Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:02 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Looking forward to it!

Have you got a text from Lau yet??? The silly billy.
nah she spoke to my OH an we are gonna meet up
much better

I'm getting all excited now whooohooo
Old Dec 30th 2007, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
nah she spoke to my OH an we are gonna meet up
much better

I'm getting all excited now whooohooo
I am excited too
Old Dec 30th 2007, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
I am excited too
Asher,

Just wanted to say thank you for today!!! We had a lovely time!!

I can't believe all those things for the kids were on my doorstep and I have been traipsing them miles to find things to do

Will catch up with you in the week.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! Hope you enjoy the party at your friends....

Take care,

Lau x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Asher,

I can't believe all those things for the kids were on my doorstep and I have been traipsing them miles to find things to do

Take care,

Lau x
Great to hear that you guys were able to meet up

Hope all is well Asher & Reedy & that you had a great new Years Eve!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Great to hear that you guys were able to meet up

Hope all is well Asher & Reedy & that you had a great new Years Eve!
Its lovely isn't it?? I bet they had a great time.

Happy New Year both!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Its lovely isn't it?? I bet they had a great time.

Happy New Year both!
HAPPY NEW YEAR to you guys too - hope 2008 brings you much happiness and only good fortune!!!!

I hope you all are doing something fab to celebrate!!!

Yeah we had a lovely time yesterday - we had a nice chat, walked the harbour and went to watch a didgeridoo show! The guy playing was gorgeous so I might well go back there today!!! The kids had a fab time playing in the water, going on trampolines etc!

Would you believe that my sun burn is still quite red...I think I am going to have to buy a hat as my hairline is burnt and it kills when I brush my hair!!!

Don't get me started about my hair - it is wildly curly and uncontrollable. It is hardly ever dry here - I dried it with a hairdryer and straightened it last night - what a mistake, I was hot and bothered and by the time I had finished was sweating like mad and my hair was curly again!!!! I think the natural look is the way to go - not that I have any choice in the matter!

I wore a dress down the harbour and felt really overdressed!!!!! Everyone was really casual in jeans and stuff - oops....... Strange not dressing up at NYE!

Love to you both,

Lau x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lau,

Great to hear you had such a fab time!

Looks like you will be wearing hat and having curly hair in Oz! My hair isn't as curly as yours, but I have given up straightening it over there too - Instead I look like Shirley Temple.

Hope you felt amazing standing in Sydney watching the fireworks - must have been a bit of a moment! Who cares if you were over dressed!

Take care and all the best for 2008 - may it be the year that your life takes off!
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Lau,

Great to hear you had such a fab time!

Looks like you will be wearing hat and having curly hair in Oz! My hair isn't as curly as yours, but I have given up straightening it over there too - Instead I look like Shirley Temple.

Hope you felt amazing standing in Sydney watching the fireworks - must have been a bit of a moment! Who cares if you were over dressed!

Take care and all the best for 2008 - may it be the year that your life takes off!

Thanks honey

Feel like breaking into song now:

"I'm Shirley Temple, the girl with curly hair........"

Will help the condition of my hair I guess - the sun will no doubt dry it out enough!!!

Can't believe I am going all sensible considering wearing a hat!!! I guess there is a bonus in that it will hide my face

Lau x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:44 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Asher,

Take care,

Lau x
Now that was a bloody great idea
Happy New Year
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Now that was a bloody great idea
Happy New Year
Happy New Year to you too!!! You very Welsh nice man

Lau xx
Old Dec 31st 2007, 7:53 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year to you too!!! You very Welsh nice man

Lau xx
You did mention the harbour. I take it to be Darling Harbour ? It's lovely there, me and the wife went for brekkie there a few weeks ago on a sunday morning. Got up and didnt fancy cooking so drove 170km to have brekkie (one way).
Old Dec 31st 2007, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
You did mention the harbour. I take it to be Darling Harbour ? It's lovely there, me and the wife went for brekkie there a few weeks ago on a sunday morning. Got up and didnt fancy cooking so drove 170km to have brekkie (one way).
Yes it is Darling Harbour - it is lovely!!

170km to have breakfast you must've been well hungry by the time you got here!

Am taking the kids to the Aquarium today - they haven't been there yet.....

We are going to get breakfast ourselves over there in a minute but we only have a 5 minute walk...

TTFN,

L x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:32 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Reedy

we did have a good time didn't we the photos of Didge man turned out ok so you can have one as a pin up

The party was awesome we were in Kirribillee right near the bridge but far away enough to have a fab view and right on the waters edge!

I love the harbour, that chinese garden is beautiful as well not sure the kids would appreciate it tho!!

I had to walk over the darn bridge to get home tho the amount of people was amazing, was a bit shocked at the amount of rubbish in the streets!!

have been watching the drunks struggle home this am out of our window
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
Hi Reedy

we did have a good time didn't we the photos of Didge man turned out ok so you can have one as a pin up

The party was awesome we were in Kirribillee right near the bridge but far away enough to have a fab view and right on the waters edge!

I love the harbour, that chinese garden is beautiful as well not sure the kids would appreciate it tho!!

I had to walk over the darn bridge to get home tho the amount of people was amazing, was a bit shocked at the amount of rubbish in the streets!!

have been watching the drunks struggle home this am out of our window
You can gift wrap the photo instead then

It is strange you should say about the rubbish as we were quite shocked this morning that Darling harbour is so clean.... In Cardiff the day after an event you are literally wading through the rubbish - they put bins out but noone seems to use them!!!

Have been to the aquarium with the kids and did the glass bottom boat ride in the shark enclosure!! The kids loved it My hands stink of fish food though :Yuck: (wish they had a yuck smilie!!!)....

Have brought them back to the room until after 3pm as I am not risking burning again The line of my tankini top on my chest is red raw (Ouch and double ouch!!!!) and the same on my back... I have another dress on today which covers all my sensitive bits - I don't think I will be exposing them for a while - my cleavage is in hiding....

How are you feeling today? Not too tired I hope...

Laux
Old Dec 31st 2007, 12:00 pm

You can gift wrap the photo instead then

It is strange you should say about the rubbish as we were quite shocked this morning that Darling harbour is so clean.... In Cardiff the day after an event you are literally wading through the rubbish - they put bins out but noone seems to use them!!!

Have been to the aquarium with the kids and did the glass bottom boat ride in the shark enclosure!! The kids loved it My hands stink of fish food though :Yuck: (wish they had a yuck smilie!!!)....

Have brought them back to the room until after 3pm as I am not risking burning again The line of my tankini top on my chest is red raw (Ouch and double ouch!!!!) and the same on my back... I have another dress on today which covers all my sensitive bits - I don't think I will be exposing them for a while - my cleavage is in hiding....

How are you feeling today? Not too tired I hope...

Laux
Hi
glad you had a good time,
I'm completely knackered having a day in bed as we had to walk back over the bridge and up to Martins place to get the train and it nearly killed me!!

stay out of the sun you know the rules slip slap slop, I hate hats but have learnt to wear mine now or pay the price

Have a good day an good luck for tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.