check-in (AirTransat) and a lovely gentleman called Peter, came over and said, "oh we've been expecting a lovely springer spaniel" promptly making a fuss of her! He then asked if he could take her while we did our paperwork etc., she happily went off with him and she was greeting the queue and getting on the bag weighing conveyor belts, getting stroked by the check-in girls and having a right old time!

Peter then explain everything (where she had to be and by what time and where we could take her for exercise, what was going to happen etc) and he gave me all the stickers for the crate & everything I needed.

We then brought her back to the check-in desk at the required time and she then had to go and have her crate swabbed for narcotics. Don't recall them swabbing the dog! Peter then explained what other animals were on the flight and that she would be in her crate next to another dog who she could talk to! I then left her in Peter's capable hands.

When we were called to the gate for boarding, Peter came to find us to reassure us she'd got on the flight ok and that she was fine. He said the baggage handlers had been making a fuss of her through the bars and that they all knew her name (he'd written it on the label for them, he told us!). I was a little bit emotional due to the whole situation and his kindness and reassuring nature was very soothing!

THEN! Finally, just before the doors were closed for departure, Peter came to see us AGAIN and he had taken a photograph of her in her crate in the hold, with her nose up to the door and he said she was fine and not to worry. So I tried not to worry and to enjoy the flight as much as possible.

I did mean to write to someone about how good he was, but with everything going on, I never did. I hope I said thank you enough at the time.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.