Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller

Whinging Pom House seller

Old May 21st 2008, 7:16 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Well, I'm half Dutch, quarter English, quarter Welsh actually. But I live in Wales. Born and brought up in Brum. Definately not going back there!
I am half Cornish, quarter Scottish, quarter English. Born in London and live in Herts. Don't want to live in any of them
Old May 21st 2008, 7:53 am
Handsome Internet Guy

Icarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond reputeIcarus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capo
I'm not sure it's about pricing correctly like the rest of the market for similar houses in your area.

When owners followed the 5% cuts given by similar sellers in their area, it was those who reduced by 10% or 12% that had a better chance of selling their homes. That's what my EA is telling me. It's not nice to hear I agree but I can see the logic in it - especially if they got out, and now people are having to discount 15% or more.

If you don't stand out as a better opportunity to buyers amongst the rest, and just continue to cut gradually by following the main market every 3 to 6 months, it's possible you might be strapped in all the way to whatever level the market reaches, - unless it the market recovers, in which case you might lose out on a few percent.

The problem with property is "what it's worth" is actually illiquid worth, not real money and any increases over the years are not real gains, until it's sold and banked in to liquidity.
troll like tendances....... hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old May 21st 2008, 9:15 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm half Dutch, quarter English, quarter Welsh actually. But I live in Wales. Born and brought up in Brum.
Originally Posted by nickywes
I am half Cornish, quarter Scottish, quarter English. Born in London and live in Herts.
Bloody foreigners! No wonder the country's in the state it's in!

Moving tomorrow & STILL hardly anything packed. Pulled a muscle in my shoulder lifting an overfilled box.... the Divine&Delectable OH is working a long day tomorrow & the removals arrive at 8.... oh & I've got the girls & the mutt.

Happy happy, joy joy
Old May 21st 2008, 10:11 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icarus
Why do they keep bothering us? Haven't we got enough to deal with?

Note that he/she doesn't reply.
Old May 21st 2008, 10:13 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Bloody foreigners! No wonder the country's in the state it's in!

Moving tomorrow & STILL hardly anything packed. Pulled a muscle in my shoulder lifting an overfilled box.... the Divine&Delectable OH is working a long day tomorrow & the removals arrive at 8.... oh & I've got the girls & the mutt.

Happy happy, joy joy
Sounds like you've got quite a day ahead of you. Good luck and hopefully OH's isn't too long.
Old May 21st 2008, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Icarus
Well I won't bother with this thread again - sorry if you've taken it the wrong way. Didn't respond sooner as was watching the match with family.

We've been on for £10,000 below a couple of houses on road around the corner and things seem to be in motion to complete. No one wants to lose money but it's worth it to us. That's all I meant.

It's not easy to sell and I'm sorry if I was bluntish, but the principle is sound in my opinion, of undercutting general market rather than following and matching general area falls slowly. Think like a buyer and that's going for best value. Good luck to you all. >> I won't return to this thread <<
Old May 21st 2008, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

sammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond reputesammyg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by capo
Well I won't bother with this thread again - sorry if you've taken it the wrong way. Didn't respond sooner as was watching the match with family.

We've been on for £10,000 below a couple of houses on road around the corner and things seem to be in motion to complete. No one wants to lose money but it's worth it to us. That's all I meant.

It's not easy to sell and I'm sorry if I was bluntish, but the principle is sound in my opinion, of undercutting general market rather than following and matching general area falls slowly. Think like a buyer and that's going for best value. Good luck to you all. >> I won't return to this thread <<
i agree with you - fact is it's an emotive subject but we reduced and we sold - dropped ours from 290 to 270 and only when people believe they're getting a bargain will they look at your property - in the current climate.

We got 270k for ours in the end but the surveyor only valued it at 260k - luckily our buyer knew this was bollox and found the extra 10k himself

i know many have reduced and still not sold, but at least you are more likely to, you could be stuck in the Uk forever if you want last years price for your house
Old May 21st 2008, 6:59 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=JenniGee;6377258]Bloody foreigners! No wonder the country's in the state it's in!

Ha ha very funny Good luck with the move.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:47 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Just found this site to value your home here

Put my house details in and it's current market value came back as £186,747

Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMG!!! I have another offer on the house.............

I also have a massive dilemma....................

The new offer is from a couple who have sold to their neighbour. They want to complete in July. BUT the offer is £40k under the figure which is on the table from the private sale. The private sale isn't definate. It is dependant on the guy's finances and we won't know until next week. It is however, chain free. What the hell do I do????

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the OH - came straight on here.

Last edited by Fly Away; May 21st 2008 at 10:24 pm.
Old May 21st 2008, 9:03 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

The new offer is from a couple who have sold to their neighbour. They want to complete in July. BUT the offer is £40k under the figure which is on the table from the private sale. The private sale isn't definate. It is dependant on the guy's finances and we won't know until next week. It is however, chain free. What the hell do I do????

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the EA - came straight on here.
OOOooooooooohhhhhhh...........very excited for you FA
All of these double offers coming in!!!!! I feel there is hope out there
I'm sure you will be doing your figures over and over and will go with the best offer in the end!!!
Well done hun
Beth x x
Old May 21st 2008, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Just found this site to value your home here

Put my house details in and it's current market value came back as £186,747

Beth x x
Is that a good or a bad ?

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

johull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to alljohull is a name known to all

Sounds like you'll be better prepared this time. What a nightmare. The transition bit, is the bit that worries me. I hope that this time, you can remember that the bad bits were temporary.

Are you going back to the Gold Coast?
Hi

Yes, we are going back to the Gold Coast. We lived in Robina last time, this time I think we may move to Mudgereeba or Currumbin. Hubby wants to build this time, so Mudgereeba may be more likely.

We have our viewers coming back for another look on Friday night. Dave said they sounded keen so fingers crossed !!!! I am trying not to get excited as they havent even put theirs on the market but keep thinking - what if they have loads of money - inheritance etc!!! Then think STOP IT!!!!! This is what happens when you have only 2 viewers in 7 months!!!!

All my friends over there are getting giddy too so fingers crossed that they love it as much - just hope the sun shines, when it does its stunning, when its peeing it down and dark grey its quite bleak!!

I hope everyone settles in once they get there. I was desperate to get there in 2005. I think it hit me all of a sudden - thinks I thought I could deal with. Sometimes when you have been there a while it kind of hits you how far away from everyone you love. A friend I met there came back last January - they are off back to Gold Coast in August. They didnt have a house to sell as had rented once they got back so not stuck here!!!! She was the same as me, family especially. She had 2 grown up children here that she thought she was missing out on. Since she has been back she realises they have their own lives and she will prob spend more quality time with them in Oz. Said if either of us gets the same again we have to slap each other!!!!
Old May 21st 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

I have told the EA we will get back to them tomorrow - which gives us time to think. Haven't even told the EA - came straight on here.

Mmmmm, difficult one!

Can you go back to the guy with the private offer and explain the situation to him and see if he can give a definite yeah or ney?

My gut instinct would be to go with the simplest buyer, ie no chain, already sold etc

Sam
Old May 21st 2008, 9:09 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Is that a good or a bad ?

Sam
It seems a bit high.......as EA told me it should be about £165k now.........but I'm not going to complain if the online valuation came up as more!!!! Looks like a bargain then
Beth x x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.