Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Kristy, don't so much get the Muriel thing, but I do get asked about 'throwing another shrimp on the barbie...' Truth is, I've never thrown a flippin' shrimp anywhere - never mind a barbie! lol ! TBH, I've lost most of my accent- don't drag my words on as much as I did - if you know what I mean!
And WHY OH WHY, do people think they can do a great Aussie accent - get over it, you can't !!!
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Ohhh good luck Joolz!!! Get that application sent and wait with meeee!!
Will do! Us Chippenham'ers need to stick together! (not really from Chippenham but I work there!)
Old Apr 18th 2007, 1:48 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by charb
Kristy, don't so much get the Muriel thing, but I do get asked about 'throwing another shrimp on the barbie...' Truth is, I've never thrown a flippin' shrimp anywhere - never mind a barbie! lol ! TBH, I've lost most of my accent- don't drag my words on as much as I did - if you know what I mean!
And WHY OH WHY, do people think they can do a great Aussie accent - get over it, you can't !!!
I know! We don't even say shrimp!!! urghhhh does me right in that one does!! lol I've lost my accent according to my family back home - they tell me I sound like a pom!!! On the phones at work it's even been said I sound like I'm from wiltshire - WTF!!?? lol

Originally Posted by Joolz
Will do! Us Chippenham'ers need to stick together! (not really from Chippenham but I work there!)

You do?? Small world and all that! You might drive past my house every day then (unless you catch the train of course!!) as my house is on the main road into Chippenham!! I'll wave out my bedroom window if you beep in the morning
Old Apr 19th 2007, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

On the phones at work it's even been said I sound like I'm from wiltshire - WTF!!?? lol

And their point is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
Old Apr 19th 2007, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by charb
Also there is not one Autralian accent.Rather like in UK there are regional differences and so many different ways English is spoken due to the many differing acents/countries of origin. My Aussie Oh has lost his accent.He lived away for 16 years and during that time his family here would say `You sound like Prince Charles` when speaking to him on the phone.Now he`s home people often don`t relaise he`s Australian. We laugh and saty the expensive elocution classes worked then.Our eldest son gets teased a lot at school for his `BBC`English accent.They ask him to say things like`4 O`clock,time for tea` and he does not understand why they are laughing-well he`s never heard anyone in England say that.Anyway he`s remedying it fast by adopting a Simpsons accent-oh dear!

Last edited by Wilgar; Apr 19th 2007 at 12:11 pm. Reason: added more info
Old Apr 19th 2007, 2:47 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wilgar
On the phones at work it's even been said I sound like I'm from wiltshire - WTF!!?? lol

And their point is???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

ermmm that I don't sound like an Aussie I suspect
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:46 pm
fin
heading home

Where's everyone gone?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Where's everyone gone?
Here!!

Are you still worrying?
Old Apr 19th 2007, 7:03 pm
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by RachelH
Here!!

Are you still worrying?
you know me so well!!! I'm not worrying as such (ok I am) I'm nervous and excited!! I've been refreshing hubby's e-mail address allll day I rang the bank this morning and they've taken and authorisation for the amount as only had a certain amount left to spend on my card..... but I'm that obsessed I rang again in the afternoon just to make sure I heard right

I'm thinking positively, but I just want to receive some sort of contact from them to say 'We've got it, we're processing it and everythings going to be ok'
Old Apr 20th 2007, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

you know me so well!!! I'm not worrying as such (ok I am) I'm nervous and excited!! I've been refreshing hubby's e-mail address allll day I rang the bank this morning and they've taken and authorisation for the amount as only had a certain amount left to spend on my card..... but I'm that obsessed I rang again in the afternoon just to make sure I heard right

I'm thinking positively, but I just want to receive some sort of contact from them to say 'We've got it, we're processing it and everythings going to be ok'
I'm telling you - I bet you have it by the end of April.........

I will be the same - so be prepared to give me emotional support some time in June!!!!! When I finally get round to it! (going on holiday in May so didnt want to send off my passport!)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:29 pm
fin
heading home

I Will Rachel

I have a Q

We've heard from our CO. They have requested form 80 & 886

did anyone else have to fill these out and does anyone know what they are for? I have searched the forums and it seems it is to do with stage 2?? I'm confused and slightly worried (as usual)
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Form 886 is jus about where you plan to settle I think, isnt it? I dont think theres anything to worry about, I reckon they just want the information for statistical purposes but I could be wrong of course.

Dont know about form 80......were they on the checklist of ones you were supposed to send? THey cant have been or you would have already sent them hey!!
Old Apr 20th 2007, 12:50 pm
fin
heading home

Well it was on the checklist on the back page but it said only if requested in brackets.

The only prob is, it asks for passport number and we've sent his passport in! we e-mailed and he said to fill it out as best we can.
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kristy (and everyone else) - what do you think about the water shortages and has it made you think twice about going to Aus????
Old Apr 20th 2007, 1:25 pm
fin
heading home

Well I have been thinking about this and have been worried, and then I thought 'What if they start not letting people migrating to the areas who are bad with the water shortage' as I would do in that worrying head of mine!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.