Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Went to the Tate in Liverpool to see the Turner, Monet and Twombley (late works) Exhibition - if the paintings had been by unknown painters then I doubt if there were half a dozen that anyone would pay £200 for.
My 'sig' is as true as ever!!

AndyD 8-)

Last edited by a_f_d; Sep 20th 2012 at 8:10 am.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

I confess to being someone that knows sweet foxtrot alpha about art, however I have always liked some of Monet's work, I particularly like 'Sunrise' and 'Water Lilies' - If the image you have shown is typical of some of the other work, then I think two hundred pounds is possibly generous!
Old Sep 20th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

... I think this was one of the Monet's.

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 20th 2012, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

SteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to beholdSteveKingswear is a splendid one to behold

umm!!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:56 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

They are rather crap paintings aren't they...............I could do better myself !!!

But then how can the art world be taken seriously when they awarded massive prizes to Tracey Emin because she was was a dirty skank who didn't keep her bed clean!!!!

Dread - x
Old Sep 21st 2012, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
They are rather crap paintings aren't they...............I could do better myself !!!

But then how can the art world be taken seriously when they awarded massive prizes to Tracey Emin because she was was a dirty skank who didn't keep her bed clean!!!!

Dread - x
I agree absolutely with you about Tracy Emin also Damien Hirst. Didnt think much of the olympic sculpture either, in fact I think it looks awful!!
(I admire Grayson Perry's work, what do others think?)

I really like most of the impressionists' work. I suppose they had to churn out some rubbish to get money.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

I have a couple of friends who work for Jay Joplins White Cube in Hoxton Square. He is the guy who launched Emin and Hirst and who was the husband of that other towering lump of talent, Sam Taylor wood. She directed the film ,No Where Boy-biography of Lennons early life in Liverpool.It went straight to video. Roughly two years ago a Chinese couple were in the gallery buying lithos prints of Hursts dot or splodge period. Priced between £7500 to £10,000 each.Limited edition runs of 500 and each individually signed of course.The porter who was bringing them from the back room into the gallery for them to be packaged up was coming through the swing doors and the handle on the door went through one of the prints. The couple were immediately sat down with a coffee and in 20 minutes a motor bike messenger appeared with another signed and numbered exactly like the original.He must have thousands of them stashed in a vault in South London.Emin cannot draw yet she is a Professor of Drawing at The Royal Academy ! Hurst is a serial plagiarist of other peoples work and is now worth an estimated £200 million.Modern Art or a load of old cobblers...?
Old Sep 21st 2012, 12:05 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

I had a corperate day freeby at a golf course in Halifax west Yorkshire, free round of golf, good prizes and a gorgeous meal, but it has been rained off, bleeding weather.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 7:47 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by prestonjohn
I have a couple of friends who work for Jay Joplins White Cube in Hoxton Square. He is the guy who launched Emin and Hirst and who was the husband of that other towering lump of talent, Sam Taylor wood. She directed the film ,No Where Boy-biography of Lennons early life in Liverpool.It went straight to video. Roughly two years ago a Chinese couple were in the gallery buying lithos prints of Hursts dot or splodge period. Priced between £7500 to £10,000 each.Limited edition runs of 500 and each individually signed of course.The porter who was bringing them from the back room into the gallery for them to be packaged up was coming through the swing doors and the handle on the door went through one of the prints. The couple were immediately sat down with a coffee and in 20 minutes a motor bike messenger appeared with another signed and numbered exactly like the original.He must have thousands of them stashed in a vault in South London.Emin cannot draw yet she is a Professor of Drawing at The Royal Academy ! Hurst is a serial plagiarist of other peoples work and is now worth an estimated £200 million.Modern Art or a load of old cobblers...?
Load of bollox if you ask me PJ !!!!

On the subject of British 'art' - did anyone see the set of 12 'Limited edition' paintings/artworks commissioned for the Olympics...supposedly by Britiain's top artists including Emin......
......they were all pretty shoddy and resembled a primary school wall display of pupils' art ...(actually crap would be a good description ) and certainly showed how bad Tracey Emin is at drawing ! Certainly no Constable's 'Haywain' types among them !!!!
They are worth a look just for the comedy value .....

Hmmmm now I am retired perhaps I will take up art.........

Dread - x

PS - That cancellation is pretty bollox too Pit Bull - commiserations to you - best you go get drunk ...
Old Sep 21st 2012, 8:03 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
I agree absolutely with you about Tracy Emin also Damien Hirst. Didnt think much of the olympic sculpture either, in fact I think it looks awful!!
(I admire Grayson Perry's work, what do others think?)

I really like most of the impressionists' work. I suppose they had to churn out some rubbish to get money.
Somebody was lucky!
Oil painting sold at a golf club auction for £3,700 is identified as a long lost Turner... worth £20MILLION

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz278W8WPyp
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

To read that a really meek.mild and humble gentleman that I met less than a month ago while I was looking at houses has been murdered!!

http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/epapermain.aspx

Also very concerning as immediately adjacent to one of my best friends!

Last edited by msj5; Sep 23rd 2012 at 3:08 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by msj5
To read that a really meek.mild and humble gentleman that I met less than a month ago while I was looking at houses has been murdered!!

http://www.epaperoheraldo.in/epapermain.aspx

Also very concerning as immediately adjacent to one of my best friends!
Terrible !

Dread - x
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:25 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Terrible !

Dread - x
What ................. me off to-day is still not being able to read, and housebound. Keeping everything crossed for November.
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by noni
What ................. me off to-day is still not being able to read, and housebound. Keeping everything crossed for November.
BIG HUGS HUN......... and I'm keeping it all crossed double -

Dread - x
Old Sep 27th 2012, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Shazandaz is an unknown quantity at this point

That Abu Hamza has won another injunction against his deportation order, how many times can someone appeal against a decision??? So for now he stays in the taxpayers hotel. I don't know why he just doesn't sling his hook!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.