Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 9:47 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by RachelH
tahts good! How about the rest of your family - are they settling in?

Youngest (girl age 10) brilliantly Oldest (boy 14) missing peeps like mad C x
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Tina1962
We are in the prosses of sorting our permanent visa, We have all the forms filled, Mine and my daughters police checks, all we are waiting on is our Son's uk police check as he returned to the uk, the police check is on it's way now!! only problem is when he went back to the uk he got into a spot of bother twice, and he has been cautioned and this has shown on the police check does anyone know if this will make a difference to our application for permanent residency!!!
Thanks in anticipation

Tina.
They'll probably request a written statement from you (or rather the person who has this on their 'record' ). My OH had the same thing, (drunken & fighting, then running away from the cops - before getting caught !!! Back in his 'younger' days !) He (well I actually!) just wrote how sorry he was about his behaviour & how he has learnt his lesson etc etc, bit of a sob story if you like. Sent it back & didn't hear anything else until the email stating his visa had been granted. Anyway, we're here now no probs, although at the time, we totally shat ourselves. Try not to worry, I'm sure it's quite common for them to see cautions. I expect the just need to make sure what the caution was actully for.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by shiels
No it was relatively easy. OH being a citizen has been far harder to register him with bank, medicare and getting his driving licence than for me aUK citizen!! C x
Oh great...got that to look forward to then
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:57 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh you been a naughty boy then Mark,that why you started the RUNNING CLUB???
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Oh you been a naughty boy then Mark,that why you started the RUNNING CLUB???
Me... never!

Just think it's funny that it's easier for the non-citizen to register for everything when us Aussies have trouble doing it....
Old Aug 10th 2007, 12:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Must be all that paperwork that throws you matey,and understanding the english language
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:39 am
Just Joined

ganoushki is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, the xrays and medical has been done and the visa paperwork going off today. I'm scared.
Wish me luck!!
Old Aug 14th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Good Luck Ganoushki
Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

yes good luck ganoushki. I have been and handed my police form in, going to the solicitors on Friday to get all the docs certified and medical is next Wednesday......then filling it all in but not sending it off until the police stuff comes back and probably after we come back from our hols in mid Sept.

Re the stuff I need certifying, my list is:

my passport
my birth certificate
our marriage certificate
OH's Aussie passport
OH's Aussie citizenship cert
the Aussie passport of the people who are doing my stat decs
OH's tax return for proof of income

Have I missed anything?
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

yes good luck ganoushki. I have been and handed my police form in, going to the solicitors on Friday to get all the docs certified and medical is next Wednesday......then filling it all in but not sending it off until the police stuff comes back and probably after we come back from our hols in mid Sept.

my passport
my birth certificate
our marriage certificate
OH's Aussie passport

Have I missed anything?
Hi Rachel,

We didn't provide any proof of identity of the people that did out stat decs. Mind you they were all British, so perhaps it's different. For my proof of income, I just sent original pay slips and P60s. Got them all back in the post.

You could send it off and send the police checks when they request them.

Mark.
Old Aug 14th 2007, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicos666
BANKS

Hi Guys, we are off to the goldcoast late september, anyone out there know how easy it is to set up a ban k account on arrival, or should we do it before we go

Thanks guys
There's a thread somewhere on here called something like 'how to open a westpac bank account from the UK over the phone'
Hope this helps!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

itsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the roughitsonlyme is a jewel in the rough

Just thought I'd say Hello... Im fairly new to BE. Got my spouse visa back in June

We are going out to sydney next week for a reccie and plan to move once the house is sold beginning of next year

Havent really got anything to ask but just thought I'd say hi
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:12 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

my passport
my birth certificate
our marriage certificate
OH's Aussie passport

Have I missed anything?
Originally Posted by medwaymark
Hi Rachel,

We didn't provide any proof of identity of the people that did out stat decs. Mind you they were all British, so perhaps it's different. For my proof of income, I just sent original pay slips and P60s. Got them all back in the post.

You could send it off and send the police checks when they request them.

Mark.
Hi rachel,
I got both uk and aussie people to write stat decs, the uk ones I never bothered getting proof of identify but the aussie ones I did, not really sure I had to though.

I did get my stuff like payslips etc certified but have found out I didnt really need to coz they send your original documents back in the post like mark says

Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:13 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neet Neet
Just thought I'd say Hello... Im fairly new to BE. Got my spouse visa back in June

We are going out to sydney next week for a reccie and plan to move once the house is sold beginning of next year

Havent really got anything to ask but just thought I'd say hi
Hello again
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hello Neet Neet I do believe you are medwaymark's wife, am I right? Hello and welcome! Lucky you going on your reccie next week. Cant wait to hear all about it!

I've just realised that my stat decs were witnessed not by qualified people but just by friends of the Aussies that did them. Do you think it matters? I'm going to get them all certified tomorrow. Dont want anything to be wrong, but surely they wont quibble, we have been married for 11 years nearly and have 3 kids!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.