Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi again
Need to call on you all for advice. After reading all the threads it seems a lot of you frontloaded your applications with medicals. I have just been on the site for downloading the medical form and it says: "Persons applying in London can download their medical forms and present a printed copy to the panel radiologist/ doctor. All other persons should await instructions from the office where there application is lodged."
Does "applying" mean anyone from any area sending applications to London or does it mean living in London? basically I want to know if it is ok for me to use these forms as I live near Bolton.
Sorry if this seems a daft question!!
Sloane
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:16 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by charb
Well I am here ! Finally back after 9 + years of life in England. The last few days were an absolute nightmare - trying to move 7 years of 'ahem' well, crap out of our house !!! Arrange the bits & bobs (more crap to be honest!) to be shipped. Not to mention that EVERY family member wanted to spend time with us - time which we just didn't have to be honest. We didn't even have time for a leaving party as such in the end, everything was so rushed as OH lined up a job whilst on his validation trip, so we had literally 2 weeks from when he got back. We told everyone we would be in this pub at this time, love it if they could be there for farewell drinks - it was a really good day & night (my head the next day wasn't so good!!) though, glad we did it that way. After everything, we were just looking forward to taking our seats on the plane - for a rest ! We landed here after a night in Singapore on May 19, and the verdict is..... ''drumroll'' !!! .........

I am missing... Tesco (where are all BOGOF offers!! lol), Chicken Madras from the local curry house, everything being soooooo close, PG Tips (!!) & of course my nan & friends !!! But apart from that, it's pretty good !

OH started his job the following week after we arrived, & has settled into 'Aussie' life like you wouldn't believe ! You would seriously think he has been here years, not weeks. Although the Premiership hasn't started yet, so watch this space - he may be booking a ticket back - as he is football - sorry I mean 'soccer' mad !!! I lined up a part time job pretty easily.(recommend www.seek.com.au ) Our son absolutely LOVES Kinder, (he hated playschool ! Work that out ??!!) & has adjusted really well, we're currently enrolling him into his new school for Prep next Jan. We got a rental place sorted the 4th day we were here, but can't wait til' we can buy our own place, probably start looking around Xmas time.

I am finding the 'friend' aspect a little tough though, although I have my mum & sister (which I know is a lot more than what some have when the get here), I really miss our circle of friends in the UK. But expect the unexpected as they say, my new best friend could be just around corner ! lol !

So, all in all.... Glad to be back, just wish I could have bought a couple of our friends with us...

Glad to hear everyone elses apps are coming along, I have a lot of reading to do !

BTW, DO NOT recommend the airport goodbye, although it was OH's family, to watch them say goodbye to our DS, was heartbreaking. I did try to warn them all, but they never listened to me before, so why start then ??!! lol !!!

Do recommend Allied Pickfords (our 'crap' arrived last week, kristy if you're reading, cheers for the Dyson - spot on, I actually look forward to hoovering - I'm sure that will wear off though !!! lol) & Singapore Airlines, don't forget the increased luggage allowance - we had 100 kgs - 40 kgs for OH as migrating, 30kgs each for myself & DS - as returning residents.

Best of luck everyone, I remember reading 6 months or so ago, thinking I would never get back here - time goes so quick guys, so make the most of your friends & families in the UK (& tesco & curries ) while you're still there x

P.S jesus, this is like an essay - sorry !!! (told ya I had no friends yet !!)
charb - great to hear from you! Pleased it is all going well so far! What kind of job did you get? Interested as I would like to do something part time when I get there too so I'm not at home with the kids all day.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:33 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi again
Need to call on you all for advice. After reading all the threads it seems a lot of you frontloaded your applications with medicals. I have just been on the site for downloading the medical form and it says: "Persons applying in London can download their medical forms and present a printed copy to the panel radiologist/ doctor. All other persons should await instructions from the office where there application is lodged."
Does "applying" mean anyone from any area sending applications to London or does it mean living in London? basically I want to know if it is ok for me to use these forms as I live near Bolton.
Sloane
Yes its ok for you to use
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:54 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the pursers
Please, did anyone get the document from Parkes (or elsewhere!) about sending the application off (no staples/wallets etc). I'm hoping to post this week and don't want to annoy the CO by stapling and seperating in to wallets if that isn't what they want!
Any help/advice appreciated! I soooooo want to get it in the post, especially as I'm being made redundant at work...not much to stay for now!
when I sent mine off I just shoved it all in one big plastic wallet to hold it together in order, hope that helps x
Old Jul 27th 2007, 12:56 am
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloane46
Hi again
Sloane
yip use them, It means where your submitting your application and the spouse visa application is sent to london
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by penky
when I sent mine off I just shoved it all in one big plastic wallet to hold it together in order, hope that helps x
Used bulldog clips for ours. Little ones for the related things and one big one for the whole lot.
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:24 am
Up Around the Bend

