Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by RachelH
we are going on holiday early September so I need my passport so probably should sensibly wait until we get back from France before applying, by which time we will be well into September....anyone know?
I got my visa granted the week before my honeymoon, I just let them know what date I would be back and that I would send my passport in then. It took a week for them to stick the stamp in and post it back, but they advised me that before I sent it in. You may as well apply as soon as you can and then post your passport in after they tell you that you've got the visa.

Last edited by Joolz; Aug 3rd 2007 at 8:48 am.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 3:18 am
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

HELP
I'm just going through my application for my husbands spouse visa. I'm not too sure which documents i need to get copied / certified.
As far as I can make out its
- Marriage certificate
- birth certificate
- husbands passport
- my Australian citizenship certificate

Part of the evidence that i was going to send in were my 3 childrens birth certificates ( proof of our commitment )
would i need to get copies of thes certified ?

Sorry this is a bit long winded...Am in a panic as put house on the market to avoid the HIPS and first buyer that walks in wants to buy and they are not in a chain. Perfect only we are not quite ready! and were talking of going after Christmas, Aaagh. So need to get this visa sorted out.OH already had medical etc done.
Thanks
Old Aug 6th 2007, 4:29 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

We had pretty much everything that was photocopied certified - bank statements, marriage certificate, mobile bills, drivers licence, NI Card, passports etc Solicitor that did it was really good too; they didn't charge us a penny as we brought the photocopies in for them to certify. We got them a bottle of wine to say thankyou.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Katehn
HELP
I'm just going through my application for my husbands spouse visa. I'm not too sure which documents i need to get copied / certified.
- Marriage certificate
- birth certificate
- husbands passport

Part of the evidence that i was going to send in were my 3 childrens birth certificates ( proof of our commitment )

Sorry this is a bit long winded...Am in a panic as put house on the market to avoid the HIPS and first buyer that walks in wants to buy and they are not in a chain. Perfect only we are not quite ready! and were talking of going after Christmas, Aaagh. So need to get this visa sorted out.OH already had medical etc done.
Thanks
Hi Kate, we didn't get anything certified - we just sent all the originals recorded delivery (& enclosed a SAE prepaid return one), which would save time for you.

Good news about your house, although a 'little' earlier than you'd planned ! Whereabouts are you planning on moving too ?

ETA: ignore that, I can see Brisbane now !
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charb
Hi Kate, we didn't get anything certified - we just sent all the originals recorded delivery (& enclosed a SAE prepaid return one), which would save time for you.

Good news about your house, although a 'little' earlier than you'd planned ! Whereabouts are you planning on moving too ?

ETA: ignore that, I can see Brisbane now !

thanks for that. My original plan was to send in all the originals then i started to panic the more I read about certifying copies.
We are going to start off in Brisbane ( my brother is there) but ideally i'm thinking the sunshine coast is the place to be. It will depend on work though. Hubby is a chef so shouldnt be a problem .He wants to avoid shift work!
Old Aug 6th 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Joolz for your response as well.. That was a result getting it done for free.
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:42 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Katehn
HELP
- Marriage certificate
- birth certificate
- husbands passport

Thanks
If you do get certified docs go to a solicitor not the magistrates court like us-we had to sit in a smelly room for 45 minutes and was then led into a court room and made to stand on the witness stand-all seemed a bit much! Felt guilty....

We are completing on our flat in 3 weeks and aren't going til Jan 08-we did the market early to avoid HIP same as you! We are renting a furnished flat here for 6 months and sending belongings over early so ready for us when we arrive. With the way the market is right now I think any decent buyer should be grabbed with both hands!

Good luck
Old Aug 6th 2007, 7:44 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

After nearly 5 months of planning just posted our application special delivery yesterday-cant wait to see how long it takes-excited we enclosed OH's passport as meds and pcc frontloaded. Keep thinking I've forgotton something or ticked a wrong box..
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JoolsB
After nearly 5 months of planning just posted our application special delivery yesterday-cant wait to see how long it takes-excited we enclosed OH's passport as meds and pcc frontloaded. Keep thinking I've forgotton something or ticked a wrong box..

I was exactly the same from the minute it left my hands i was thinking did i miss something did i include this or that.
Well i hope its not long until you get the Visa...
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:20 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by John50
I was exactly the same from the minute it left my hands i was thinking did i miss something did i include this or that.
Well i hope its not long until you get the Visa...
Thanks John- just checked online and it's got there safely-hoping we'll be really lucky and get a 4 day turnaround! Hope you're getting on well in Aus
Old Aug 6th 2007, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks John- just checked online and it's got there safely-hoping we'll be really lucky and get a 4 day turnaround! Hope you're getting on well in Aus
Well i havent found a job yet, and i have never been so cold in all my life but apart from that its going ok....
Old Aug 6th 2007, 10:15 pm
South Yarra Sheila

Originally Posted by John50
Well i havent found a job yet, and i have never been so cold in all my life but apart from that its going ok....
Sorry to hear you haven't found a job yet-Im sure you will very soon Must say Im glad im arriving in summer now!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 12:35 am
South Yarra Sheila

Thought I looked a bit poor when I went onto online banking just now-they've taken me dosh already -that was fast!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

Thought I looked a bit poor when I went onto online banking just now-they've taken me dosh already -that was fast!
They don`t hang about when taking money only when issuing Visa`s
Old Aug 7th 2007, 5:19 am
Just Joined

ganoushki is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my god. You're all making me feel soooo excited and I haven't even applied yet!!
Think I have all documentation together now apart from the medicals.
I think by reading the threads that it may be possible to get the medicals before you send in the application form - is that correct? If so, how do you find the names of the doctors accredited to do it? Bet there's none in Cornwall.
I'm so pleased I've found this site, it is so helpful to a numpty novice like me!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.