Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old Aug 16th 2012, 4:03 am
Just Joined

carlferns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Originally Posted by msj5
If anyone knows of any houses for rent around Siolim or Parra please PM me.
If anyone's interested in something in Carmona/Varca, let me know. I'm not using mine this year.

Carl
Old Aug 25th 2012, 1:43 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5
I certainly won`t be leaving any removable fixtures and fittings,even if I don`t need them.....I`ll soon find some one who will!
I've only just caught up on this thread having been away.

Sorry to hear this absolute crap news Jill - the ignorant git landlord could at least have told you BEFORE he watched you tend so lovingly to the garden and toil over the flowerbeds. Shame on hi and may his Karma mean the ants in those flowerbeds bite him in his man bits
Hope you find somewhere really lovely with plenty of room for your plants.
If you need somewhere to store any of your plants for an interim I know of two really nice families who would help you out there.

And damn right take everything with you - even down to the last lightbulb

Dread - x
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody power....it's gone off 8 times in the past 4 hours and we are still one phase down.

John
Old Aug 27th 2012, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Make that 9 times .............
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:02 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Another effect of the economic slowdown?

"Fake cigarettes made from human excrement, asbestos, mould and dead flies are being smoked regularly in Britain, undercover detectives have found."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...book-dailymail
Old Sep 10th 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Investigators working for the tobacco industry - no bias there then and reported in the Daily Mail - must be true!

That 30% of cigarettes are purchased abroad I can believe that - but it will only be an infinitely small percentage that contain all that other rubbish - you only have to take a ferry across or more to the point back from Europe and see all the track suited tatoo'd chavs with cars and vans packed with cigarettes and tobacco to realise the enormous quantity of tobacco products imported into the UK.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 12:51 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

You right Steve, probably smuggled stuff finding their way to the High Street, tough to spot so take care all smokers....these can cause major problems.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 4:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
You right Steve, probably smuggled stuff finding their way to the High Street, tough to spot so take care all smokers....these can cause major problems.
British people can take any amount of cigarettes and tobacco bought in Europe back to the UK provided they do not then sell it. I've been stopped several times both leaving and entering the UK by vehicle using a ferry or the tunnel. Maybe the customs officers are stopping the wrong people, there is very little space for contraband in my two seater sports car but I have never yet been stopped in our camper van. I have always found that you get what you pay for so if you buy cheap cigarettes from some bloke in a pub and they turn out to be fake then thats your own fault.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by k800mer
British people can take any amount of cigarettes and tobacco bought in Europe back to the UK provided they do not then sell it. I've been stopped several times both leaving and entering the UK by vehicle using a ferry or the tunnel. Maybe the customs officers are stopping the wrong people, there is very little space for contraband in my two seater sports car but I have never yet been stopped in our camper van. I have always found that you get what you pay for so if you buy cheap cigarettes from some bloke in a pub and they turn out to be fake then thats your own fault.
Was stopped in our camper van a few years back with 6 people on board leaving France and I cant remember how many cases of beer were on board but they were more concerned about stowaways!!
Customs on the UK side actually have pictures of vehicles they are going to pull!!
Old Sep 10th 2012, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
British people can take any amount of cigarettes and tobacco bought in Europe back to the UK provided they do not then sell it.
The theory is that the tobacco/cigarettes must be for personal use - however when you see the quantities that some people bring over it quite obviously can't be the case. The customs people are not stupid and those that extract the urine find there cars and contents impounded. As a non smoker it is a matter of total indifference to me, but the government do need to eradicate this fiasco even if for no other reason than customs officers can then spend there time more constructively; rather than deal with shell suited, tatooed, cancer peddling chavs.
Old Sep 10th 2012, 9:52 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

Yes, I am also a non-smoker but had posted this just to draw attention of those who might be affected by the bad stuff coming in...not that they can do much either except maybe check the sources where they buy from and be a bit more aware.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

That you can lie steal, murder and cheat and end up in The Lok Saba running the country.But if you create a cartoon which criticizing the way its being run and cheated out of billions of Rupees,you end up in Arthur Road Jail.....! The worlds biggest democracy ? An intolerant society is just a step below a fascistic society.
Old Sep 12th 2012, 10:19 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

Intolerant and fascistic yes, but certainly not the Society, its the Govt that has skeletons jumping out of their cupboards and trying to cover up and silence any opposition. This arrest was one more blunder and its going to take some doing for the Govt to wriggle out. Society remains tolerant, too tolerant of such actions IMO

Cheers
Old Sep 13th 2012, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

In our VW camper van tootling around France and using a notebook to access the net I find that when I open the BE site as I have received a notification instead of it taking me to the latest replies it drops me back to the last time I assessed the thread on the notebook. In in most cases this was May so I have to spend time getting to the last reply I read in some cases hundreds of pages later. This wastes time and money on a slow and expensive internet connection.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 8:20 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
That you can lie steal, murder and cheat and end up in The Lok Saba running the country.But if you create a cartoon which criticizing the way its being run and cheated out of billions of Rupees,you end up in Arthur Road Jail.....! The worlds biggest democracy ? An intolerant society is just a step below a fascistic society.
Originally Posted by IndianFriend
Intolerant and fascistic yes, but certainly not the Society, its the Govt that has skeletons jumping out of their cupboards and trying to cover up and silence any opposition. This arrest was one more blunder and its going to take some doing for the Govt to wriggle out. Society remains tolerant, too tolerant of such actions IMO

Cheers
Govt pulled up by High Court for fabricated charges, as was expected

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...w/16394428.cms

Last edited by IndianFriend; Sep 14th 2012 at 8:22 am. Reason: Left out the Link

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.