Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:40 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Yes I agree - I think you will be fine doing it on your own. Once you get stuck in it's not too bad. Sounds like your case is simple enough and you obviously understand what they are after.
hey Chick,

my pasSport arrive this mornin with my visa in it. You have to keep me updated with your progress X
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:18 am
Just Joined

Kolothuk is an unknown quantity at this point

I got an email today and have been told my visa has been granted

Thanks for all your help.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:19 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kolothuk

Yay!

Congrats!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I am Michelle, 32, an Aussie who is a Perm Resident in the UK. My husband is English and has just been granted a 2nd 5 year extention on his Aussie Visa, we are considering going back. We have a 4 month old son.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice

thanks for your replies... i think i will give it a go.... still would like to hear from some that have done it themselves? Has anyone had a rejection??
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

koala12 will become famous soon enoughkoala12 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RachelH
THought it would be a good idea to have a thread for all those of us who are either in the process of or thinking about or already got a spouse visa, be you a Pom or an Ozzy!! As there seems to have been a few of us on threads recently and we all seem to be heading for Brisbane!!

I'll start off - I'm Rachel, British, my husband is dual citizenship UK/Australia as he emigrated with his family when he was 4. He has been living back here in the UK (Harrogate in Yorkshire) for the last 12 years with me! We have been married for 10 years and have three kids, twin boys aged 2 and a 10 week old baby girl.

We've talked about going back to Aus for years and never ever been able to make a decision. Various things have kept us here such as his elderly grandparents who we basically looked after until their deaths in 1999 and 2003; and a small investment in a company that we both worked for. He has now left the company and I am on maternity leave.

We have now made the decision that its time to go for it, the ties we have here are my family who I love dearly but I know they will come out and stay for months at a time! My husbands family are mainly in Brisbane - his Mum lives in ST Lucia and one of his sisters in Windsor. His other sister lives in Perth and his Dad divides his time between Tasmania, Cyprus and the UK (Nice!). So its Brissie where we will be heading.

I have just sent off for citizenship for all my kids and once thats through will be heading to London to get their Aussie passports. Then in about JUne time (got a holiday in Majorca in May) I plan to kick off with the actual application (keep putting it off....quite daunting!) and we hope to be in Australia at the latest January 08, may have another Xmas here first. We will see.

Thats me, loads more I could say about me and my family adn my situation but will wait for some more of you to come along first!!

Rachel
Hi
I've been in Sydney now for 17 months and am currently awaiting my permanent spouse visa. My OH was born in UK but emigrated to Oz when he was 2 1/2 (A Ten Pound Pom!) and apart from the 5years he spent in UK with me has lived in Oz. We met online in 2000, got married (2nd marriage) in 2002 and I came out here a couple of times on holidays and really loved the country so we talked about moving here and it was a very hard decision as I have 2 grown up daughters (25 & 23) and one wanted to come and the other didn't but after a lot of thinking/talking and tears (mine!) we arrived here September 2006. I absolutely love living here and there is nothing I miss about England other than my parents, youngest daughter and a few other family/friends. Hardest thing I have found here is making friends as I don't work and obviously don't have school age kids so don't come into contact with lots of people on a daily basis.
Karen
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kolothuk

Congratulations
Thanks to all for birthday wishes. Was a crap birthday, ended up cleaning all day for the estate agent to come to make the schedule for our house. Got a nice surprise with the valuation though!

Littlehobo - I would give it a go yourself as well. Its not difficult - its just quite time consuming. The partner migration booklet is really helpful - you can download it here http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books1.htm. (Hope I did that right) Its a bit of a read but it sets out what kind of information you need and so on. I've also attached the document immi sent to me when I emailed them for info. A lot of the links don't work but its quite useful too.

Good luck!

Rachel
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
0041_Partner_Migration[1].pdf (56.5 KB, 1090 views)
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

Oh by the way, does anyone have any recommendations for getting a container shipped over? Also, how quickly can they organise it - do you have to give them a couple of months notice or is it quite quick. If anyone doesn't mind, how much does it cost? I'm thinking from things I have read elsewhere it would be about £3500.

I think also we'd rent holiday accomodation somewhere around perth until we got a proper rental house. Because we'll probably rent for 6-12 months when we get there I wouldn't feel comfortable renting off the net as you don't really know what you're getting unless you've seen it. Does anyone know anywhere nice? Also do you need references for renting somewhere as we haven't really leased anywhere before. Would a reference from our bank to say we'd been reliable with the mortgage be enough?

OOOH getting excited now! Need to calm down!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough

Posted OH's forms off yesterday for UK and Aus police checks... the clock is ticking I'M SO EXCITED!!!
Old Feb 8th 2008, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fin
Yay!

Congrats!!

How many days now Kristy? I'm so jealous! XX
Old Feb 9th 2008, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about

HI EVERYONE,

Have finally sent off my Husband's Visa application - Yeah - Now the hard bit begins waiting!!!! We front loaded the police clearance but not the medical. Just in case something goes wrong. Put the house on the market on Wednesday and had our first viewing on Thursday. FINGERS CROSSED. Joined the thread sometime ago but only just got things organized. I'm the ozzie and OH is the Brit. Hoping to move to Townsville. Just starting to get excited now, not lived in Oz for the past 14 years so will be nice to go home. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THERE VISA CAN'T WAIT TIL THATS US!!!!!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MORCPOM1
HI EVERYONE,

Have finally sent off my Husband's Visa application - Yeah - Now the hard bit begins waiting!!!! We front loaded the police clearance but not the medical. Just in case something goes wrong. Put the house on the market on Wednesday and had our first viewing on Thursday. FINGERS CROSSED. Joined the thread sometime ago but only just got things organized. I'm the ozzie and OH is the Brit. Hoping to move to Townsville. Just starting to get excited now, not lived in Oz for the past 14 years so will be nice to go home. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE GOT THERE VISA CAN'T WAIT TIL THATS US!!!!!
The best of luck to you... keeping everything crossed!
Old Feb 11th 2008, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

MORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura aboutMORCPOM1 has a spectacular aura about
Default SPOUSE VISA CIRCLE

Hi Shelld81, Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed! Are you looking forward to going home? Starting to realise the enormity of it all, can't decide what to take. Keeping reading threads and some people seem to take everything except kitchen sink and others say just go with minimal things. Arghhhh......
Starting to get really excited can't wait to get back onto Ozzie soil. Just wish my 9 year old felt the same. At the moment she reckon's that she isn't going, doesn't want to leave her friends. Bribery will start soon. The joys of children!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:02 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here! Police checks for Australia - QLD

Hi,

has anyone had to get a police check for their time living in Qld ? If so How do you go about it ? Do you need fingerprint checks ? Cheers
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here! Police checks for Australia - QLD

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi,

has anyone had to get a police check for their time living in Qld ? If so How do you go about it ? Do you need fingerprint checks ? Cheers
Think theres a link on the page before about Aussie police checks - My husbands never been so doesn't need one.

Hows everyones applications coming along? We haven't heard anything, don't know if the moneys come off yet as we paid by credit card. Had a viewer for our house yesterday - don't know if they liked it or not but good someones looking so soon, we haven't even got a for sale sign up yet!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.