Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Night night, sweet dreams xx
G'night to you too Mandy!
Sleep well!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Goodnight all - it's very late here.

Have fun.

xxx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Goodnight all - it's very late here.

Have fun.

xxx
Night sweetie!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
where are you/
Darling harbour!!!!

Lost your mobile no - I know I am useless you will have to resend!!!

I will come and see you then - you don't know what you are letting youself in for though!!!

Guess who is sunburnt???? Famous last words hey - I don't burn easilyOuch!!!

L xx

Last edited by Reedy; Dec 29th 2007 at 4:50 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 8:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Darling harbour!!!!

Lost your mobile no - I know I am useless you will have to resend!!!

I will come and see you then - you don't know what you are letting youself in for though!!!

Guess who is sunburnt???? Famous last words hey - I don't burn easilyOuch!!!

L xx
Oh No! Sorry, do you mind if I have a chuckle at the irony rather than the pain. NEVER say that on BE again or you might get sunburnt again.

Hope you can find Asher!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh No! Sorry, do you mind if I have a chuckle at the irony rather than the pain. NEVER say that on BE again or you might get sunburnt again.

Hope you can find Asher!
I knew it would raise a merry chuckle or two! I don't mind if you laugh at my expense you know.

Burning hot shoulders x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I knew it would raise a merry chuckle or two! I don't mind if you laugh at my expense you know.

Burning hot shoulders x
Sorry Lau!

Good thing is, you found this out now. You'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Those sun tops for adults are good you know......

What did you do today? Did you find a rental?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry Lau!

Good thing is, you found this out now. You'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Those sun tops for adults are good you know......

What did you do today? Did you find a rental?
Nah - went to the beach again

Kids like Manly Wharf better as it is quieter than the beach! Problem is I was in the sea at mid day! I did tell Lydia I was burning and she was like "Mum, you never spend time with us when you are working! Please don't get out of the sea!!!"

Poor kid feels really guilty now - but not guilty enough to not laugh at my pain and anguish

I am wearing a shirt tomorrow for sure!!!!

The irony is I was actually wearing factor 30 sun cream - sometimes when we go the Carribean I only wear factor 8 and by the end of the hols I sometimes wear factor 2 or even nothing I know I am stupid - Mad Dogs and Englishmen hey? (Good thing we are Welsh Nic!)

You won't believe how many people are stopping me and the kids and asking where we are from! My accent must sound so strange out here! Someone thought I was a Scouser today - Hyw was really offended, as he is a Man Utd Fan and he was wearing a Cardiff City Kit which really should have given it away!

Lau x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Lau,

The strength of the sun out there is amazing isn't it? In the sea it is stronger because it reflects off the water too. Hopefully you will go brown where you have burnt and will give you a bit more protection in future.

Glad you like Manly - don't tell anyone about it though, don't want any more tourists there.

Had to laugh at the accent thing. Maybe they thought the football strip was Liverpool... Scouse does have an element of Welsh in it you know! (When I lived there, I often heard people speaking Welsh in the street.) Mind you Ozzies wouldn't know that. I wonder how long it'll be before the kids get an Aussie twang?? A Welsh Aussie twang...

Glad to hear that you are having fun though!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Lau,

The strength of the sun out there is amazing isn't it? In the sea it is stronger because it reflects off the water too. Hopefully you will go brown where you have burnt and will give you a bit more protection in future.

Glad you like Manly - don't tell anyone about it though, don't want any more tourists there.

Had to laugh at the accent thing. Maybe they thought the football strip was Liverpool... Scouse does have an element of Welsh in it you know! (When I lived there, I often heard people speaking Welsh in the street.) Mind you Ozzies wouldn't know that. I wonder how long it'll be before the kids get an Aussie twang?? A Welsh Aussie twang...

Glad to hear that you are having fun though!
Give them a fortnight once they are in school and I am sure they will have the accent! Kids tend to pick them up to fit in don't they? Do you think I will lose mine? I don't think I have that strong an accent

Yeah sunburn will go brown soon enough.......

It is worse that I knew I was burning and did nothing about it hey? I walked back with a welsh towel strewn over my shoulders - people probably thought I was madly patriotic Little did they realise I am just MAD!!!

L x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Give them a fortnight once they are in school and I am sure they will have the accent! Kids tend to pick them up to fit in don't they? Do you think I will lose mine? I don't think I have that strong an accent

Yeah sunburn will go brown soon enough.......

It is worse that I knew I was burning and did nothing about it hey? I walked back with a welsh towel strewn over my shoulders - people probably thought I was madly patriotic Little did they realise I am just MAD!!!

L x
LOL. Thank God for the Welsh flag.

Yup, the kids'll have the accent soon enough. Then they'll start taking the p out of your accent. Little darlings that kids are.

