Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Kristy I have been with both Singapore and MAlaysian and I really rate Singapore in my experience

But hey /i am a bit pissed as been at York RAces allday so you can ignore me if you wnat (hic!)
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:55 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Hello Everyone!

I think I'm back....

I avoided this place as my husband and I kept on changing our minds about when to move back to Aus, and reading these boards and hearing about people moving soon or having dates to move was upsetting me so I had to leave. Sorry I abondoned you all when alot of you helped us get our visa, I really just couldn't stay and read everyones happy times about moving to Aus when I thought I was stuck here.

Anyway we're planning for a Feb/March 08 move, I'm so excited again as I can see it happening now that we have finally made a decision to move. The reason for changing our minds is our UK debts, they are quite large (personal loans) but I figure all I'm doing in the UK is working and paying them off so why can't I do the same in Aus? Is anyone else thats moving going to be paying off UK debts while living in Aus?? Not sure how to go about that but I'm sure they'll be some info on this board and that we are not the only ones to do the same thing.

Look forward to catching up and getting to know the newbies! If anyone has any Q's about applying for the visa and what not I'll be happy to help
Good to see you back C x
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:10 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Guess What????!!!!

Our tickets are booked

We are flying singapore airlines on March 22nd and staying over night for two nights. Arrive in Australia on March 25th in time to validate the visa of March 28th.

I was sooo nervous booking them! It's done now though, and we have a date, time and even a seat number!!

211 days until we leave!!
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

wow that is great news! Congrats on getting it all booked - did you get a good deal?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 11:42 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Yeah not too bad!

It's cheaper if you book after March 21st (as it's low season) so for both of us it was £904! Well I think it's a good deal anyway!

Just have to find somewhere nice to stay in singapore now!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by RachelH
Now next question - who sent off their passport with the app and if you didnt when did they request it. I'm thinking that I will send mine without as going to France for a week on 15th Sept and a bit worried that it wont come back in time if I send it with the app (given that still not got police checks back...........)
Glad your meds went well!
I didn't send our passports off with the application - got sisters in the US and Poland and other rellies all over the place - no passport means no travel, not good if something happens and we need to go to someone's aid in another country!
I guess it depends if everything is straightforward or not - mine is not so straightforward, and am waiting for panel decision on meds to come back (should be OK, is just holding it all up). Apparently they refer your meds even for mild asthma etc so if there are any medical things that they need to check out, it might take a few weeks.
So on reflection I'm glad I didn't post the passports off!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

hi everyone! i have read through a lot of the posts here..and first just want to say congratulations to all of you!!!

My situaton is.
I am Aussie married to a Canadain 2.5 years now.
I am living in Canada with him and his children.
I returned to australia last year and worked for a while to take care of tax issues back there, and then returned to Canada.

I have not had a permanent job for near a year now as husband is the main income provider here and i have been caring for the youngest child etc.

Sooo now my questions are...is it possible for me to sponsor him even tho we are in Canada.?? we have no one in australia who can sponsor or go assurer of support etc.

If we sell our house we will come out with probably nothing..as we have just bought this with a fresh mortgage etc....so the money we would take with us is virtualy nil.

however i have a job back in Australia waiting for me whenever i want to return..and my husband has a job offer too...( not sponsored etc..just a job offer which we can get in writing etc) this has been an ongoing conufsing thing for us...as i had been told by immigration australia that i needed to be earning aus$ to sponsor him to go live in australia..>????

any help advice etc..that anyone can give..will be most appreciated..esp from people in similiar circumstances to us...

PS have even been exploring the NZ route ...as then i would at least be closer to family etc...
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Maple Leaf!!

I would say that as an Aussie yourself you shouldnt have a problem. ~Get yourself on the www.immi.gov.au website and search for the spouse visa - it should tell you all you need to know.

Only issue might be his kids - would you be bringing them with you - is their mother still around and if so would she agree to this? I think (but dont quote me) that there are issues around this.

Anyway - best to research it on the proper website as mentioned - good luck! WHich part of Aus are you from?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Maple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to beholdMaple Leaf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Maple Leaf!!

I would say that as an Aussie yourself you shouldnt have a problem. ~Get yourself on the www.immi.gov.au website and search for the spouse visa - it should tell you all you need to know.

Only issue might be his kids - would you be bringing them with you - is their mother still around and if so would she agree to this? I think (but dont quote me) that there are issues around this.

Anyway - best to research it on the proper website as mentioned - good luck! WHich part of Aus are you from?
Hi rachel..i will do that again..

regards to the kids..it will be no problem...our son ( my step son)...is 9 and lives with us...the daughter..is living with her mother at the moment..and she may choose not to come with us. The birth mother will sign anything that is required so the kids can go to australia. the son definently wants to come. his father has been raising him on his own since he was about 2 years old.

i will read that immigration booklet again etc...however..i am must be quite thick...if it is as simple as what everyone is saying it is...as we already went to try once before..had the forms filled in etc..and even had police clearance done for husband and he was about to go for medicals etc....when...immigration australia said i had not been earning enough to sponsor him etc.....will post back here soon....
Old Aug 28th 2007, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

oh right - apologies then, I am just going from everyone's experience on here which has been relatively straightforward. I am sure that someone else will be along who may be able to help....maybe one of the agents?
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:30 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Just had to post a huge HURRAY! my OH got email today granting subclass 100 so happy as our furniture is being packed & taken for shipping over next 2 days so we were cutting it a bit fine! we are moving into rental for a few months and then off start of new year

Off to clean out tumble dryer filter now to bring myself back down to earth

Good luck to everyone waiting
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by JoolsB
Just had to post a huge HURRAY! my OH got email today granting subclass 100 so happy as our furniture is being packed & taken for shipping over next 2 days so we were cutting it a bit fine! we are moving into rental for a few months and then off start of new year

YAY JOOLS!!!! So happy for you, it must be such a relief!
Good luck with it all and don't desert us in your rush to leave!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi jools! congrats! i bet you are both very happy indeed!

can you tell me as you are the sponsor right?

did they take into consideration your earnings etc...and also...did you need an assurer etc......?

i have looked through the booklets again etc.....and i cannot actualy find anything in it that tells me that i need to be earning X amount of money to sponsor my husband. I am now wondering if this has been confused with an assurer of support etc and not actualy sponsorship....cheers!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:20 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! It is indeed a big relief

I did put in a cv and 2 yrs copy bank statements showing salary but although the checklist asks for some sort of proof of sponser's earnings they must surely have to take into account instances where the sponser hasn't been working (i.e. stay at home mum etc)..

I will probably be on here more than ever now though my internet at the new place is not being installed til next Wed so i will be suffering severe withdrawal by then!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:23 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys! It is indeed a big relief

I did put in a cv and 2 yrs copy bank statements showing salary but although the checklist asks for some sort of proof of sponser's earnings they must surely have to take into account instances where the sponser hasn't been working (i.e. stay at home mum etc)..

I will probably be on here more than ever now though my internet at the new place is not being installed til next Wed so i will be suffering severe withdrawal by then!
hey Jools congrats !!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.