Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:44 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Thanx joolz,
It looks like from your timeline that yours came back really quick, hopefully mine will too!!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 1:56 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

I think they might have been waiting for me to get married too - Kristyhans came back even faster!
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by penky
Hello everyone!!

guess what! have finally sent off my application today - what a relief!!! Im so glad its finally done (well for now anyway!!! )
HaHa now the fun begins
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Hello everyone!!

guess what! have finally sent off my application today - what a relief!!! Im so glad its finally done (well for now anyway!!! )
Good luck Penky.... fingers crossed for you
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Joolz
I had to wait a week between x-ray and medical in Bristol (apparantly to give the x-ray people chance to post it to the medical people). I guess if you are getting them both done in the same building you might be able to do them together?
My wifes Drs appointment was the day after the xrays. He didn't need the xrays to do the medical, but he couldn't send it all off until he had them.
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:19 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John50
HaHa now the fun begins
Originally Posted by medwaymark
Good luck Penky.... fingers crossed for you
Thanks guys!! it feels great to actually have sent if off finally!!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all. Can I join the circle too?
I am the Aussie and OH is the brit we have 4 kids and are hoping to go to Melbourne at the end of June next year. I have never been to Australia since my parents returned to England when I was 3 but I can't wait to go back. I am going for mine and the kids Aussie passports at the end of the month and then we can tackle OH visa which after reading these posts seems a lot to get done but with all the great advise on here am sure it will be a lot easier than I first thought. Any suggestions on which passport office si best to use? I live near Bolton in Lancashire so both not that close!
Great forum by the way
Old Jul 18th 2007, 10:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sloane46
I am the Aussie and OH is the brit we have 4 kids and are hoping to go to Melbourne at the end of June next year. I have never been to Australia since my parents returned to England when I was 3 but I can't wait to go back. I am going for mine and the kids Aussie passports at the end of the month and then we can tackle OH visa which after reading these posts seems a lot to get done but with all the great advise on here am sure it will be a lot easier than I first thought. Any suggestions on which passport office si best to use? I live near Bolton in Lancashire so both not that close!
Great forum by the way
Can't help with the passport office I'm afraid. Mine was a renewal so did it through the post.

Just wanted to welcome you really. The spouse visa is supposed to be one of the easiest to apply for, so don't be afraid to do it yourself. Plenty of free advice on here.

Good luck!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:05 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

My OH's app is going off next week-just waiting for payday!

Thought we would have to wait for another month for a police check to come back for his non-migrating 16 yr old son but Aus House just emailed me to say it's not needed after all yay!

Good luck to everyone applying now
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:12 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Great forum by the way
I renewed my Aussie passport a couple of years back in London-not sure how applying for the 1st time differs. I can however tell you that I had a lengthy wait on the day-4 hours. Also when doing the passport photos uk booth ones are no good-you will need to go to a photo shop and specify they are for Aussie passport. I stupidly got booth ones to start with and cut them to the size I thought they wanted and then got sent back out to get new photos which added another hour to the day
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Great forum by the way
Hi and welcome sloane 46! I would say that Edinburgh will probably have shorter queues as everyone goes to London - having siad that my OH went to London to get our kids done and was there about 2 hours I would say.

I need to ask a question to everyone!! What is the name of the police check form that I need to get from the police station - do I fill it out there and then or do it at home and send it off, how does it work? I finally got my new renewed uk passport back yesterday so I'm ready to start the ball rolling!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:28 am
Up Around the Bend

[QUOTE=sloane46;5073796]Hi all. Can I join the circle too?
QUOTE]
welcome!!

Originally Posted by JoolsB
My OH's app is going off next week-just waiting for payday!

Good luck to everyone applying now
its exciting isnt it!!
Old Jul 19th 2007, 12:30 am
Up Around the Bend

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi and welcome sloane 46! I would say that Edinburgh will probably have shorter queues as everyone goes to London - having siad that my OH went to London to get our kids done and was there about 2 hours I would say.

I need to ask a question to everyone!! What is the name of the police check form that I need to get from the police station - do I fill it out there and then or do it at home and send it off, how does it work? I finally got my new renewed uk passport back yesterday so I'm ready to start the ball rolling!

subject access form, well thats what there called in scotland,
think everywhere is different, some police places let you download the form online, I went into my local station, took it home and filled it in then sent it back to the regional office,
if you phone your local station they will tell you im sure
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

subject access form, well thats what there called in scotland,
think everywhere is different, some police places let you download the form online, I went into my local station, took it home and filled it in then sent it back to the regional office,
if you phone your local station they will tell you im sure
We had to phone the county HQ. Think they sent us a form and we sent it off with ID. This is in Kent. Just say you need a police check for emigration, sure they'll know what you need.
Old Jul 20th 2007, 9:21 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Hey all! What an awesome site! Here I was thinking I would have to take a day off work to go into Australia House to ask questions when I can do it from home!

Anyway enough flattery, I am Tim and this is Emma *points* I am Australian and Emma is Irish, we are both 23 and have been together for 13 months, living together for the past 11 minus the 2 months when I went home to apply for dual Italian citizenship so I could come back to blighty to be with my girl as my working holiday visa was due to expire.

We live in London and Emma is about to enter her final year at uni. We are intending on moving to Australia in 12 months time with Emma on a defacto spouce visa (47SP). We have printed off all the forms and everything we need already now it's just a matter of getting everything together over the next 10 months or so. We currently live in a house with 2 other people and unfortunately I am not on the lease but we are moving in the next month into our own place where it will just be us on the lease and all bills will be in our name to use as evidence. We have evidence of the past 10 months through bank statements to this address and the like.

My main concern about applying for the visa is having enough evidence to support the application. I have noticed alot of people on the forum are a bit older than we are and have wills, mortgages, joint investments which aren't really in the agenda of a young aussie bloke and his student missus. We have however opened a joint bank account but at the same time have kept our own individual accounts as Emma has a student loan and I work full-time. We will both be adding money to the account to cover joint expenses like the shopping and bills.

So that's us, it's still a long way off but at the speed at which life is passing before my eyes it won't be long at all. Just thought I would introduce us as I will no doubt be an active member over the next 12 months. Any suggestions anyone can make are very welcome.

Cheers, Timbo & Emma.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.