Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Australian PCC processing time??

Originally Posted by jutang
you wil be fine, its just a case of waiting x

it shouldnt be too long fingers crossed just make sure all I are dotted and T's are crossed so when it comes thats all you have to send off, when you get your aussie police check send your passport off same time.

he cant go without you, thats just silly ?? I mean 6 weeks @ the most, cant he get any job ? cant he cal up UK immi and ask for extension on his worik limit ? Im sure there are other ways instead of him going without you ?
Yeh had already thought about sending off passport together with everything. I know it doesn't seem a long time, but days are dragging along so slowly at the moment! and cos we thought we would be out of here end of Feb, having to wait longer is soooo painful!!

He tried to get cash in hand work but nothing going. Didn't think about getting extension on visa, but he is waiting for his tax refunds to come back through now, so has filed the 'no longer working in the UK' form and sent it off. It won't be the end of the world if he has to go out there and I follow on. Will give me time to go round saying goodbye to everyone!!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
According to form 1101 on the immi site, Australian PCC's usually take 30 days but can take longer during busy periods. It also says not to contact the AFP directly.

Send the request to your relevant state too, as per:

http://www.uk.embassy.gov.au/lhlh/FAQsPoliceCh.html

And from the AFP site:

"The current processing time for a routine National Police Check is approximately 15 working days from the date received by Criminal Records. Please be aware that processing times for National Police Checks may vary as the AFP is reliant on other police jurisdictions for some information.
We also recommend that you allow sufficient time for processing and return by postal services before making enquiries regarding your application. "
Yeh had seen all that already, thanks Timbo.

It's just that the processing times seem to have varied a lot for people over the last few years ranging from 2 weeks to 2 months.
I just wondered what it was like currently and posted a new thread earlier and someone has just come back and said they sent theirs off Decemeber 20th and got it back within 3 weeks .... so am breathing now! Hope it is that quick for me.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:41 am
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Yeh had already thought about sending off passport together with everything. I know it doesn't seem a long time, but days are dragging along so slowly at the moment! and cos we thought we would be out of here end of Feb, having to wait longer is soooo painful!!

He tried to get cash in hand work but nothing going. Didn't think about getting extension on visa, but he is waiting for his tax refunds to come back through now, so has filed the 'no longer working in the UK' form and sent it off. It won't be the end of the world if he has to go out there and I follow on. Will give me time to go round saying goodbye to everyone!!
Everything wil fall into place, promise. OH and I had such a sh*t time when we first got to UK and then our house fell through and lost loads of money, I dont even want to think about last year. What im trying to say is everything happens for a reason and things will fall into place, maybe its fate for this delay to happen , so you can spend more time with family and friends or maybe Canada is not yet ready for you - who knows , either way it wil al work out!! Chin up , and who knows you may get your check back sooner rather than laterx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:48 am
Forum Regular

Everything wil fall into place, promise. OH and I had such a sh*t time when we first got to UK and then our house fell through and lost loads of money, I dont even want to think about last year. What im trying to say is everything happens for a reason and things will fall into place, maybe its fate for this delay to happen , so you can spend more time with family and friends or maybe Canada is not yet ready for you - who knows , either way it wil al work out!! Chin up , and who knows you may get your check back sooner rather than laterx
Ah I love your attitude! I usually have that 'it's all fate' view on life, but you know when you're in the thick of it yourself, you lose all perspective! You have just reminded me that's all happening for a reason.

How are things going with you though? Are you looking at houses to buy and thinking about the fact that you're never coming back??!! You lucky thing!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:07 am

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Ah I love your attitude! I usually have that 'it's all fate' view on life, but you know when you're in the thick of it yourself, you lose all perspective! You have just reminded me that's all happening for a reason.

How are things going with you though? Are you looking at houses to buy and thinking about the fact that you're never coming back??!! You lucky thing!
its defo fate chick. It wil all work out. OH and I loked @ buying a house in UK then it fell through due to structual probs, lost over a grand. But we wil look @ houses to buy in Oz, ned to save some cash fits though when we get there and settle. W are not flying until July and I have until Nov to apply for my spouse. I cant celebrate yet , wont untiul get my passport and flights are booked - it stil doesnt feel real, I wil be glad once w eare there. xx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:31 am
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Been and sent hubbys spouse visa app today. God its worrying isnt it Hope ive done it all ok. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Lx
Old Feb 7th 2008, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyk
Been and sent hubbys spouse visa app today. God its worrying isnt it Hope ive done it all ok. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Lx
Will do Lolly.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

its defo fate chick. It wil all work out. OH and I loked @ buying a house in UK then it fell through due to structual probs, lost over a grand. But we wil look @ houses to buy in Oz, ned to save some cash fits though when we get there and settle. W are not flying until July and I have until Nov to apply for my spouse. I cant celebrate yet , wont untiul get my passport and flights are booked - it stil doesnt feel real, I wil be glad once w eare there. xx
Funny, we put our house on the market in october to get a bigger one in the UK and took it off again because we couldn't find one! Then my gran passed away (wouldn't have gone to Oz as long as she was here, couldn't have taken the kids away) and we thought why not? Got my passport no probs, kids cbd easily, have spent days organising bloody spouse visa but by the sound of things it should be pretty straightforward. I think fate has a big hand to play in it.

My theory is though, if your relationship can stand all the garbage you have to get together for your spouse visa, and sell your house at the same time, that should be evidence enough that you are going to stay together through thick & thin!

