Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by Joolz
Good news peeps - got an email from Australia High Commission today saying that I've given them enough evidence for a Permanent visa!! I've got to be there by March 23rd 2008!!!
Excellent news... well done
Old Jun 26th 2007, 11:50 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

well done mate...Computer going into storage tomorrow, so good luck everyone for the future see you all about
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:37 am
Forum Regular

chillibird is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!!

I'm new here, just started the business of applying for a spouse visa. My husband is 1st generation Aussie (so also has British passport) and I am from the UK. We met in Sydney 3.5 years ago when i was working out there. We live in Singapore at the moment but are planning to move back to Sydney in Jan next year.

Only hold up is that my OH previously made a De Facto visa application for old girlfriend (another English bird, would not believe it, huh?!) so we cannot submit anything until Oct when the 5 year wait is up. Very frustrating.

How long did it take you lot from lodging application to issue of visa??
Old Jun 27th 2007, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

Joolz will become famous soon enough

Doesn't take long if you front load your medicals and xrays; get your police checks done early 'cos they take forever to come through! Also get a joint bank account if you don't have one - wish I had done that earlier!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by chillibird

Hello!!

I'm new here, just started the business of applying for a spouse visa. My husband is 1st generation Aussie (so also has British passport) and I am from the UK. We met in Sydney 3.5 years ago when i was working out there. We live in Singapore at the moment but are planning to move back to Sydney in Jan next year.

Only hold up is that my OH previously made a De Facto visa application for old girlfriend (another English bird, would not believe it, huh?!) so we cannot submit anything until Oct when the 5 year wait is up. Very frustrating.

How long did it take you lot from lodging application to issue of visa??

hi there,

our application took around 3 weeks to approve and that was with 2 lots of requests for additional info, its not unheard of to be granted visas within a week for the defacto.

i would second the advise to get the police checks and medicals done and start collecting your info to prove you are a genuine couple.

good luck
Old Jun 27th 2007, 7:16 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't take long if you front load your medicals and xrays; get your police checks done early 'cos they take forever to come through! Also get a joint bank account if you don't have one - wish I had done that earlier!
We've been married ten years but no joint bank account though joint mortgages, insurances, utilities all that time-surely that's okay? I hope..
Old Jun 27th 2007, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

We had a hard job proving the financial part as at the time we were living with my parents and they provided the water, gas electric etc so we had nothing with both our names on for bills.

We had separate phones bills, separate banks accounts, it was a nightmare, but we managed to show a link via our individual bank statements and had my parents write a stat dec declaring what our living arrangements were.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Katehn will become famous soon enoughKatehn will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by RachelH
Ahh that would be nice!! I will be the only one of my brood having the citizenship ceremony when the time comes!

As for time though - it is v.quick. I applied for citizenship for the kids and a week later the certificates came back. OH then went to Australia House in London to hand in the passport applications and a week later they were back - they dont mess about these Aussies!!

I am hoping that when I apply for the spouse visa it will be a similar turn around time - seems to be the experience of lots of people on here.

Speaking of kids - time to feed the clan......better get off the computer!
Hi,
I have Aussie citizenship for the kids but still need to get them a passport. and renew mine! Do the kids have to go with you to Australia House do you know? Thanks Kate
Old Jun 27th 2007, 1:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi,
I have Aussie citizenship for the kids but still need to get them a passport. and renew mine! Do the kids have to go with you to Australia House do you know? Thanks Kate
Don't know about the kids. I renewed mine in January and did it through the post. I think if it has been less than 12 months since expiry, you can do it online.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Katehn
Hi,
NO - you dont need to take the kids with you.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RachelH
NO - you dont need to take the kids with you.
Would she be able to apply by post do you think?
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:50 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Good news peeps - got an email from Australia High Commission today saying that I've given them enough evidence for a Permanent visa!! I've got to be there by March 23rd 2008!!!
Hi Joolz Congratulations!!

does this mean that when you apply for your spouse visa, they might give you permanent visa in the first instance even though you only apply for a temporary visa??
prob a dumb question but i thought id ask.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 7:56 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!!
I could ask my migration agent tommorrow, but why wait!!

So far,

Have filled out both mine and hubbys application/sponsor forms
Had my medical and chest xray
Got my police check back
Gathered all my evidence - bills, joint accounts, wedding invites, photos etc
Got my stat decs from friends and family

Only thing I think we have left to do is for me and hubby to sign our stat dec in front of a solicitor which we re doin on monday,

Am i ready to send it all or have i forgotten anything???
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Thx Penky! Yes I get a permanent visa because I've (finally!) proved we've been in a de facto relationship for 5 years.

For the temporary visa I think you only have to prove 12 months

Apparantly if I had a dependant child with my OH I would have only had to prove 2 year.

To be honest I'm still not too sure what the difference between the temporary visa and the permanent one is... other than the obvious one that if you don't apply for the permanent after so long you have to leave!

I think if you get a temp visa you have to wait 2 years and if you are still together you can the get the permanent one, then after 2 years having PR you can apply for citizenship. So I guess I've saved 2 years myself wait before I can apply for citizenship. Unless they change the rules before February and make me wait 4 years, but that'd never happen!

Oh and regarding what else you need to do for your application... don't forget to write them a big cheque
Old Jun 28th 2007, 8:48 pm
Up Around the Bend

Oh and regarding what else you need to do for your application... don't forget to write them a big cheque
oh yes the big cheque!!

would i be right in thinking its about £500 ???
I feel like im oozing money right now left right and centre, och sure what s another few hundred quid!! gulps

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.