Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:15 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hello Everyone!

I think I'm back....

I avoided this place as my husband and I kept on changing our minds about when to move back to Aus, and reading these boards and hearing about people moving soon or having dates to move was upsetting me so I had to leave. Sorry I abondoned you all when alot of you helped us get our visa, I really just couldn't stay and read everyones happy times about moving to Aus when I thought I was stuck here.

Anyway we're planning for a Feb/March 08 move, I'm so excited again as I can see it happening now that we have finally made a decision to move. The reason for changing our minds is our UK debts, they are quite large (personal loans) but I figure all I'm doing in the UK is working and paying them off so why can't I do the same in Aus? Is anyone else thats moving going to be paying off UK debts while living in Aus?? Not sure how to go about that but I'm sure they'll be some info on this board and that we are not the only ones to do the same thing.

Look forward to catching up and getting to know the newbies! If anyone has any Q's about applying for the visa and what not I'll be happy to help
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Hello Everyone!

I think I'm back....

I avoided this place as my husband and I kept on changing our minds about when to move back to Aus, and reading these boards and hearing about people moving soon or having dates to move was upsetting me so I had to leave. Sorry I abondoned you all when alot of you helped us get our visa, I really just couldn't stay and read everyones happy times about moving to Aus when I thought I was stuck here.

Anyway we're planning for a Feb/March 08 move, I'm so excited again as I can see it happening now that we have finally made a decision to move. The reason for changing our minds is our UK debts, they are quite large (personal loans) but I figure all I'm doing in the UK is working and paying them off so why can't I do the same in Aus? Is anyone else thats moving going to be paying off UK debts while living in Aus?? Not sure how to go about that but I'm sure they'll be some info on this board and that we are not the only ones to do the same thing.

Look forward to catching up and getting to know the newbies! If anyone has any Q's about applying for the visa and what not I'll be happy to help
Hiya... Welcome back.

It's a big change, so you have to be sure eh....

Like your avatar BTW...wish I had thought of that
Old Aug 19th 2007, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

welcome back

glad you finally have a date in mind, sorry i can be no help with your dilemma, but i'm sure it will be simple enough to resolve.

its good to see you back, you were a great help to us when we were applying
Old Aug 19th 2007, 6:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hey Kristy - good to see you back! Looks like we will be heading out about the same time, we are aiming for January. OH has a job interview in London for an Aussie firm this week, the same day I have my medical, eeekkk!

Got my docs certified at the solicitors on Friday so getting there slowly........
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back it`s not been the same without you...now you have a date should help you cope with it all....
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:50 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone!

I think I'm back....

Good to have you back Kristyhans!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Hiya Kristyhans - welcome back! Thought you'd gone already!

We're still on track for a February departure - house is on the market now (!)
Fingers crossed there are lots of first time buyers out there willing to take on thousands of pounds of debt!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Course there are Joolz...we can't get enough of massive personal debt in the UK can we!!!
Hope it all works out for ya and you sell soon...but not too soon of course!
It's all a bit of a balancing act isn't it, when to sell up, when to ship, when to leave work...luckerly my landlord is already selling our house and I've just been made redundant, so that's 2 big problems out of the way for me!
Best of luck to yous...
Old Aug 20th 2007, 8:25 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Everyone!
Hello
nice to meet you
sure it should be fairly straightforward to pay off debts in uk while your in oz, we re doin the opposite the now - paying off oz debts while here and its not complicated
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hi all - well I have had my meds yesterday at Huddersfield - all went fine, was only in there for about 20 minutes, then straight in for chest X ray. They told me to ring in a week to make sure the results are back and that they have sent it all off to London.

Just waiting for police checks to come back now then will fill in the forms and off it goes! I read another thread on here from someone who said they had 3kg of evidence for their relationship - they had printed out every email they had ever sent each other! All I am planning to send is a photocopyof a utility bill, a photocopy of a bank statement and of a mortgage statement from years ago, plus a couple of photocopied photos and maybe one invitation that I can find which is to both of us - doesnt sound much but I thought it would suffice!!

Now next question - who sent off their passport with the app and if you didnt when did they request it. I'm thinking that I will send mine without as going to France for a week on 15th Sept and a bit worried that it wont come back in time if I send it with the app (given that still not got police checks back...........)
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

I sent mine with my application...
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi all - well I have had my meds yesterday at Huddersfield - all went fine, was only in there for about 20 minutes, then straight in for chest X ray. They told me to ring in a week to make sure the results are back and that they have sent it all off to London.

Just waiting for police checks to come back now then will fill in the forms and off it goes! I read another thread on here from someone who said they had 3kg of evidence for their relationship - they had printed out every email they had ever sent each other! All I am planning to send is a photocopyof a utility bill, a photocopy of a bank statement and of a mortgage statement from years ago, plus a couple of photocopied photos and maybe one invitation that I can find which is to both of us - doesnt sound much but I thought it would suffice!!

Now next question - who sent off their passport with the app and if you didnt when did they request it. I'm thinking that I will send mine without as going to France for a week on 15th Sept and a bit worried that it wont come back in time if I send it with the app (given that still not got police checks back...........)
Hi birthday girl

When Anita got the email granting the visa, they asked her for her passport then. Told her where to send it and who to. Came back in a couple of days.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:34 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

We sent them with the app, but they were sent back within a few days, along with the other ID & info we sent. Once OH's visa was granted, they requested for it to be sent back, & once again it was back with us within a few days.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:08 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hello!

Thanks for all the welcome backs

Rachel - I sent our passports in with our application. Absolutely everything was uploaded. We would have had ours back quicker if we had of filled in the last form they requested from the beginning (the character reference one) and a week was quick enough anyway. I'm sure the evidence you provide will be fine. Afterall you have been together for quite some time and have children! I was going to send loads of docs to prove our relationship - emails, letters, cards etc. until I read somewhere that although they require evidence of relationship, they don't like piles and piles and bits to sort through. I picked a few bills, a few emails and letters when we spent 6 months apart and quite a few photos which I had copied and printed about 6 on one page so as not too many pages.

Anyway, a question for you all!?! What airline do you intend on flying and why? Who would you avoid and why?

I'm in two minds about Singapore or Malaysian. I have searched on this site but I'm still in two minds, so I thought I'd ask you lovely people! I rang Singapore for some information earlier regarding baggage allowance (yes you are allowed 40kg for the person who is immigrating with permanent residency) and to also ask about allocating a seat at time of booking (as I want the two back seats so as no-one else sat with us!!) The ladt didn't really understand what I was asking and got a bit confused (maybe it was me?? ) so now I'm thinking the customer service wasn't that fab, so I just don't know.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 1:09 pm
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by charb
We sent them with the app, but they were sent back within a few days, along with the other ID & info we sent. Once OH's visa was granted, they requested for it to be sent back, & once again it was back with us within a few days.
Hey!!!

Good to 'see' you! How's things back in Aus? What have you been up to? Are you glad of the move etc??

We have a date!! 22nd March (although not booked yet, but at least we have a date!! Will probably book this weekend!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.