Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

Wikiposts

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Penky, you still up?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:36 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Penky, you still up?
Unfortunately yes
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penky
Unfortunately yes
tried to sleep yet? do you have work tomorrow?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:43 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

tried to sleep yet? do you have work tomorrow?
Have tried and failed , also on top of everything else keeping me awake, it's friday night, bad area, lots of noise...........

not working thankfully

but anyhow!! tell me hows you
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

LOL. The monorail is fun.

Are you taking the train to Manly??? Or are you taking the train to Circle Quay?? Much better to go to Manly on the ferry - it's a beautiful journey. Quite surreal to sail through Sydney harbour as you've seen it on the TV so often.

Have fun - it sounds like you already are!

xxxx
Took the train to Circle Quay and then the ferry to Manly! On the way back caught the ferry from Circle Quay to Darling Harbour (Pyrmont!).

Got to the beach at about 08:40 - stayed until 11:30 and then decided we had enough sun so brought kids back!!!

Beach is lovely - sea was quite cold but alright once you got used to it!! Am sitting here covered in sand and salt writing to you - Lyd is in the shower and I don't have the energy to walk over to the other room to use her shower!

We saw the Harbour Bridge and Opera house for the first time Lots of nice boats and houses too......

Am going to struggle to stay awake this afternoonSort of half way between GMT and Sydney time - oops. Would be okay if Kat didn't wake at 3am Might have to tranquilise her tonight

Took some photos - will try and put them on my Facebook account when I have the energy!

Catch you later,

Lau xx
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:55 pm
Up Around the Bend

Originally Posted by Reedy
Took the train to Circle Quay and then the ferry to Manly! On the way back caught the ferry from Circle Quay to Darling Harbour (Pyrmont!).

Got to the beach at about 08:40 - stayed until 11:30 and then decided we had enough sun so brought kids back!!!

Beach is lovely - sea was quite cold but alright once you got used to it!! Am sitting here covered in sand and salt writing to you - Lyd is in the shower and I don't have the energy to walk over to the other room to use her shower!

We saw the Harbour Bridge and Opera house for the first time Lots of nice boats and houses too......

Am going to struggle to stay awake this afternoonSort of half way between GMT and Sydney time - oops. Would be okay if Kat didn't wake at 3am Might have to tranquilise her tonight

Took some photos - will try and put them on my Facebook account when I have the energy!

Catch you later,

Lau xx
hey girl
Sounds like you are having a lovely time!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have tried and failed , also on top of everything else keeping me awake, it's friday night, bad area, lots of noise...........

not working thankfully

but anyhow!! tell me hows you
Waiting for the cyclone well not sure if it's still on it's way! was s'posed to be tomorrow, must check with the weather, very very windy today though......but we have sun and blue sky for a few hours anyway not been good over christmas, am cold at night and need the duvet on again!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

hey girl
Sounds like you are having a lovely time!
Having a great time!!!
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:01 pm
Up Around the Bend

Waiting for the cyclone well not sure if it's still on it's way! was s'posed to be tomorrow, must check with the weather, very very windy today though......but we have sun and blue sky for a few hours anyway not been good over christmas, am cold at night and need the duvet on again!
Are you close to the beach? how bad is the cyclone supposed to be?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:01 pm
Up Around the Bend

Originally Posted by Reedy
Having a great time!!!
I love Sydney , many happy memories, got engaged there .
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I love Sydney , many happy memories, got engaged there .
Aw that is sweet

I really like it here too!!

Lau x
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Are you close to the beach? how bad is the cyclone supposed to be?
We're 15 mins drive away, I've just checked on weather and it's eased I think, just heavy rain and gale force winds instead! beaches are closed though.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:08 pm
Up Around the Bend

We're 15 mins drive away, I've just checked on weather and it's eased I think, just heavy rain and gale force winds instead! beaches are closed though.
Well I hope your hatches are battoned down!
What are you doing for new year?
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well I hope your hatches are battoned down!
What are you doing for new year?
Think we are off to Paradise Point to watch the fireworks, did think of Surfers, but don't really like it there and it'll be too packed. Doubt we'll be there from 7 til after 12 though! apparently they have early displays as well as the mid-night one, but youngest won't hold up til then!

You have a work do to go to? You must try to go somewhere, or to someones house, don't be alone.
Old Dec 28th 2007, 2:16 pm
Up Around the Bend

Think we are off to Paradise Point to watch the fireworks, did think of Surfers, but don't really like it there and it'll be too packed. Doubt we'll be there from 7 til after 12 though! apparently they have early displays as well as the mid-night one, but youngest won't hold up til then!

You have a work do to go to? You must try to go somewhere, or to someones house, don't be alone.
Fireworks sound nice!
Don't worry bout me, I'll be right , a group of friends are organising a bonfire on the beach so will probably try and go there - will be a tad colder than your beach methinks !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.