Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL. My Dad (Welsh!) would sing that to me when I was a kid. I was trying to remember it the other day. I'll have to print it off.

I can now see why you got space all to yourselves in the sea..... I can see Aussies in their droves leaving the beach...

We went to a Welsh wedding a few years ago and the DJ's equipment went 'bang' in the middle of the reception so everyone spent the next 3 hours singing pop songs instead. Bloody good it was. Only in Wales eh??
Land of song!!!!

You will have to teach it to your daughter now!

In the Company I have just left they have a facilities day for clients at Xmas where they have guest speakers from places like the Leadership Trust and in the evening they go out for a meal! At the end of the meal they have singing contests on each table.... Problem is they all sing a different song and the end result is very messy.... As you say - only in Wales!!!

They had a male voice choir there this year though and harpist which was lovely

L x
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Land of song!!!!

You will have to teach it to your daughter now!

In the Company I have just left they have a facilities day for clients at Xmas where they have guest speakers from places like the Leadership Trust and in the evening they go out for a meal! At the end of the meal they have singing contests on each table.... Problem is they all sing a different song and the end result is very messy.... As you say - only in Wales!!!

They had a male voice choir there this year though and harpist which was lovely

L x
Hope you're not home sick now!! Just read your replies on another thread and I shall change that to just sick!!

I'm going to have to go and get dressed now. i sat down to have my breckie and I'm still here 2 hours later. Ahh. I have so much to do...

See you soon and have fun
xxx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you're not home sick now!! Just read your replies on another thread and I shall change that to just sick!!

I'm going to have to go and get dressed now. i sat down to have my breckie and I'm still here 2 hours later. Ahh. I have so much to do...

See you soon and have fun
xxx
Nah I am not homesick!!!

I apologise for my leud behaviour it is most unbecoming of me.

Enjoy your breakfast and keep smiling

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 5:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone in?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Anyone in?
Just popped in while I wait for the dinner to cook.

Have you had a good day today?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Just popped in while I wait for the dinner to cook.

Have you had a good day today?
Chilled out! Just cooking dinner too but enjoying a glass of wine & listening to my new Genesis CD!

How about you?
Have you managed to sort out the on-line application yet?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Chilled out! Just cooking dinner too but enjoying a glass of wine & listening to my new Genesis CD!

How about you?
Have you managed to sort out the on-line application yet?
Hi you!!!

I am sitting with a nice cup of tea - trying to wake up properly....

I have been contemplating where I am going to stay after Thursday!

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi you!!!

I am sitting with a nice cup of tea - trying to wake up properly....

I have been contemplating where I am going to stay after Thursday!

Lau x
Can they not extend your stay where you are?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Can they not extend your stay where you are?
I would imagine so!!! I haven't asked yet, I figure that I will sort it out on Weds if I need too.

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would imagine so!!! I haven't asked yet, I figure that I will sort it out on Weds if I need too.

Lau x
I can't believe how laid back you are about everything!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi both!

Yes thanks SC, I sorted the visa application out in the end. I just started a new application from scratch and it was fine.

Now just got to scan a million documents and we're all systems go!

Do you want to stay in the hotel Lau or would you rather move on?
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't believe how laid back you are about everything!
I am always laid back!!! I don't know how to stress - what's the point.... What will be will be!

Also as it is New Year I can't do much until Weds anyhow!

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi both!

Yes thanks SC, I sorted the visa application out in the end. I just started a new application from scratch and it was fine.

Now just got to scan a million documents and we're all systems go!

Do you want to stay in the hotel Lau or would you rather move on?
I'd love to find something a bit more permanent and get the kids settled a bit - also not have to stress about them arguing at 6am

L x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd love to find something a bit more permanent and get the kids settled a bit - also not have to stress about them arguing at 6am

L x
Well, stop enjoying yourself so much and find a flat!

There are 'apartment' hotels which have a kitchen and laundry in the 'room'. That would suit you better - you can have ones with several bedrooms. Don't know how much they cost though.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, stop enjoying yourself so much and find a flat!

There are 'apartment' hotels which have a kitchen and laundry in the 'room'. That would suit you better - you can have ones with several bedrooms. Don't know how much they cost though.
Believe me I am trying - New Year isn't the best time to look for accommodation though N

L xx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.