Tommorrow is my birthday, house is going up for sale and visa application away. Best birthday pressie I could get if house sells and visa application sorted within a couple of weeks!

Thats me up till one in the morning again, can't sleep anyway - too excited

Good luck to all!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

smellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nicesmellycat28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shelld81
To be honest I'm expecting it to take at least a month! Have you had your UK checks done yet? How long did they take? I asked a friend of mine but she applied about this time last year and they took five weeks!

Wishing you the best of luck anyway, I'm not in too much of a rush and I'm stressed enough!
We sent off for my husbands police check on 8th January. Got the scottish one back on the 16th, but they said they would forward the application to scotland yard for national records. Haven't had anything back from them yet (4 weeks ago) but we're sending off application with scottish police check and if they request national one it should be here by then. Hope Ozzie ones are a bit quicker for you! I read somewhere on the Australian high commission website that UK police checks normally take 49 days, so not holding my breath.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smellycat28
Funny, we put our house on the market in october to get a bigger one in the UK and took it off again because we couldn't find one! Then my gran passed away (wouldn't have gone to Oz as long as she was here, couldn't have taken the kids away) and we thought why not? Got my passport no probs, kids cbd easily, have spent days organising bloody spouse visa but by the sound of things it should be pretty straightforward. I think fate has a big hand to play in it.

My theory is though, if your relationship can stand all the garbage you have to get together for your spouse visa, and sell your house at the same time, that should be evidence enough that you are going to stay together through thick & thin!

Tommorrow is my birthday, house is going up for sale and visa application away. Best birthday pressie I could get if house sells and visa application sorted within a couple of weeks!

Thats me up till one in the morning again, can't sleep anyway - too excited

Good luck to all!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and good luck with your visa!

You're right, you don't realise what you can cope with in life till you have to deal with all this! I think that's why immi do it - if you're put off by the paperwork, they know you're not serious!
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:42 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! and good luck with your visa!

You're right, you don't realise what you can cope with in life till you have to deal with all this! I think that's why immi do it - if you're put off by the paperwork, they know you're not serious!

TRUE TRUE!! X
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:29 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hi!!

How's everyone going? I'm here counting down the days with nothing left to do except pack my suitcase! I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear from crown about our stuff being shipped. I'm sure she said she'd contact us to let us know when it was leaving the UK?? Might have to give them a call!!

Happy Birthday Smellycat!! Hope you have a good day!

Good Luck to all those who are waiting their visa's

Anyway just popped in to say hello, off to Swansea today to see my husbands family.

Bye for a bit
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

LittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really niceLittleHobo is just really nice
Question Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hello.

I am think i may have asked a similar question in this post, but as the thread is so long and my computer is not that quick i thought it might be best to just post again.

I am now in Aus with my British boyf who is here on a perm residency. I am going to be applying (shortly) for an onshore spouse defacto visa - subclass 801 and 802.

I have had a quote back from a migration expert and her fees are coming in at $2000 +, which with the app fee and other bits like meds and police checks is turning out to be quite expensive.

I have been toying with the idea of doing it all myself and gathering all the info i need as the website is pretty helpful.

I was just wondering how many other people have done it alone and what have the results been?

Quick info about me - am currenlty here on a WHV which was validated in December just gone. Been with fella for just under three years, have lived together on paper since Feb 2007, shared no bills (rent or anything else) but i do have transfers from my bank to his. Set up a joint uk bank account in July-ish 2007. Have got holiday receipts from as far back as March 2006. Came to Aus, currently living with friends but have opened a joint bank account early Jan 2008.

I think i have enough evidence to prove our relationship is genuine??? What do you think? (oh and no police record and am healthy - apart from spleenectomy in 1983 but dont think that will be a problem?).

Thanks for taking time to read if you have got this far.

Kate x
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by LittleHobo
Hello.

I am think i may have asked a similar question in this post, but as the thread is so long and my computer is not that quick i thought it might be best to just post again.

I am now in Aus with my British boyf who is here on a perm residency. I am going to be applying (shortly) for an onshore spouse defacto visa - subclass 801 and 802.

I have had a quote back from a migration expert and her fees are coming in at $2000 +, which with the app fee and other bits like meds and police checks is turning out to be quite expensive.

I have been toying with the idea of doing it all myself and gathering all the info i need as the website is pretty helpful.

I was just wondering how many other people have done it alone and what have the results been?

Quick info about me - am currenlty here on a WHV which was validated in December just gone. Been with fella for just under three years, have lived together on paper since Feb 2007, shared no bills (rent or anything else) but i do have transfers from my bank to his. Set up a joint uk bank account in July-ish 2007. Have got holiday receipts from as far back as March 2006. Came to Aus, currently living with friends but have opened a joint bank account early Jan 2008.

I think i have enough evidence to prove our relationship is genuine??? What do you think? (oh and no police record and am healthy - apart from spleenectomy in 1983 but dont think that will be a problem?).

Thanks for taking time to read if you have got this far.

Kate x
If your case is starighforward and you have no med or police issues do it all yourself!! It al seems like hardwork, but it really isnt.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

If your case is starighforward and you have no med or police issues do it all yourself!! It al seems like hardwork, but it really isnt.
Yes I agree - I think you will be fine doing it on your own. Once you get stuck in it's not too bad. Sounds like your case is simple enough and you obviously understand what they are after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.