Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old Jun 5th 2012, 7:33 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Originally Posted by iain492001
Actually it was yesterday! I was down near the "O" Hotel in Sinquerim to get a few things from Vic-3 Shop.

I spotted a chemist about 4/5 shops along and decided to pop in to buy some Delayed-Release Aspirin which are Rupees 3.75 for a strip of 14 tablets (I've bought before, but not there). The lady asked if I wanted a full box of 25 strips, so after a quick calculation in my head I reckoned this would only cost me less than Rs 100 for nearly a year's supply so I said OK.

She then promptly phoned someone (presumably the owner) and yacked away in Konkani, but they obviously don't have a word for "foreigner", so I picked up on that immediately. She then came back to the counter, phone still at her ear, and tapped out 500 on the calculator. I was speechless and the look on my face must have been thunderous, that she shoved the phone into my hand.

I told him in no uncertain terms that he was a robber and that it was due to people like him that foreign tourists were deserting Goa. He tried to waffle on about "prescriptions", and I just said, "it's only bloody aspirin" and handed the phone back.

That's one shop I'll never go near again!

Did I buy the aspirin? - NO

Did I feel better after my tirade to the owner? - YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Will things ever change? - Doubt it.

Motto - stick to the shops you know.

Have good Bank Holidays those of you back home. Enjoyed the River Pageant on TV - shame about the rain though.

Cheers
Iain
Well done Iain - the toseer obviously needed telling !!
I wish more people would do this when obviously being grossly overcharged

Dread - x
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:01 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Originally Posted by noni
Now I think is the time to tell you all that I had a mega shitty time in Goa last season - we were only there three weeks when my dear husband was taken ill. To cut a long story short we were told by Dr. Dukles to get on the first available flight home. We did Mumbai to our local hospital in under 12 hours where he was diagnosed with AML Leukaemia. He was so brave having two 10 days of intensive Chemo but sadly I lost him last month, am devastated have been with him for nearly 50 years, a fantastic husband, father and friend. I would like to thank BE members who knew us for their support, and those who have pledged their support for when I return to Goa on my own in November. I am also very lucky to have such wonderful Goan friends who will be there for me when I return to the apartment.

Not played on this site in ages, really sorry, chin up if possible.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 3:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

That a high rank police officer could defraud his very recently widowed mother in law of £4000!!
Totally unbelievable. He walked in full uniform complete with medals in front of the hearse and made a speech at the funeral.
He was given a debit card to top-up his father in laws phone who was in hospital having treatment for throat cancer( a totally curable 1) having returned from Goa end of March.Complications set in when a new feeding tube was inserted and damaged the tumour. 3 weeks and a really good friend was dead.
The card had been returned to M in Law but she was obviously totally unaware of online shopping being done by son in law !
Grand daughter picked it up from bank statements and card now cancelled.
He is professing that m in law is confused etc,and no one using card! A truly horrid situation.
What would you do this bastard!

Shes nervous of shopping him cos of her daughter and grandson!

I`ve told her to shop him and get a clean bill of health from her GP!

Last edited by msj5; Jun 29th 2012 at 3:56 pm.
Old Jun 29th 2012, 8:18 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by msj5
That a high rank police officer could defraud his very recently widowed mother in law of £4000!!
Totally unbelievable. He walked in full uniform complete with medals in front of the hearse and made a speech at the funeral.
He was given a debit card to top-up his father in laws phone who was in hospital having treatment for throat cancer( a totally curable 1) having returned from Goa end of March.Complications set in when a new feeding tube was inserted and damaged the tumour. 3 weeks and a really good friend was dead.
The card had been returned to M in Law but she was obviously totally unaware of online shopping being done by son in law !
He is professing that m in law is confused etc,and no one using card! A truly horrid situation.