It's hard for me to tell - as I don't actually 'hear' the Welsh accent anymore, but I think you have a middle of the road Welsh accent. Not strong, but it's the way sentences are constructed and intonation more than actual words that give a Welshie away! You might lose it slowly - it'll be fun finding out.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL. Thank God for the Welsh flag.

Yup, the kids'll have the accent soon enough. Then they'll start taking the p out of your accent. Little darlings that kids are.

It's hard for me to tell - as I don't actually 'hear' the Welsh accent anymore, but I think you have a middle of the road Welsh accent. Not strong, but it's the way sentences are constructed and intonation more than actual words that give a Welshie away! You might lose it slowly - it'll be fun finding out.
I guess I tend to sing not speak as Welsh people do - I do take care over word pronounciation though - my dad was so strict about it, I don't notice until it is pointed out!!!

L x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I guess I tend to sing not speak as Welsh people do - I do take care over word pronounciation though - my dad was so strict about it, I don't notice until it is pointed out!!!

L x
That explains why you have been asked where you are from a lot - you've been singing in the street again!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That explains why you have been asked where you are from a lot - you've been singing in the street again!
I sing all the time, happy jolly soul that I am

I think I sound fantastic too....

Actually we were singing in the sea today and doing action games with the kids, did get some strange looks and had plenty of space to our selves.....

One of our favourites:

Our parlour wanted papering,
And Pa says it was waste
To call a paperhanger in,
And so he made some paste.
He bought some rolls of paper,
Got a ladder and a brush
And with my mummy's nightgown on,
At it he made a rush.

Chorus:
When Father papered the parlour
You couldn't see him for paste
Dabbing it here! dabbing it there!
Paste and paper everywhere
Mother was stuck to the ceiling
The children stuck to the floor
I never knew a blooming family
So 'stuck up' before.

The pattern was 'blue roses'
with its leaves red, white, and brown;
He'd stuck it wrong way up and now,
we all walk upside down.
And when he trimm'd the edging
off the paper with the shears,
The cat got underneath it,
and dad cut off both its ears.

Chorus:

Soon dad fell down the stairs
and dropp'd his paperhanger's can
On little Henrietta sitting there
with her young man,
The paste stuck them together,
as we thought t'would be for life,
We had to fetch the parson in
to make them man and wife.

Chorus:

We're never going to move away
from that house any more
For Father's gone and stuck the chairs
and table to the floor,
We can't find our piano,
though it's broad and rather tall,
We think that it's behind the paper
Pa stuck on the wall.

Chorus:

Now, Father's sticking in the pub,
through treading in the paste,
And all the family's so upset,
they've all gone pasty faced.
While Pa says, now that Ma has spread
the news from north to south,
He wishes he had dropped a blob
of paste in Mother's mouth.

Can you see why it would have had that effect?

L x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I sing all the time, happy jolly soul that I am

I think I sound fantastic too....

Actually we were singing in the sea today and doing action games with the kids, did get some strange looks and had plenty of space to our selves.....

One of our favourites:

Our parlour wanted papering,
And Pa says it was waste
To call a paperhanger in,
And so he made some paste.
He bought some rolls of paper,
Got a ladder and a brush
And with my mummy's nightgown on,
At it he made a rush.

Chorus:
When Father papered the parlour
You couldn't see him for paste
Dabbing it here! dabbing it there!
Paste and paper everywhere
Mother was stuck to the ceiling
The children stuck to the floor
I never knew a blooming family
So 'stuck up' before.

The pattern was 'blue roses'
with its leaves red, white, and brown;
He'd stuck it wrong way up and now,
we all walk upside down.
And when he trimm'd the edging
off the paper with the shears,
The cat got underneath it,
and dad cut off both its ears.

Chorus:

Soon dad fell down the stairs
and dropp'd his paperhanger's can
On little Henrietta sitting there
with her young man,
The paste stuck them together,
as we thought t'would be for life,
We had to fetch the parson in
to make them man and wife.

Chorus:

We're never going to move away
from that house any more
For Father's gone and stuck the chairs
and table to the floor,
We can't find our piano,
though it's broad and rather tall,
We think that it's behind the paper
Pa stuck on the wall.

Chorus:

Now, Father's sticking in the pub,
through treading in the paste,
And all the family's so upset,
they've all gone pasty faced.
While Pa says, now that Ma has spread
the news from north to south,
He wishes he had dropped a blob
of paste in Mother's mouth.

Can you see why it would have had that effect?

L x
PMSL. My Dad (Welsh!) would sing that to me when I was a kid. I was trying to remember it the other day. I'll have to print it off.

I can now see why you got space all to yourselves in the sea..... I can see Aussies in their droves leaving the beach...

We went to a Welsh wedding a few years ago and the DJ's equipment went 'bang' in the middle of the reception so everyone spent the next 3 hours singing pop songs instead. Bloody good it was. Only in Wales eh??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.