Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Aug 9th 2007, 6:59 pm
Just Joined

Aussie78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi Everyone,

We are getting a spouse visa for my husband (us citizen). How long do we have to make the move once the visa is approved. I've heard you have to validate the visa, but we won't be ready to move right away as the housing market in our area has taken a dive and we need to sell the house before we move.

Thanks for all your help...I have been an avid reader of all your posts and they have been very helpful.

PS. I am Aussie, husband is US we are moving to the Gold Coast
Old Aug 9th 2007, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by Aussie78
Hi Everyone,

We are getting a spouse visa for my husband (us citizen). How long do we have to make the move once the visa is approved. I've heard you have to validate the visa, but we won't be ready to move right away as the housing market in our area has taken a dive and we need to sell the house before we move.

Thanks for all your help...I have been an avid reader of all your posts and they have been very helpful.

PS. I am Aussie, husband is US we are moving to the Gold Coast
Hi there!
They usually give you a date you must validate by (or visa cancelled). This is usually one year from the date of your medicals or police checks (whichever is earlier). But you can usually go to Oz, validate your visa, then leave again and go off and sort out all your bits ready to move properly.

Lots of people have to go just to validate, it's a long trek to get a stamp in your passport, but so worth it!
Hope this helps - if I've got any of it wrong someone will point it out soon enough
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Tina1962 will become famous soon enoughTina1962 will become famous soon enough

We are in the prosses of sorting our permanent visa, We have all the forms filled, Mine and my daughters police checks, all we are waiting on is our Son's uk police check as he returned to the uk, the police check is on it's way now!! only problem is when he went back to the uk he got into a spot of bother twice, and he has been cautioned and this has shown on the police check does anyone know if this will make a difference to our application for permanent residency!!!
Thanks in anticipation

Tina.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:10 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Need to ask a quick question! Might seem daft! I am taking my police form into the station today.......do I need to tick the bit that says "prosecutions convictions and cautions history"?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:25 am
Just Joined

Nicos666 is an unknown quantity at this point

BANKS

Hi Guys, we are off to the goldcoast late september, anyone out there know how easy it is to set up a ban k account on arrival, or should we do it before we go

Thanks guys
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:29 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nicos666
BANKS

Hi Guys, we are off to the goldcoast late september, anyone out there know how easy it is to set up a ban k account on arrival, or should we do it before we go

Thanks guys
Hiya we set up an account with Westpac over the phone while still in the UK but by the time we got here they had closed it!! Having said that they were absolutely brill at the Burleigh Heads branch and opened a new one no problem and have brill every time weve had a query.

Which part of the GC you coming to?

C x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

help, can someone answer my question quickly! See above!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiels
Hiya we set up an account with Westpac over the phone while still in the UK but by the time we got here they had closed it!! Having said that they were absolutely brill at the Burleigh Heads branch and opened a new one no problem and have brill every time weve had a query.

Which part of the GC you coming to?

C x
Staying with relatives in brisbane to kick off with, then looking to rent somewhere near southport area

What did you need in terms of identification to open your account, i have read that in the first 6 weeks of arriving you just need your passports

Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:33 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Rachel, wish i could answer your question but i just sent mine to west midlands police and cant actually remember what i put on the form!!! C x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

ok no worries! How are you getting on!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:37 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Staying with relatives in brisbane to kick off with, then looking to rent somewhere near southport area

What did you need in terms of identification to open your account, i have read that in the first 6 weeks of arriving you just need your passports

Thanks
Trying to remember now, passports for sure. OH has dual nationality and because it was his fisrt time living in Aus and customs hadnt stamped his passport we needed his boarding pass too!!! So glad i had kept it for a keepsake............... C x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:39 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

ok no worries! How are you getting on!!
Hey not too bad. Good and bad days. Some days its just like having permanent PMT as you cry but you dont have a clue why you are crying!!! Today is not one of those days i might add!!! C x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:41 am
Just Joined

Trying to remember now, passports for sure. OH has dual nationality and because it was his fisrt time living in Aus and customs hadnt stamped his passport we needed his boarding pass too!!! So glad i had kept it for a keepsake............... C x
Ok thanks for the info, as long as they dont require lifes history should be ok, i just know its a real pain in the b**ls to open one in the uk wondered if it was the same over there

Thanks
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Hey not too bad. Good and bad days. Some days its just like having permanent PMT as you cry but you dont have a clue why you are crying!!! Today is not one of those days i might add!!! C x
tahts good! How about the rest of your family - are they settling in?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:43 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Ok thanks for the info, as long as they dont require lifes history should be ok, i just know its a real pain in the b**ls to open one in the uk wondered if it was the same over there

Thanks
No it was relatively easy. OH being a citizen has been far harder to register him with bank, medicare and getting his driving licence than for me aUK citizen!! C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.