Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 27th 2007, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Reedy
If I can't be good can I be careful?

L xx
No, just take risks!

Hope you are having fun!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 9:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lau,

Glad to hear it's all going well.

Hope you are having loads of fun. Take the kids on the ferry to Manly beach - cheap and fun!
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
No, just take risks!

Hope you are having fun!
You know me - I am risk adverse I am a H&S manager

Have been to the Wildlife world (or whatever in the harbour!)!!! The kids enjoyed it - not sure I am keen on the spiders though

Have come back to the room for a bit - I just had to go buy new toiletries and suncream as they took them off me at Singapore airport. We forgot to check in my bag with all the bits in I was gutted they took my Molton Brown Dry Oil Spray and my Veet hair removal cream. They sell it in Woolworths though so I am happy now.

Need to try and find somewhere more permanent to live now!!!

Speak to you all soon,

Lau xx
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi Lau,

Glad to hear it's all going well.

Hope you are having loads of fun. Take the kids on the ferry to Manly beach - cheap and fun!

Was wondering what we would do tomorrow - this might just be a plan!!

Thanks N,

L xx
Old Dec 27th 2007, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Was wondering what we would do tomorrow - this might just be a plan!!

Thanks N,

L xx
Have fun! Absolutely nothing better than being on a boat in Sydney Harbour on a sunny day!

Glad to hear you have sorted the important things - the toiletries!

Good luck with the interviews!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 5:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You know me - I am risk adverse I am a H&S manager

Have been to the Wildlife world (or whatever in the harbour!)!!! The kids enjoyed it - not sure I am keen on the spiders though

Have come back to the room for a bit - I just had to go buy new toiletries and suncream as they took them off me at Singapore airport. We forgot to check in my bag with all the bits in I was gutted they took my Molton Brown Dry Oil Spray and my Veet hair removal cream. They sell it in Woolworths though so I am happy now.

Need to try and find somewhere more permanent to live now!!!

Speak to you all soon,

Lau xx

Good luck with the house hunting! Are real estate agents open at the mo?
Hope the kids are having a good time!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Good luck with the house hunting! Are real estate agents open at the mo?
Hope the kids are having a good time!
Kids are loving it!!!

Estate agents are open but will be closed New Year's Eve and New Year's Day....

I have contacted a few with some enquiries and am trying to make appointment to view some properties....

Next thing is to sort out Tax File Reference.... I can do this online but need an address so I guess I will have to do it once I have found somewhere more permanent to live!

If I can't find anywhere this week I will probably extend my stay at the hotel for a few more nights.

Today is the real estate pages in the Sydney Herald - I have been online and viewed the properties in the areas I am interested in and sent emails to the EA's... I will try phoning them later too....

First impressions of Sydney - positive!!! The people are really friendly and helpful!

Catch you later,

Laura x
Old Dec 28th 2007, 6:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow - you're doing well Lau! I'm sure it won't take too long to find somewhere to live.

Hope you're having fun too.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 7:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wow - you're doing well Lau! I'm sure it won't take too long to find somewhere to live.

Hope you're having fun too.
Yeah - heap loads the kids and I haven't stopped laughing!!!!

Am taking your advice and taking them to Manly today - I have to try and find the train station which will probably raise a few more chuckles out of them!!!!

Went on the monorail yesterday and tried to walk out through the entrance to get out - kids were buckled with laughter..... Dear me - didn't even have the excuse that the signs were foreign......

Off to breakfast then to the beach...

Catch you later

Lau xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah - heap loads the kids and I haven't stopped laughing!!!!

Am taking your advice and taking them to Manly today - I have to try and find the train station which will probably raise a few more chuckles out of them!!!!

Went on the monorail yesterday and tried to walk out through the entrance to get out - kids were buckled with laughter..... Dear me - didn't even have the excuse that the signs were foreign......

Off to breakfast then to the beach...

Catch you later

Lau xx

LOL. The monorail is fun.

Are you taking the train to Manly??? Or are you taking the train to Circle Quay?? Much better to go to Manly on the ferry - it's a beautiful journey. Quite surreal to sail through Sydney harbour as you've seen it on the TV so often.

Have fun - it sounds like you already are!

xxxx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 8:51 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

LOL. The monorail is fun.

Are you taking the train to Manly??? Or are you taking the train to Circle Quay?? Much better to go to Manly on the ferry - it's a beautiful journey. Quite surreal to sail through Sydney harbour as you've seen it on the TV so often.

Have fun - it sounds like you already are!

xxxx
Hi N. how's things?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond reputemands has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi N. how's things?
hi kapri

your not thinking of deserting me too, i just read somewhere you thinking of heading for brissie
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kapri
Hi N. how's things?
Hi Kapri - sorry I missed your post. I was busy fighting with the evisa system. I have given up now. We have waited 9 months to apply for the visa, it can wait another day.

How are you? House ready to go on the market???

Hi Mands too!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:04 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mands
hi kapri

your not thinking of deserting me too, i just read somewhere you thinking of heading for brissie
No - all my plans and research are for MP.
I just want to know what I'm missing How are you?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:09 am
Happy migrant

Hi Kapri - sorry I missed your post. I was busy fighting with the evisa system. I have given up now. We have waited 9 months to apply for the visa, it can wait another day.

How are you? House ready to go on the market???

Hi Mands too!
Yeah - my house is just about ready. I've had OH slaving away during his holiday
Estate agent coming next week

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.