Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
ok - viewer just left (just her today rather than her whole family )
the questions she asked today were actually less worrying than the ones she asked yesterday!

when i actually got a chance to talk to her today it turns out she is looking to buy for her son and DIL and she said she is very interested and will go and have a chat with them and get back to the EA
she really is a cash buyer - and was hoping to be sorted before christmas.

... just waiting for the call from the EA now - i wonder what she is going to offer - she knows we want out asap but she also knows we will rent if we dont sell.
fingers (and everything else) crossed that it is not a daft offer - i would hate to have to turn her down
Sounds VERY promising. If she is a genuine cash buyer, she will be pleased you're not in a chain. Obviously, she has you over a barrel, but you have made it clear that you will rent the house out, so she has to make a fairly decent offer. It's difficult, but if she does make a low offer, refuse and suggest a figure which you would accept. If she sticks to her guns, then you know she is serious and not just trying to pull a fast one. (I always offer a bit less than I would actually pay so that I have room to manoeuvre upwards - if I need to - but not all people work like this. ) If she sticks to her guns, you have to decide whether to take the offer or not.....

Fingers crossed she makes an offer soon and puts you out of your misery!! I can't send you any more K's - it won't let me, but here's some virtual ones.
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:49 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sounds VERY promising. If she is a genuine cash buyer, she will be pleased you're not in a chain. Obviously, she has you over a barrel, but you have made it clear that you will rent the house out, so she has to make a fairly decent offer. It's difficult, but if she does make a low offer, refuse and suggest a figure which you would accept. If she sticks to her guns, then you know she is serious and not just trying to pull a fast one. (I always offer a bit less than I would actually pay so that I have room to manoeuvre upwards - if I need to - but not all people work like this. ) If she sticks to her guns, you have to decide whether to take the offer or not.....

Fingers crossed she makes an offer soon and puts you out of your misery!! I can't send you any more K's - it won't let me, but here's some virtual ones.
i am being very careful to not get my hopes up
and either way i am still going to pursue the renting option just in case.

i agree with the haggling - start low so you have room to bargain - i once bought a £1200 car for £850 because i started low and the seller accepted my first offer it was a great little car too (until someone ran into the side of me and wrote it off )
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

I just had a call from EA!!! Apparently viewer forgot she had booked....

Second time she has messed me around so I have told the EA to tell her not to make another appointment:curse:

Never mind - I've got a clean house for the weekend and friends who will sympathise!!!!!

Lau x
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:58 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy

Second time she has messed me around so I have told the EA to tell her not to make another appointment:curse:

Never mind - I've got a clean house for the weekend and friends who will sympathise!!!!!

Lau x
oh that is bloody annoying :curse:
i am getting more and more fed up with people in general the longer i spend trying to sell my house

i absolutely agree you dont want her to make another appointment - can you imagine trying to sell to her? you would be really worried as to wether she remember to turn up to sign the contract
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

oh that is bloody annoying :curse:
i am getting more and more fed up with people in general the longer i spend trying to sell my house

i absolutely agree you dont want her to make another appointment - can you imagine trying to sell to her? you would be really worried as to wether she remember to turn up to sign the contract
I hate people who waste my time...

If you don't want to view - bl&&dy say so!!!

Lau x
Old Oct 26th 2007, 1:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Lau x
OMG! What a stupid person. :curse::curse: Obviously not serious about buying. I know what hard work it is to get a house ready for a viewing though, so the flamin EA could have let you know before. (Our first EA once rang 15 mins before the viewing to cancel because they couldn't make it - not the viewer, but the EA!!!)

Hope you have a good weekend in your clean house!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG! What a stupid person. :curse::curse: Obviously not serious about buying. I know what hard work it is to get a house ready for a viewing though, so the flamin EA could have let you know before. (Our first EA once rang 15 mins before the viewing to cancel because they couldn't make it - not the viewer, but the EA!!!)

Hope you have a good weekend in your clean house!
We had that happen before - we carried out the viewing... Just what we are paying them for I sometimes wonder

Lau x
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i am being very careful to not get my hopes up
and either way i am still going to pursue the renting option just in case.

i agree with the haggling - start low so you have room to bargain - i once bought a £1200 car for £850 because i started low and the seller accepted my first offer it was a great little car too (until someone ran into the side of me and wrote it off )

I think you're wise not to count your chickens and look into the renting option. It's hard not to get your hopes up though.

You got a great deal on that car. Hope you remember that if she makes a low offer! Fingers crossed for some news soon!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I think you're wise not to count your chickens and look into the renting option. It's hard not to get your hopes up though.

You got a great deal on that car. Hope you remember that if she makes a low offer! Fingers crossed for some news soon!
Good sound advice as always....

Lau x
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We had that happen before - we carried out the viewing... Just what we are paying them for I sometimes wonder

Lau x
Ours wouldn't let us do the viewing without them! (Scared we would strike a deal I think!) However, I knew the people who wanted to view through a mutual friend, so I got them to come round anyway. LOL. They made us an offer, which I wish we'd accepted now - but the house had only been on the market 2 weeks and the market was buoyant at the time. You live and learn!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:16 am
sneaking a peek ...

Ours wouldn't let us do the viewing without them! (Scared we would strike a deal I think!) However, I knew the people who wanted to view through a mutual friend, so I got them to come round anyway. LOL. They made us an offer, which I wish we'd accepted now - but the house had only been on the market 2 weeks and the market was buoyant at the time. You live and learn!
the advantage of hindsight ...
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They bought yet???

Lau x
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yup - wish I had foresight!

They bought yet???

Lau x
Don't know, rang them up, (got the number off the mutual friend) and left a message when we dropped the price. can't really do much more than that without stalking them! LOL!
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Oh Tiggs I have everything crossed for you, I hope this is the one and a decent offer
Old Oct 26th 2007, 2:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Question for you all:

Do you think that I should drop the price of mine to £200k for quick sale or ride it out????

What would you do???

Lau x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.