Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by penky
Fireworks sound nice!
Don't worry bout me, I'll be right , a group of friends are organising a bonfire on the beach so will probably try and go there - will be a tad colder than your beach methinks !!
That sounds good you have good friends C didn't know you were near the beach, sounds lovely, nice and relaxing just what you need.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:30 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
That sounds good you have good friends C didn't know you were near the beach, sounds lovely, nice and relaxing just what you need.
Lol, well beach is what we call it! when I first came to Australia I realised that it is in fact a dirty sand spit on the river!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
Lol, well beach is what we call it! when I first came to Australia I realised that it is in fact a dirty sand spit on the river!!
Still better than we had in the midlands

You'll enjoy it with your friends
Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
Took the train to Circle Quay and then the ferry to Manly! On the way back caught the ferry from Circle Quay to Darling Harbour (Pyrmont!).

Got to the beach at about 08:40 - stayed until 11:30 and then decided we had enough sun so brought kids back!!!

Beach is lovely - sea was quite cold but alright once you got used to it!! Am sitting here covered in sand and salt writing to you - Lyd is in the shower and I don't have the energy to walk over to the other room to use her shower!

We saw the Harbour Bridge and Opera house for the first time Lots of nice boats and houses too......

Am going to struggle to stay awake this afternoonSort of half way between GMT and Sydney time - oops. Would be okay if Kat didn't wake at 3am Might have to tranquilise her tonight

Took some photos - will try and put them on my Facebook account when I have the energy!

Catch you later,

Lau xx
I was in bed when you posted this - sorry I missed you! The time difference is inconvenient eh?

Hope you get over the jetlag soon. Mine lasts about a week, so a few days to go yet. The strangest thing was waking up in the middle of the night staving hungry as it was dinner time in the UK.

Glad that you enjoyed the trip to Manly - it's a stunning journey and a nice beach. IMO Bondi is vastly over rated and full of tourists.

Where is your hotel - a long way from the centre???

Hope you've had a shower and a sleep now.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I was in bed when you posted this - sorry I missed you! The time difference is inconvenient eh?

Hope you get over the jetlag soon. Mine lasts about a week, so a few days to go yet. The strangest thing was waking up in the middle of the night staving hungry as it was dinner time in the UK.

Glad that you enjoyed the trip to Manly - it's a stunning journey and a nice beach. IMO Bondi is vastly over rated and full of tourists.

Where is your hotel - a long way from the centre???

Hope you've had a shower and a sleep now.
Am up now (4:15am) which is slightly better than yesterday

Hotel is in Darling Harbour - well more like China Town really so is quite central.

Kids like Manly so much they want to go back there today I think they enjoyed the ferry rides etc just as much!

I am so paranoid about them burning though - they asked if they could stay an extra hour this time

I guess it is back to my book for me

Speak to you later,

Lau
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Am up now (4:15am) which is slightly better than yesterday

Hotel is in Darling Harbour - well more like China Town really so is quite central.

Kids like Manly so much they want to go back there today I think they enjoyed the ferry rides etc just as much!

I am so paranoid about them burning though - they asked if they could stay an extra hour this time

I guess it is back to my book for me

Speak to you later,

Lau
Hey! Don't runoff!
Glad things alright so far! Sounds like kids enjoying themselves.
Got any house viewings lined up yet?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Hey! Don't runoff!
Glad things alright so far! Sounds like kids enjoying themselves.
Got any house viewings lined up yet?

No!! Had no response when I tried phoning so I guess they were either closed or on 1/2 day

Will phone around etc with a vengence on Weds - will hire a car too so I can travel easier....

How about you - have a good Xmas?

L xx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

No!! Had no response when I tried phoning so I guess they were either closed or on 1/2 day

Will phone around etc with a vengence on Weds - will hire a car too so I can travel easier....

How about you - have a good Xmas?

L xx
Quiet but nice!

Yours must have been a strange one! Did they serve Turkey on the plane?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quiet but nice!

Yours must have been a strange one! Did they serve Turkey on the plane?
Yeah!!

Turkey and Curry

Was strange Xmas - normally we have too much of everything, food, chocolates, presents etc. This year was minimal - would you believe I haven't eaten roses, quality street - or any chocolate over Xmas at all? It is unprecedented for me!!!!!

I am finding not being able to cook in the hotel difficult!

Lau xx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah!!

Turkey and Curry

Was strange Xmas - normally we have too much of everything, food, chocolates, presents etc. This year was minimal - would you believe I haven't eaten roses, quality street - or any chocolate over Xmas at all? It is unprecedented for me!!!!!

I am finding not being able to cook in the hotel difficult!

Lau xx
Eating out is nice but not all the time

You shouldn't be eating choc anyway you naughty girl

What plans for seeing in 2008?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 4:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eating out is nice but not all the time

You shouldn't be eating choc anyway you naughty girl

What plans for seeing in 2008?

Hey don't tell me off - I just told you I haven't eaten any!!!!! Anyway I am allowed it in moderation - I just can't get the moderating quite right, I am an all or nothing girl in everything I do me

I have been really good and eating healthily lots of fish since I have been here!

Going to go to the harbour with the kids but probably won't stay out until Midnight as they will be bushed!!!

L xx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hey don't tell me off - I just told you I haven't eaten any!!!!! Anyway I am allowed it in moderation - I just can't get the moderating quite right, I am an all or nothing girl in everything I do me

So I've heard!

I have been really good and eating healthily lots of fish since I have been here!

Going to go to the harbour with the kids but probably won't stay out until Midnight as they will be bushed!!!

L xx
Ypou never know, the atmosphere may keep you all going!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ypou never know, the atmosphere may keep you all going!
I need more than atmosphere to keep me going - if you know what I mean

L xx
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I need more than atmosphere to keep me going - if you know what I mean

L xx
Yes I know exactly what you mean!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 5:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes I know exactly what you mean!
Am I that transparent??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.