The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Jan 9th 2013, 10:03 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Oh and prior to all this, she had rabies jab nicely in advance (there's a certain length of time involved), got her a pet passport (vet said it acted as an 'import document') and she had a fit to fly health check, two days prior to departure.
Katie
Attached Thumbnails The 2011 FSW timeline club-image.jpg  
Old Jan 9th 2013, 11:13 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi,
Don't know if it will help you, but we brought our Springer Spaniel over here in Sept. Manc-Vanc. We too had no idea what to expect.

Turned up at the check-in area. I left the relatives, husband, dog & belongings outside while I went in and asked what the heck do we do with the dog. They just smiled and said i should just walk her in with us.

We then got to the check-in desk quite quickly as we'd booked priority check-in (AirTransat) and a lovely gentleman called Peter, came over and said, "oh we've been expecting a lovely springer spaniel" promptly making a fuss of her! He then asked if he could take her while we did our paperwork etc., she happily went off with him and she was greeting the queue and getting on the bag weighing conveyor belts, getting stroked by the check-in girls and having a right old time!

Peter then explain everything (where she had to be and by what time and where we could take her for exercise, what was going to happen etc) and he gave me all the stickers for the crate & everything I needed.

We then brought her back to the check-in desk at the required time and she then had to go and have her crate swabbed for narcotics. Don't recall them swabbing the dog! Peter then explained what other animals were on the flight and that she would be in her crate next to another dog who she could talk to! I then left her in Peter's capable hands.

When we were called to the gate for boarding, Peter came to find us to reassure us she'd got on the flight ok and that she was fine. He said the baggage handlers had been making a fuss of her through the bars and that they all knew her name (he'd written it on the label for them, he told us!). I was a little bit emotional due to the whole situation and his kindness and reassuring nature was very soothing!

THEN! Finally, just before the doors were closed for departure, Peter came to see us AGAIN and he had taken a photograph of her in her crate in the hold, with her nose up to the door and he said she was fine and not to worry. So I tried not to worry and to enjoy the flight as much as possible.

I did mean to write to someone about how good he was, but with everything going on, I never did. I hope I said thank you enough at the time.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Katie
Thanks for that Katie

We too are going with Air Transat, so hopefully they will be equally as helpfull in Glasgow
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hi Dave and Ailsa!

I havent been on this website for what feels like ages! (last july after we were scunnered by cic pulling the plug on fsw apps..

but anyways, ive not had a chance yet to read all of these pages, but from what ive quickly glanced over on your timeline it looks like you are closer to your canadian dream! really pleased for you all. Its been a long wait and im sure itl be plain sailing from here on in.

Im sure the boys will benefit in the long term growing up in suburbs of canada as opposed to the schemes of glasgow!

Good luck guys

Al
Old Jan 10th 2013, 5:53 pm
Forum Regular

RbjdtbBurwash is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hi,
Don't know if it will help you, but we brought our Springer Spaniel over here in Sept. Manc-Vanc. We too had no idea what to expect.

Turned up at the check-in area. I left the relatives, husband, dog & belongings outside while I went in and asked what the heck do we do with the dog. They just smiled and said i should just walk her in with us.

We then got to the check-in desk quite quickly as we'd booked priority check-in (AirTransat) and a lovely gentleman called Peter, came over and said, "oh we've been expecting a lovely springer spaniel" promptly making a fuss of her! He then asked if he could take her while we did our paperwork etc., she happily went off with him and she was greeting the queue and getting on the bag weighing conveyor belts, getting stroked by the check-in girls and having a right old time!

Peter then explain everything (where she had to be and by what time and where we could take her for exercise, what was going to happen etc) and he gave me all the stickers for the crate & everything I needed.

We then brought her back to the check-in desk at the required time and she then had to go and have her crate swabbed for narcotics. Don't recall them swabbing the dog! Peter then explained what other animals were on the flight and that she would be in her crate next to another dog who she could talk to! I then left her in Peter's capable hands.

When we were called to the gate for boarding, Peter came to find us to reassure us she'd got on the flight ok and that she was fine. He said the baggage handlers had been making a fuss of her through the bars and that they all knew her name (he'd written it on the label for them, he told us!). I was a little bit emotional due to the whole situation and his kindness and reassuring nature was very soothing!

