Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jul 9th 2007, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I'll go and have a read of it, but I thought it said something like for foreigners, it isn't actually classed as a Statutory Declaration because they have no jurisdiction outside Australia. I think it actually says somewhere too that outside Australia a similarly qualified person can witness.
Just checked and it says all that at the top, right side of the form. The one I'm reading is dated 04/07.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

you can get a list of UK equivalent public notaries from the London contact centre.
I did have one and was going to put it on here, but cannot find it - helpful eh
I emailed them and they took a few days to get back to me with the list attached.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Wilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really niceWilso16 is just really nice

I have tattoos and the most recent was done last October time and I when I had my meds done and I didn't have to any extra tests done.
The nurse just said that they usually don't bother unless they look a bit scabby!!

Think everywhere is going to have different procedures and it depends how much money they want to make of you!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wilso16
I have tattoos and the most recent was done last October time and I when I had my meds done and I didn't have to any extra tests done.
The nurse just said that they usually don't bother unless they look a bit scabby!!

Think everywhere is going to have different procedures and it depends how much money they want to make of you!
Cheers Wilso! I had to have the Hep B and C extra blood tests on Friday coz I have 2 tattoos! Scabby eh!!!!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by medwaymark
I'll go and have a read of it, but I thought it said something like for foreigners, it isn't actually classed as a Statutory Declaration because they have no jurisdiction outside Australia. I think it actually says somewhere too that outside Australia a similarly qualified person can witness.
Found the list of who can certify in the UK in case you need it...let me know if you do and I'll type it in for you!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

It's gone quiet on here lately!

I'm still waiting for my passport to be posted back with my visa in it... any day now I've been told...

What's everyone else up to ?
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Joolz
It's gone quiet on here lately!

I'm still waiting for my passport to be posted back with my visa in it... any day now I've been told...

What's everyone else up to ?
Hi Joolz - I am just waiting for renewed UK passport to come back then I am going to get on with it and book my medicals etc..........quite scared about the whole application process!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:00 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
Hi Joolz - I am just waiting for renewed UK passport to come back then I am going to get on with it and book my medicals etc..........quite scared about the whole application process!
Hi Rachel................. C x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by shiels
Hi Rachel................. C x
Stop teasing us!!! How is it going!!! Is it fab, do you love it, has it been really hard.......oh PLEASE tell us how its been so far!!!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Can you tell I'm keen to find out how Shiel's experience has been so far!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:05 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Stop teasing us!!! How is it going!!! Is it fab, do you love it, has it been really hard.......oh PLEASE tell us how its been so far!!!
Lets just say the jurys still out................but then it is still very early days. Been here 3 weeks now!!! Still debating whether to do an update post or not.

Hows it going with you? C x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

all is fine here. I've just sent off to renew my UK passport as it only has just under a year on it and once its back I'm going to sort the visa app out once and for all, I cant keep putting it off!

Anyway lets not talk about me, lets talk about you!!! I can imagine its tough the first few weeks as it will all be so different.......how are the prices and stuff? Does it seem expensive?

Anyway - plesae please do an update, I am sure everyone is on tenterhooks waiting for one!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:16 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

all is fine here. I've just sent off to renew my UK passport as it only has just under a year on it and once its back I'm going to sort the visa app out once and for all, I cant keep putting it off!

Anyway lets not talk about me, lets talk about you!!! I can imagine its tough the first few weeks as it will all be so different.......how are the prices and stuff? Does it seem expensive?

Anyway - plesae please do an update, I am sure everyone is on tenterhooks waiting for one!
House prices...scary!!! Havent seen a decent house under $460,000 but thats in the areas weve chosen. Houses may be available under that in a different area

I will try and put an update together soon...........

Where about in QLD are you heading again, remind me? C x
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Will be Windsor in Brisbane to start with where OH's sister lives, then probably a bit further out once we buy somewhere as house prices there are crazy, I was just looking at some auction result prices for that area and 4 bedroom houses are going for up to $900,000, how ridiculous! Plus as I have three kids, I did really want 5 bedrooms so we coudl have a guest bedroom. I really need to win that lottery soon........

What about jobs and schools and stuff for you or are you waiting a while? Oh I CANT WAIT for the update - type faster!! Ha ha!
Old Jul 13th 2007, 10:26 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Will be Windsor in Brisbane to start with where OH's sister lives, then probably a bit further out once we buy somewhere as house prices there are crazy, I was just looking at some auction result prices for that area and 4 bedroom houses are going for up to $900,000, how ridiculous! Plus as I have three kids, I did really want 5 bedrooms so we coudl have a guest bedroom. I really need to win that lottery soon........

What about jobs and schools and stuff for you or are you waiting a while? Oh I CANT WAIT for the update - type faster!! Ha ha!
If i type an update then i will have to stop replying to you!!!!!!!! C x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.