Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:00 am
Just Joined

RosiePeach1981 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hello everyone!

Please may I join too? I've only just found out that this thread exists otherwise I would have been on here ages ago!!

My story is a bit complicated and I have one question that I'm hoping you will be able to help me with!

I am British and my other half is Australian (well, his parents are British but moved to Australia before he was born then he was born out here, lived here til 15 years of age then moved back to the UK where I met him). We moved out here in January 2006 after I was granted my provisional de-facto spouse visa in December 2005.

Since then I have been home to the UK once - for 2 wks - and we also got engaged in April of this year.

In a couple of months it will be time to move on to the permanent residency bit.

My question is, do I need UK police checks again? And should I have informed them that we got engaged?

Hoping you might know the answers! It's all so very nerve-wracking - I would be devastated if I had to move back to the UK!!!

Rosie x
Old Jul 30th 2007, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by RosiePeach1981
Hello everyone!

Please may I join too? I've only just found out that this thread exists otherwise I would have been on here ages ago!!

My story is a bit complicated and I have one question that I'm hoping you will be able to help me with!

I am British and my other half is Australian (well, his parents are British but moved to Australia before he was born then he was born out here, lived here til 15 years of age then moved back to the UK where I met him). We moved out here in January 2006 after I was granted my provisional de-facto spouse visa in December 2005.

Since then I have been home to the UK once - for 2 wks - and we also got engaged in April of this year.

In a couple of months it will be time to move on to the permanent residency bit.

My question is, do I need UK police checks again? And should I have informed them that we got engaged?

Hoping you might know the answers! It's all so very nerve-wracking - I would be devastated if I had to move back to the UK!!!

Rosie x
Hey Rosie
Congrats on getting engaged! Not sure on the Police checks, you don't need to with a spouse visa but am not absolutely certain the same applies to the de-facto/prospective marraige visas. Sorry am not much help, am having a bit of a nervous breakdown today but I'm sure some other person who is much more knowledgable and together than me will be home from work shortly to help you!!!
For what it's worth I'd say tell them you're engaged - it surely couldn't do any harm to your case, could it?! Good luck!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

can anyone recommend a good shipping company? south east england to WA haven't got that much to ship, maybe half a container...

thanks!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scor
can anyone recommend a good shipping company? south east england to WA haven't got that much to ship, maybe half a container...

thanks!
We used Pickfords, & despite reading bad reviews & hearing some not so good comments, they turned out to be pretty good in our opinion. We 'only' had 99 cuft, which worked out to be just short of £700 including insurance. HTH a little.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 5:57 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!

Guess what - my email came today that tells me I got my visa - temporary spouse !!!!
Just need to send in my passport
I only sent my application off on the 17/07/07!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 6:08 am
Just Joined

tomm is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations "penky"!!

Two weeks, that's amazing!

I'll have to read some of your posts to get an idea what you did right
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:18 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one Penky,have a few cold ones to celebrate
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Congrats Penky!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Tina1962 will become famous soon enoughTina1962 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RosiePeach1981
Hello everyone!

Rosie x
Rosie, I am in the prosses of geting our permenant Ressedencey, We had to get a Austrailian Police check, Our son who has been in the UK for more than 12 months has to have a UK police check, so I would imagin if you havent been out of OZ for more than 12 months it will be the Australian check. Hope this helps.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by penky
Hi everyone!

Guess what - my email came today that tells me I got my visa - temporary spouse !!!!
Just need to send in my passport
I only sent my application off on the 17/07/07!!

Congratulations
A few beers tonight no doubt
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:20 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

About to post off our spouse app

I have certified copies of just the "identification pages" of spouse's UK passport & the same for my Aussie passport-will this suffice? (The magistrate made me wonder by asking me shouldnt I have a copy of every single page??)

Ta
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Jools - fancy seeing you here! haha

I have just booked my medical.....its on the 22nd August. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH Scared!!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 12:38 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Jools - fancy seeing you here! haha

I have just booked my medical.....its on the 22nd August. AAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH Scared!!
yes fancy! Dont worry about medical. My OH & his son said it was easy peasy! Remember not to wee before tho as they'll need a sample
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JoolsB
About to post off our spouse app

I have certified copies of just the "identification pages" of spouse's UK passport & the same for my Aussie passport-will this suffice? (The magistrate made me wonder by asking me shouldnt I have a copy of every single page??)

Ta
Just the identification pages
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 5:50 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JoolsB
yes fancy! Dont worry about medical. My OH & his son said it was easy peasy! Remember not to wee before tho as they'll need a sample
Heheh I drank so much water before driving down for the medical - I had to run in and scream at the receptionist for a specimen jar and directions to the nearest loo as soon as I got there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.