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Used bulldog clips for ours. Little ones for the related things and one big one for the whole lot.
sorry, yes just remembered used a big bulldog clip to hold the wallet together, but no wee ones
Old Jul 27th 2007, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

sloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the roughsloane46 is a jewel in the rough

Thanks xx
Old Jul 27th 2007, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

charb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant futurecharb has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by RachelH
charb - great to hear from you! Pleased it is all going well so far! What kind of job did you get? Interested as I would like to do something part time when I get there too so I'm not at home with the kids all day.
Hi Rachel,

Know what you mean about being at home all day, it would drive me nuts. For the first few weeks, I didn't have a routine as such, so it was draining in a funny kind of way.

The job is sales & cust service for a storage company - I was in Travel in the UK, & it's a very similar role to what I had before. (selling storage instead of holidays though of course !!!) Anyone could do it though, & they are crying out for extra staff, so get over here now !! lol !! I do 2 x 4 hour shifts during the week (11 - 3pm) , & 1 x 6 hour shift on a Saturday(9 - 3pm), it nets us an extra $500 a fortnight, ($20 hour) & to be honest, I really don't feel like I go to work that often, if that makes sense !

Found it on www.seek.com , there were loads of part time cust service / admin jobs, but I was lucky enough to get something with such good hours. When DS starts school, I am sure they will allow me to do something like 10 - 2 pm, which will be good.
Old Jul 28th 2007, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

the pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nicethe pursers is just really nice

Thanks Pollyana, Medway Mark, Penky, and anyone else who replied with advice about how to submit the application
Pleased to say it has been sent and they have it in London now. Just the nailbiting wait to go now!
In case you are wondering, we just put it all into a big bulldog clip, kissed it and sent it on it's way with Royal Mail. It got delivered the following day despite the postal strike on that day
Ta for the tips! Will let you all know of any news....
Old Jul 28th 2007, 8:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by the pursers
Thanks Pollyana, Medway Mark, Penky, and anyone else who replied with advice about how to submit the application
Pleased to say it has been sent and they have it in London now. Just the nailbiting wait to go now!
In case you are wondering, we just put it all into a big bulldog clip, kissed it and sent it on it's way with Royal Mail. It got delivered the following day despite the postal strike on that day
Ta for the tips! Will let you all know of any news....
Good luck
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:03 am
Just Joined

tomm is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi out there,

I hope it is still allowed to join as I am going to try that hereby

My girlfriend and me are going to apply for a de-facto (309, class UF...) spouse visa in early 2008. She is Australian and we are both living in the UK. As the whole thing is a little complicated in terms of our living arrangement in the past, we have decided to wait until 2008 when we finally are able to proof 12 month of living together in one place and one country.

We are a couple since November 2005. It's not for such a long time but we've made good commitments and deem ourselves old enough to talk about "longterm".

We are and have been collecting lots of phone bills (though internet to landline calls), travel tickets, and other expense-proofs. We do have a joint bank account, joint tenancy agreement and hopefully soon joint medical insurance. Thanks to all the combined knowledge in this forum, I've tried to make list with all the things we need, like form888 and whatsoever. That's our preparation so far.

As I do still have a feeling of some shortcomings in our application (my girlfriend is only doing internships here, we live in a shared flat (with others I mean), we only started these joint financial things earlier this year, and we don't have any major common "investments" (apart from love, that is) ).

So I would like to ask for some more "things" to do, to join or else, to collect more visual proof? I've heard of joint club memberships, or magazine subscriptions....

Would it be a good idea if she registers at the Australian mission with our joint address?

Thanks again to you all, the majority of my questions have already been answered by reading this forum and this thread.

Have nice Sunday,
tomm
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:26 am
Forum Regular

struth is on a distinguished road

Hi tomm,

just wanted to welcome you

seems like you have a good base of information, you could maybe add some photos and i'm sure others will be along soon with some more suggestions.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Welcome tomm

Yes just keep collecting evidence
yes a good idea to register with the Australian mission with your joint address
and any other bodies ie local council for council tax.
Old Jul 29th 2007, 12:55 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello peeps just a little update on our progress.Got the intend to marry form thingy signed on weds in london and now have to wait for the celebrant whats yer face bloke/lady to reply with their documentation.Book the meds/pcc's and get visa sorted.Sounds like everyone's progress is going well,happy days.

Bernie and Sara.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.