Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Congratulations to everyone who has had their visas recently.

I have a question with our application.

My hubby and I run our own ltd company here in the uk from which be both draw a minimum salary (so that we dont pay much tax) then dividends as and when we need to. Therefore our payslips show a really low salary. When we move over to Oz my hubby will be the one out working and I will be a stay at home mum. We will have at least £150k form the sale of our house to take with us.

Do you think this is going to be ok as although I am the one doing the sponsoring, he is the one supporting us financially. Is anyone else in the same situation? I as thinking that a statement attached to the application explaining our situation would be ok????

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Lolly
Old Oct 1st 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Lolly - my OH also has his own company and takes out minimum wage. As supporting evidence we sent his P60 from the last time he had a salaried job and in the section that said how much money will you be taking into the country, put in the figure that we would expect to gain in equity from our house sale. I was going to attach a statement about how OH would support me but completely forgot and still got confirmation of visa acceptance so I wouldnt worry about it too much!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

melbourne07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lolly...

Originally Posted by lollyk
Congratulations to everyone who has had their visas recently.

I have a question with our application.

My hubby and I run our own ltd company here in the uk from which be both draw a minimum salary (so that we dont pay much tax) then dividends as and when we need to. Therefore our payslips show a really low salary. When we move over to Oz my hubby will be the one out working and I will be a stay at home mum. We will have at least £150k form the sale of our house to take with us.

Do you think this is going to be ok as although I am the one doing the sponsoring, he is the one supporting us financially. Is anyone else in the same situation? I as thinking that a statement attached to the application explaining our situation would be ok????

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Lolly

I was in a very similar situation to you as I sponsored my husband and like you once we are in oz he will be the only one working.

When we completed the application in July, I was asked to provide 3 recent payslips which showed me as drawing a full salary one month and only a part time salary the other 2 months. As I wasn't earning a particularly great salary even when i was full time, i was also worried, but they granted our visa without any further questions about financial support.

If you are worried however, could you include evidence of those dividends to show that you are actually earning more? As I said though, they didn't seem to mind that my salary wasn't great, they certainly didn't ask me anything more about it.

hope that puts your mind at rest.
Cal
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, I'm not too sure how relevant the question is. Just include it in your relationship statement about how you support each other financially. When I get to oz we'll be homeless and jobless, so it's all irrelevant anyway.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Yeah, I'm not too sure how relevant the question is. Just include it in your relationship statement about how you support each other financially. When I get to oz we'll be homeless and jobless, so it's all irrelevant anyway.
Tell me about it ... nowhere to live and nowhere to work!!!! arghh!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by melbourne07
Tell me about it ... nowhere to live and nowhere to work!!!! arghh!!!
Actually we will have somewhere to live, my Aunt will put us up as long as we need, but it's not the same is it.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

Actually we will have somewhere to live, my Aunt will put us up as long as we need, but it's not the same is it.
no i agree, we've got an offer to stay in a friends place too but just want our own!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

how much do you think it will cost to set up home - a new car each (well not new new but you know what I mean), new white goods and mainly new furniture etc.........??? My OH keeps telling me I cant have a car as we will only be able to afford one........
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks guys
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RachelH
how much do you think it will cost to set up home - a new car each (well not new new but you know what I mean), new white goods and mainly new furniture etc.........??? My OH keeps telling me I cant have a car as we will only be able to afford one........
Don't know about cars and that and depends on how up-market you want your furniture. Fantastic Furniture have some good package deals.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Second what Mark has said about Ffantastic Furniture. We kitted out the whole house for around $2300 - beds, mattress, drawers, tall boy, dining table, coffee table 2 x 2 seaters, tv cabinet. It's not exactly my taste - but we didn't want to spend a lot on furniture for a house that isn't ours, if that makes sense. We are going to start looking for our own place just after Xmas, as are lease will be up in May, once we're in out own place, we'll start replacing things bit by bit.

As for cars Rachel, we picked up an Excel & a Daewoo for $10k (total!), obviously they are not brand new cars, but once again just to get us started. I have my eyes on a Toyota Yaris, brand new they are around $17k I believe... I can live in hope! Thing is, I would go out & spend the money on a nice car, but OH is so hell bent on putting EVERYTHING from our house sale in the UK down on our new house... I suppose it's good that one of us think like that though!

White goods, Good Guys are pretty good - they always knock money off for cash, & if you buy a few things from them, you should get a good deal.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of

Join the club!!!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 2:50 pm
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

You can get a small, new Honda Jazz for around $16,000 with 12 months standard insurance included-thats what well be getting to start with much to OH's disgust He thinks it's a bit of a hairdryer...I told him he can upgrade later when hes making his millions
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Got the passport back today - one week after sending it off with the sticker in it!!

Funnily enough - they also sent back some of the supporting evidence - the stuff that I sent to prove we were partners such as bank statements, utility bills, copies of invites t places. And they strangely sent back three of my four passport photos and one of OHs - anyone else had this?
Old Oct 3rd 2007, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

oliver85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the passport back today - one week after sending it off with the sticker in it!!

Funnily enough - they also sent back some of the supporting evidence - the stuff that I sent to prove we were partners such as bank statements, utility bills, copies of invites t places. And they strangely sent back three of my four passport photos and one of OHs - anyone else had this?
Just a belated CONGRATULATIONS RACHEL!!!!! It's (still) Oliver's other half here, Shelley. We were away when your brilliant news came through - that was ridiculously fast! After all that effort you put in you think they'd at least pretend like they read it... (jokes). I think the fast turnaround was pure karma for actually starting this thread - you're certainly the second best thing that ever happened to me (after Oliver). Every time I think I've got a question I just look back through the thread and it's already been answered. Except one - who do we contact to get police checks done in Australia? I know other people have had to do this bit too...
Once again... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.