Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Sep 26th 2007, 1:21 am
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

ok great - was planning on 2.

Cheers
Old Sep 26th 2007, 2:13 am
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
I have posted off my application today.

Everyone wish me luck!! How long do you think it will take? I sent my passport with it to hopefully hurry things along..........

I am going to be on tenterhooks from now on!!!

How exciting! Good luck! Bet you'll have it back in no time.....
Old Sep 26th 2007, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Good question about the police checks,look forward to someone answering as its something i was thinking about.I will hopefully be in the same boat as yourself but would i need an oz police check if onshore for a few months following our wedding and sorting out stage two
Answer from Immi was - they already have them onfile so we just need to get oz ones since we've been here since April already.
We do have to provide cert copies of passports and birth certs and the like again plus form 888 whatever that is
Old Sep 26th 2007, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RachelH
I have posted off my application today.
Good Luck!!

I reckon next thursday(oct)! place yer bets!!
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Phoenix
Answer from Immi was - they already have them onfile so we just need to get oz ones since we've been here since April already.
We do have to provide cert copies of passports and birth certs and the like again plus form 888 whatever that is
Form 888 is a form (get it from immi.gov.au) that you get your friends or family to fill in to say your relationship is genuine and ongoing. Its only 2 pages long and is quite straightforward (relatively speaking!). Good if you can get Aussies to do it for you (like in-laws, Aussie mates etc), but if not I think you can get it filled in by anyone who knows you.
The people who fill it in must submit certified copy of their claim to be an Aussie (passport, birth cert etc).
Good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:49 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Hey I just saw on another thread that Munchmel who went to the Sunshine Coast has gone back to the UK - she hasnt been on this thread for ages - will have to send her a PM - what a shame that it didnt work out.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:53 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the pursers
Form 888 is a form (get it from immi.gov.au) that you get your friends or family to fill in to say your relationship is genuine and ongoing. Its only 2 pages long and is quite straightforward (relatively speaking!). Good if you can get Aussies to do it for you (like in-laws, Aussie mates etc), but if not I think you can get it filled in by anyone who knows you.
The people who fill it in must submit certified copy of their claim to be an Aussie (passport, birth cert etc).
Good luck!
Mine were completed by poms and didn't supply any identity documents for them. They were also witnessed by 1. Building Society Manager 2. Nurse
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:11 am
Just Joined

Jackaroo is an unknown quantity at this point

I just wrote in another thread, but looks like you're the people to see for this one!!

Hi there, I'm hoping to get to Sydney in hte next few weeks with my Oz husband and our son.... but was under the impression (from someone who immigrated a long time ago!), that I just all the stuff together and rocked up at Australia House. Now I read there's up to 12 weeks processing.

Any ideas? Is it worth going in person? I'm pretty desperate to get the visa before Dec 19th - whaddya think?!

Thanks for any and all replies, and good luck to all of you!

J
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:45 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jackaroo
I just wrote in another thread, but looks like you're the people to see for this one!!

Hi there, I'm hoping to get to Sydney in hte next few weeks with my Oz husband and our son.... but was under the impression (from someone who immigrated a long time ago!), that I just all the stuff together and rocked up at Australia House. Now I read there's up to 12 weeks processing.

Any ideas? Is it worth going in person? I'm pretty desperate to get the visa before Dec 19th - whaddya think?!

J
HI Jackaroo - I think you can apply in person but not sure if you have to make an appointment or not. And I dont know if they would give you teh visa there and then as dont forget you have to have a medical and get your police checks and stuff done as well. Ask away - lots of people on here have already got their visas - and I sent my appn form off yesterday so we will see how long it takes to come back - should give you an idea of the time scales involved!

Cheers
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Thanks Rachel (can you tell I was hanging out for an answer??)... I've got our medicals Saturday week, you just turn up and take a ticket, that much I know, but I didn't cotton on to needing the police stuff... oh good grief, I think I've really messed this up. Right, just have to stay calm til I get home and can go through everything again...

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and yes, will look out for your news too!

J
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:52 am
BE Enthusiast

drop me a PM with your questions and I'll do my best to help you out.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 1:58 am
Just Joined

PM?!

Thanks, i really appreciate it. You'll problem get something from me in the middle of the night when I've finished writing my list.
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Rachel (can you tell I was hanging out for an answer??)... I've got our medicals Saturday week, you just turn up and take a ticket, that much I know, but I didn't cotton on to needing the police stuff... oh good grief, I think I've really messed this up. Right, just have to stay calm til I get home and can go through everything again...

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and yes, will look out for your news too!

J
Don't forget the police checks can take up to 40 days, so I'd get them requested ASAP.

My wife's visa was granted two weeks after we sent it off in June, so I think you still have plenty of time. Rachel should be able to tell you soon how long they are taking at the moment
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

PM?!

Thanks, i really appreciate it. You'll problem get something from me in the middle of the night when I've finished writing my list.
go up to the private messages section top right - click on compose and use RachelH as the recipient - will try and answer asap!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:42 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

J

I believe that you used to be able to go to Aus House and wait whilst it was issued but that they stopped doing this a few years back. If you send off now for police check you should get it back in time to front load all by post and then may only take 3-4 weeks for grant so before Christmas may yet be possible..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.