Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Old May 29th 2012, 3:37 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WHAT ****** YOU OFF TO-DAY.

Too busy to go to the beach to-day, when the sun is shining. Perhaps tomorrow.
Old May 29th 2012, 9:32 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Now I think is the time to tell you all that I had a mega shitty time in Goa last season - we were only there three weeks when my dear husband was taken ill. To cut a long story short we were told by Dr. Dukles to get on the first available flight home. We did Mumbai to our local hospital in under 12 hours where he was diagnosed with AML Leukaemia. He was so brave having two 10 days of intensive Chemo but sadly I lost him last month, am devastated have been with him for nearly 50 years, a fantastic husband, father and friend. I would like to thank BE members who knew us for their support, and those who have pledged their support for when I return to Goa on my own in November. I am also very lucky to have such wonderful Goan friends who will be there for me when I return to the apartment.

Last edited by noni; May 29th 2012 at 9:35 pm.
Old May 30th 2012, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

prestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond reputeprestonjohn has a reputation beyond repute

My deepest heartfelt sympathy for your loss.Also a damn good endorsement of Dr. Dukles diagnostic abilities.
Old May 30th 2012, 8:32 am

That is why I have been praising Dr. Dukles, he was so kind, and up until OH passed away would occassionally email me to ask how he was. He always had time to speak to my daughters and to send test results to them.
I cannot speak to highly of him and his hospital.

Thanks everyone for your emails.
Old May 30th 2012, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

davidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nicedavidhendry is just really nice

Noni,
I'm so very sorry to read this.
Davie.
Old May 30th 2012, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud ofwheatsheaf has much to be proud of

My sincere condolences on this very sad news. You have seen through some tough times and if you have done so in Goa, you can do so anywhere.
Old May 30th 2012, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Noni, we have never met but I feel I know you from reading your posts on BE. I am very sorry to hear that you have suffered the loss of your husband. My sister died from Leukaemia some five years ago at the age of 49. She was a Goa lover also. Her Leukaemia was CLL and people can live with it for up to 20 year but for her it was not to be and she died within 2 years of it being diagnosed. You had a much shorter time with your Husband after he was diagnosed which is a terrible shame. My sympathies and best wishes to you.
Old May 31st 2012, 8:58 am
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

There is a total bandh (strike) all over Goa today and I believe all India in protest of the fuel price increase.

No shops open,no bars, no buses, no taxis and to cap it all NO electricity since 8 am this morning.

Old May 31st 2012, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by msj5
There is a total bandh (strike) all over Goa today and I believe all India in protest of the fuel price increase.

No shops open,no bars, no buses, no taxis and to cap it all NO electricity since 8 am this morning.

Hope you are stocked up with your favorite tipple and don't mind it warm!
Old May 31st 2012, 12:38 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Only one word to describe that situation - Bollox !!!!

Dread - x
Old May 31st 2012, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

jcbrum is an unknown quantity at this point

It was mainly the cities here in the south that were affected,but all the local shops/bars etc were open.

John
Old May 31st 2012, 5:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by k800mer
Hope you are stocked up with your favorite tipple and don't mind it warm!
Got a separate fridge for beer and dog food.....stayed closed all day so beer still chilled for 5eer o`clock!!!

Old May 31st 2012, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Got a separate fridge for beer and dog food.....stayed closed all day so beer still chilled for 5eer o`clock!!!

Poor dog had to wait all day for his dinner!
Old May 31st 2012, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by k800mer
Poor dog had to wait all day for his dinner!
Saying goodbye to BE's celebrity gardener, and his little mate He took the sunshine with him. Had a fab week.
Have 24 hours before the next three guests arrive - other friends from Candolim.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 4:04 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Actually it was yesterday! I was down near the "O" Hotel in Sinquerim to get a few things from Vic-3 Shop.

I spotted a chemist about 4/5 shops along and decided to pop in to buy some Delayed-Release Aspirin which are Rupees 3.75 for a strip of 14 tablets (I've bought before, but not there). The lady asked if I wanted a full box of 25 strips, so after a quick calculation in my head I reckoned this would only cost me less than Rs 100 for nearly a year's supply so I said OK.

She then promptly phoned someone (presumably the owner) and yacked away in Konkani, but they obviously don't have a word for "foreigner", so I picked up on that immediately. She then came back to the counter, phone still at her ear, and tapped out 500 on the calculator. I was speechless and the look on my face must have been thunderous, that she shoved the phone into my hand.

I told him in no uncertain terms that he was a robber and that it was due to people like him that foreign tourists were deserting Goa. He tried to waffle on about "prescriptions", and I just said, "it's only bloody aspirin" and handed the phone back.

That's one shop I'll never go near again!

Did I buy the aspirin? - NO

Did I feel better after my tirade to the owner? - YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS

Will things ever change? - Doubt it.

Motto - stick to the shops you know.

Have good Bank Holidays those of you back home. Enjoyed the River Pageant on TV - shame about the rain though.

Cheers
Iain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.