The 2011 FSW timeline club

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

Porkis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The 2011 FSW timeline club

Good news Fletch ... Yay !!!

As for people with bad news (like us) that's just life man .. why should everyone else stop posting their good news? stop being silly, and get on with it .. wishing you, and everyone else that's still in the game all the very best of luck!

Porkis
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:55 pm
Just Joined

jonl is an unknown quantity at this point

What's the drill should your application fail due to a NOC quota being breached?
Is your entire application pack returned inc fees?

I wonder when would be the best time to submit your application to maximise your chances of falling within the quota for 2011/12. Sending your app late June perhaps?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:09 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jonl
What's the drill should your application fail due to a NOC quota being breached?
Is your entire application pack returned inc fees?

I wonder when would be the best time to submit your application to maximise your chances of falling within the quota for 2011/12. Sending your app late June perhaps?
Mrs Fletch had hers returned NOC full initially and they return everything including the fee.

You will have to wait to see what is on the list first, what did you apply under and when did it fill up?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Our application also recieved on 25th November, but unfortunately still nothing taken out of credit card. Hoping they don't open them in order and that's the reason - not that it's been rejected for being incomplete. Hate the delay as really want to get on with it and leave here behind us! Maybe tomorrow...
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

As Fletcher said, no point in sending it then as you don't even know if it'll be on next year's list! Up to you if you want to spend the money on things like IELTS, etc, without knowing if you'll even be eligible after 1st July, but if so then just have it ready to go for then.

Good luck.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

jonl is an unknown quantity at this point

We applied for the Social Work NOC. 2 weeks ago the count was at 390. Our app would have been received on the 31st Jan. Looked today and the count was at 500 so I don't fancy our chances.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:44 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sliam37
Our application also recieved on 25th November, but unfortunately still nothing taken out of credit card. Hoping they don't open them in order and that's the reason - not that it's been rejected for being incomplete. Hate the delay as really want to get on with it and leave here behind us! Maybe tomorrow...
Don't know what to say, except, I hope you are successful.

You can see from D n A and ourselves, our payments have been taken, have you rang the CC or are you waiting for a statement? They will have your application and I am sure you will know soon.fletch
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:47 pm
Banned

We applied for the Social Work NOC. 2 weeks ago the count was at 390. Our app would have been received on the 31st Jan. Looked today and the count was at 500 so I don't fancy our chances.
Can you or partner apply under anything else? Wishing you luck.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Well based on my experience, I'd say it aint looking good sorry!

sliam37 what NOC did you apply under?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

sliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the roughsliam37 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Porkis
Well based on my experience, I'd say it aint looking good sorry!

sliam37 what NOC did you apply under?
we're under 3142 (physiotherapists). I can't find the actual numbers any more since system seems to have changed since last week, but last time I looked there were only about 30 recieved applications. (It's an enormous effort to get Canadian registration - including two exams that need to be taken at different times in Canada, plus a huge credentialling process and self study).

I look at credit card online, so all up to date. Wasn't expecting to get credit card debited till end of Feb, so will leave it a few more weeks. Just slightly concerned that our money hasn't been taken when others' have!

(by the way, do any of you ever sleep? Surely it's very late to be sitting at a computer)
Old Feb 7th 2012, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

LOL, no, nobody on here ever sleeps

Based on there only being 30, then I think you'll be safe so for you
Old Feb 18th 2012, 10:50 am
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got a letter from Sydney

"Positive final determination of eligibility for processing"

"Your application will be forwarded to the visa office for further processing"

YEAH!!!!

I was kind of reading it with my eyes half shut, a bit like watching a scary film in case I didn't like what they were about to tell me

So next step, London, and whatever they do in that office.

How's everyone else getting on?
Old Feb 18th 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

PortchesterRoyal is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa

YEAH!!!!

I was kind of reading it with my eyes half shut, a bit like watching a scary film in case I didn't like what they were about to tell me

Great News Dave, bet you are going to have a wee dram to celebrate or will it be a bottle of Buckfast
We missed out on FSW this year so we are hoping to go down the CIS route with Nova Scotia
John
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:02 pm
Account Closed

Dave n Ailsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks John, but it's not quite time to celebrate, lol. But I'll have a wee dram.... of coffee

Shame you need to find an alternative route, but I think once you get it in your head, the time doesn't seem to matter so much, just the determination to get there.

Plenty of nice folk in NS to help you.
Old Feb 18th 2012, 12:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dave n Ailsa

YEAH!!!!

Three weeks, that is quick. Nice one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.