Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Reedy
Believe me I am trying - New Year isn't the best time to look for accommodation though N

L xx
Too true! Hopefully it will be easier after Tuesday when a lot of the new year tourists head off.
Old Dec 30th 2007, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Too true! Hopefully it will be easier after Tuesday when a lot of the new year tourists head off.
Yeah also will help that on Weds I can pick up my bank cards and should hopefully the money I had transferred on Thurs will have cleared in my account

I will at least be able to take statements to the EA's together with references in the hope that they think I am a decent enough human being to be able to rent one of the few properties that are available for rental!

Is renting in the UK this much hassle? I wouldn't know as I have had a mortgage since I was 18......

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah also will help that on Weds I can pick up my bank cards and should hopefully the money I had transferred on Thurs will have cleared in my account

I will at least be able to take statements to the EA's together with references in the hope that they think I am a decent enough human being to be able to rent one of the few properties that are available for rental!

Is renting in the UK this much hassle? I wouldn't know as I have had a mortgage since I was 18......

Lau x
No, it's not this much hassle! It's down to the individual landlord / agency what info they need. When I get new tenants I usually ask for a reference from their workplace to prove they can pay the rent and that they are, who they say they are and 'interview' them. You can usually spot a nutter a mile off and also weed out ones who want to move their drum kit in too!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not this much hassle! It's down to the individual landlord / agency what info they need. When I get new tenants I usually ask for a reference from their workplace to prove they can pay the rent and that they are, who they say they are and 'interview' them. You can usually spot a nutter a mile off and also weed out ones who want to move their drum kit in too!
Don't know whether I really want the answer to this!!!

Would you let to me???

L x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Don't know whether I really want the answer to this!!!

Would you let to me???

L x

I'd have to make sure that you didn't have any loud musical instruments which would drive the neighbours mad.

Why would you want to rent in Cardiff though??

Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'd have to make sure that you didn't have any loud musical instruments which would drive the neighbours mad.

Why would you want to rent in Cardiff though??

I have 3 kids who would probably induce insanity - might explain my current state of mind.....

Was just putting feelers out just in case I am homeless in Sydney!!!

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:25 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have 3 kids who would probably induce insanity - might explain my current state of mind.....

Was just putting feelers out just in case I am homeless in Sydney!!!

Lau x
you could always rent my place although its a one bed flat as we move out on the 5th jan!!

ok you rotter when did you arrive! and why haven't I had a text yet!!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by asher
you could always rent my place although its a one bed flat as we move out on the 5th jan!!

Hi babe,

Sal sent me your number this morning!! Will give you a ring right now!!!

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL. Lau, beat me to it!

Hope you are good Ash and will update us on your hols soon!

She lost your number and asked you to PM it again!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL. Lau, beat me to it!

Have got her no now as Sal sent this morn!!! Good old Sal xx
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:45 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Have got her no now as Sal sent this morn!!! Good old Sal xx
you daft nit fancy phoning a deaf person!!
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:46 am

LOL. Lau, beat me to it!

if i can get it done before meeting lau I will
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

you daft nit fancy phoning a deaf person!!

I know how dull am I Trevor sounds lovely though!!!

Lx
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good thing you are deaf - or you might get earache with my gassing!!!

Lau x
Old Dec 30th 2007, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Looking forward to it!

Have you got a text from Lau yet??? The silly billy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.