How awful for her - the stress of loosing her loved one is bad enough without this bastad ripping her off. I am so thankful for my friends, both on here, at home, and friends from the shack without them I would not have been able to cope. This is the third person I have heard of this season returning from Goa (or being sent home) and passing away with Cancer.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:11 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

My advice would be for her to identify which police force cover here area and contact their local switchboard. Ask to be put through to the INTEGRITY UNIT. If they sayn they do not have an integrity unit, ask to be put through to the PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS Department.
Your friend can ask to see one of this tea face to face in a covert location without anyone else knowing. Furthermore they investigate police officers and have numerous investigatory methods at their disposal (including Covert and covert financial) where it need never be known that your friend was the one to report it.
This Police officer is scum - and most other police officers would agree with this about a colleague who steals from a vulnerable person.
One thing your friend needs to know (which I hope will give her the confidence to report the matter) is that the Professional Standards and Integrity Units exist to deal with police officers who do wrong (and they don't cover up for those who do do wrong).

Dread - x
Old Jul 1st 2012, 7:27 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

What ________ me off to=day.

BLOODY FOOTBALL! and the weather.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
My advice would be for her to identify which police force cover here area and contact their local switchboard. Ask to be put through to the INTEGRITY UNIT. If they sayn they do not have an integrity unit, ask to be put through to the PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS Department.
Your friend can ask to see one of this tea face to face in a covert location without anyone else knowing. Furthermore they investigate police officers and have numerous investigatory methods at their disposal (including Covert and covert financial) where it need never be known that your friend was the one to report it.
This Police officer is scum - and most other police officers would agree with this about a colleague who steals from a vulnerable person.
One thing your friend needs to know (which I hope will give her the confidence to report the matter) is that the Professional Standards and Integrity Units exist to deal with police officers who do wrong (and they don't cover up for those who do do wrong).

Dread - x
Thanks for that Dread.
I`ve passed it on to her Grand daugther who is trying to sort all this out.
I believe shes seeing a solicitor today.

J
Old Jul 12th 2012, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yesterday actually but been working today!

The fact that my internet and telephone had been down for 3 days.
Despite numerous phone calls and visits to tel exch .
Had cancelled work 3 days on the trot to be here as thought ladder needed to repair broken cable.
Eventually 2 linesmen turn up...cable not broken -just down....check the 3 joints up to my house.... all ok.
Can you believe my embarrasement when it was discovered to be a cable chewed thro in my lounge by my resident bandicoot who has been evicted from various other locations in my house and obviously decided to get it is revenge!!

Its serious war now between me and this b******d!
Old Jul 12th 2012, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Got a call a couple of days ago to say that phone and broadband is down in Aldona - someone's nicked the cables, third time this year.
Copper is at at world high, same thing happened in Cheshire our near neighbours were on three-phase overhead lines over two fields and these were nicked, about £2,000 worth. They've been replaced with aluminium (but you can't do this for phone lines or the broadband won't work).

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

Yesterday actually but been working today!

The fact that my internet and telephone had been down for 3 days.
Despite numerous phone calls and visits to tel exch .
Had cancelled work 3 days on the trot to be here as thought ladder needed to repair broken cable.
Eventually 2 linesmen turn up...cable not broken -just down....check the 3 joints up to my house.... all ok.
Can you believe my embarrasement when it was discovered to be a cable chewed thro in my lounge by my resident bandicoot who has been evicted from various other locations in my house and obviously decided to get it is revenge!!

Its serious war now between me and this b******d!
Get a snake?
Old Jul 13th 2012, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Get a snake?

My dogs catch and kill the snakes!!

Wish they`d do the same to Mrs Bandicoot!
Old Jul 13th 2012, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

Chameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really niceChameleons is just really nice

My dogs catch and kill the snakes!!

Wish they`d do the same to Mrs Bandicoot!
Cat? Probably not big enough!
Old Jul 13th 2012, 5:42 am

The good old English Summer - whatever that is.
Going camping to-day, wellies at the ready together with waterproofs, a good book and plenty of
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Chameleons
Cat? Probably not big enough!
Dogs killed a cat that came into the garden last week.

Must have been a stray as the local kitty`s know better!
Old Jul 13th 2012, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Dogs killed a cat that came into the garden last week.

Must have been a stray as the local kitty`s know better!
OH suggests the bandicoot wallah!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.