THEN! Finally, just before the doors were closed for departure, Peter came to see us AGAIN and he had taken a photograph of her in her crate in the hold, with her nose up to the door and he said she was fine and not to worry. So I tried not to worry and to enjoy the flight as much as possible.

I did mean to write to someone about how good he was, but with everything going on, I never did. I hope I said thank you enough at the time.

Hope this helps you in some way.
Katie
Thanks Katie, that's really re-assuring to read.
It will be Air Transat from Gatwick for us, so hope we have as good experience as you did.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 6:49 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi Dave and Ailsa!

I havent been on this website for what feels like ages! (last july after we were scunnered by cic pulling the plug on fsw apps..

but anyways, ive not had a chance yet to read all of these pages, but from what ive quickly glanced over on your timeline it looks like you are closer to your canadian dream! really pleased for you all. Its been a long wait and im sure itl be plain sailing from here on in.

Im sure the boys will benefit in the long term growing up in suburbs of canada as opposed to the schemes of glasgow!

Good luck guys

Al
Thanks Al.

To be honest, it doesn't feel that long a wait. A few months under two years since we started thinking seriously about it.

I actually feel really bad for all the poor souls that have been waiting 4+ years, and may still get a rejection letter

But, we are happy and excited. How are you feeling about a move at the moment?
Old Jan 10th 2013, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Hi MissKatPaw,

Thanks so much for posting that!!! Very re-assuring... I really can't see the Glasgow handlers being that nice but you never know! The thought of walking into the airport and taking Hemi to the check-in desk is definitely freaking me out somewhat!

Hey Alcat!
Thanks for thats and yes finally coming together thankfully. What are your plans now? Still wanting to go?

Ails
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:54 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa
Thanks for that Katie

We too are going with Air Transat, so hopefully they will be equally as helpfull in Glasgow
Originally Posted by RbjdtbBurwash
Thanks Katie, that's really re-assuring to read.
It will be Air Transat from Gatwick for us, so hope we have as good experience as you did.
Originally Posted by Ailsa n Dave
Hi MissKatPaw,

Thanks so much for posting that!!! Very re-assuring... I really can't see the Glasgow handlers being that nice but you never know! The thought of walking into the airport and taking Hemi to the check-in desk is definitely freaking me out somewhat!

Hey Alcat!
Thanks for thats and yes finally coming together thankfully. What are your plans now? Still wanting to go?

Ails
No worries, I just hope it helps you out when the time comes...lord knows there's so much else going on, you can do without crying over your dog too!

Katie
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

AlJay is an unknown quantity at this point

At last......our COPRs arrived today. Beyond excited. Can't believe they are here. So relieved.

Thanks to all on this forum. It has been a great help and support to be sharing this challenging process with other folk in the same position.

For those that are interested in the timescales...... Application received by CIC 7.12.11. PER 15.2.11 In process 18.6.12 Meds 18.8.12 PPR 14.11.12 COPR 15.1.13
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, fantastic news Aljay, so happy for you! Keep us posted on your progress! Good luck!

Jane
Old Jan 17th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ailsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really niceAilsa n Dave is just really nice

Great news Aljay!! Congratulations!
Old Jan 27th 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.... just wanted to say hi and ask advice. i see that im not hte only one stressing about how my poor dog is going to handle the flight.I got her a vari kennel yesterday and woke my b/f several times being happy that she was sleeping in it!!! We did our meds 5/12/12 ... any updates for anyone else who did them around that time?? now im stressing that we wont get PPR/COPR in time- i have the dog booked prov on may 22nd... really worried i may have over estimated how quick they can process things
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

Hi Alipeesha,
Our meds where done a couple of weeks after you, but we have nothing back yet. I'd hope you'll be ok for May, but I guess we just have to wait and see.
Ails
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

alipeesha is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ailsa and dave... im not a patient person.. just wish i knew what stage things were at in the office!
It sounds like htins are really moving forward for you guys! love the blog!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Jane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeJane Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Alipeesha,

I'm exactly the same, I at least want to know that the meds are ok - at least Dave n Ailsa have that luxury, but I suppose it could take another few months.... We did our meds on 22 Dec but with Christmas getting in the way they only arrived at CIC on 8th Jan so I guess I am being a little impatient LOL!
Old Jan 29th 2013, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

UPDATE! How funny, just after posting that I thought I'd check my status on ECAS, and sure enough it now says Med results received - yay!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.