Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:12 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

FINGERS CROSSED FOR JUTANG, AUSSIE CHRIS AND BECCA!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:33 pm
Forum Regular

Poppydreams is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BeccaW
Hi, do you mind if I ask what was the extra information they asked for?
and did you front load your meds and PCCs?
thanks.
Hi Becca,

They just asked for certified copies of my daughter's birth certificate and her Australian citizenship by descent certificate. We 'frontloaded' the medicals and the original police check. Also, I think my OH put the details of the dates of the x-ray and medical and who did the medicals on the section that says 'other information' just so if they had any probs locating it they knew who had done it.
However, they did ask for the medicals anyway when they asked for info about my daughter!! We wrote an email back saying that they had already received this!!!and that was the end of the matter.
I must say though, we were nervous wrecks because we did not have any contact from the case officer until this letter which we received 7 weeks after submitting the app. However, some people get an email from their case officer shortly after submitting, so I guess it all depends on who you get. Good luck!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jutang
FINGERS CROSSED FOR JUTANG, AUSSIE CHRIS AND BECCA!!
YAY!!!!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

BeccaW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Poppydreams
Hi Becca,

They just asked for certified copies of my daughter's birth certificate and her Australian citizenship by descent certificate. We 'frontloaded' the medicals and the original police check. Also, I think my OH put the details of the dates of the x-ray and medical and who did the medicals on the section that says 'other information' just so if they had any probs locating it they knew who had done it.
However, they did ask for the medicals anyway when they asked for info about my daughter!! We wrote an email back saying that they had already received this!!!and that was the end of the matter.
I must say though, we were nervous wrecks because we did not have any contact from the case officer until this letter which we received 7 weeks after submitting the app. However, some people get an email from their case officer shortly after submitting, so I guess it all depends on who you get. Good luck!
Thank you!
Old Jan 28th 2008, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

RosiePeach1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

It's been a while sorry but I just thought I'd share that I posted off my docs for the 2nd stage of my de-facto spouse visa last Thursday (going from 309 to 100) - I've heard that it can take months to process - does anyone have any experience of this??

Hope all is well with everyone and good luck to anyone who needs it!

Rosie x
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:45 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BeccaW
YAY!!!!

Hey Guys,

Mine was delivered this morning too, I rang my mum for the tracking number - Cant believe we all got ours delivered on the same day - fate eh!! WOO HOO
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:51 pm
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by Aussie_Chris
I too sent our docs off yesterday in a big silver bag. Just checked online and it seems to have been delivered ok.

My GF had her medicals done yesterday and they where very easy.

Prior to organising the tests, I rang around many places in London, to find the best price and they all seem to be around the same. Most places ask if you have a tattoo. I reluctantly said yes (its the tiniest of ones on her lower back that no one would ever see), as i did not know what the medical involved and the Dr. might require to see my GFs back at the time of the medical. As she has a tattoo, 2 extra tests are required at the cost of 60GBP. A hep B & C test.

When we met the Dr, he again asked us if she had a tattoo. We said yes and he wrote out a Blood request form and asked for the standard HIV, and HEP B & C to be done, which we where to take to the blood lab around the corner after we were finished with the Dr. We where in the Dr.s office for no more than 12 mins. My GF kept her jumper on and he never asked to see it. He would never have known had we not mentioned it.

So i guess this is just a little note to people if they want to save themselves some money and they have an inconspicuous tattoo, don't mention it.

ac.
Hey Chris,

Did you end up applying for a de-facto spouse visa or prospective marriage visa? Where did you go for the medicals?

Tim.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

mrbeardie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi agian, was speaking to my partner last night about your advice, we came to the conclusion that it's too soon to think about wedding bells and the PMV, we did not want to book a date then cancle it, as that might piss a few people off in othe immagration department, so we are thinking of the 309-100 spouse visa. we have alot on our plate at the moment with the baby on it's way and trying to sort every thing out. we got in contact with George lombard last night and he has offered his help(not to sure how much though). we do not want to go through a agency becase of the price as i had a quote of around £3000 just for my self, i thought this was expencive, certainly less stress. still chasing my tail at the moment . but all going well it should be worth it.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by mrbeardie
Hi agian, was speaking to my partner last night about your advice, we came to the conclusion that it's too soon to think about wedding bells and the PMV, we did not want to book a date then cancle it, as that might piss a few people off in othe immagration department, so we are thinking of the 309-100 spouse visa. we have alot on our plate at the moment with the baby on it's way and trying to sort every thing out. we got in contact with George lombard last night and he has offered his help(not to sure how much though). we do not want to go through a agency becase of the price as i had a quote of around £3000 just for my self, i thought this was expencive, certainly less stress. still chasing my tail at the moment . but all going well it should be worth it.
good luck guys, George wil help loads and welshtony - you will be fine!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 12:32 am
Subclass 309er

Timbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really niceTimbo-Em is just really nice

Originally Posted by mrbeardie
Sounds like you're in a bit of a pickle! Looks like your problem is around meeting the 12 month requirement for the Subclass 309. There are waivers on this requirement though; one of these applies if there is a child involved. I'm not sure if they will just take your word that the child is yours or what requirements need to be met for this but you could just ask immi. If this is relatively simple all you will need to do is prove the ongoing commitment and presto!

Good luck!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:49 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Timbo-Em
Hey Chris,

Did you end up applying for a de-facto spouse visa or prospective marriage visa? Where did you go for the medicals?

Tim.
Gday Tim

Yeah...we went for the spouse visa. Im desperate to get back home, and to try and arrange a celebrant and all the paperwork that goes with it for immigration, it would take too long. I need to be back by the middle of May and i hope my GFs spouse visa is through a month before that.

Have just read something about a second stage.... whats this about?

Have sent you a pm regarding the medical.

c.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:22 am
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Hi all, first post on here so here goes -

I'm Steve from South Wales, UK. Have visited Oz twice and met my Aussie wife there (been married over 5 years now). Always wanted to move there as I love the country but couldn't due to family reasons.

Made the decission to move there in 2008 so have applied for and got a spouse visa (subclass PR).

In the final stages of selling my house (fingers crossed it goes through).

All being well will arrive (Melbourne) early April 2008.

Then its house/job hunting time.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:52 am
Subclass 309er

Originally Posted by Aussie_Chris
Gday Tim

Yeah...we went for the spouse visa. Im desperate to get back home, and to try and arrange a celebrant and all the paperwork that goes with it for immigration, it would take too long. I need to be back by the middle of May and i hope my GFs spouse visa is through a month before that.

Have just read something about a second stage.... whats this about?

Have sent you a pm regarding the medical.

c.
With ya on that one. Will have to let me know how ya go cos i'm in the exact some boat as you, looking at applying in April though and heading home in June once the missus finishes uni.

The second stage refers to permanent residency (subclass 100). You basically stay on the 309 visa then after 2 years move to permanent residency provided you are still together etc etc. I think immi get in touch with you or you can get in touch them if you don't hear anything. Not sure how long the permanent residency goes for but after a few years you can apply for citizenship.

Once you have permanent residency getting work should be easier becuase the temp residency means you are only able to stay and work in the country legally for 2 years.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:53 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Good on ya Steve and very best wishes for your future downunder,Bernie and Sara
Old Jan 30th 2008, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Aussie_Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys

Just wanted to let you know that our details have been received and we have a case officer now.

He made contact with me today asking for more evidence of living in a defacto relationship. They made reference to our joint bank account we opened a year ago as he thought it was not sufficient as the address on the statement was mine and not also my partners. I pointed out to him that just underneath the address was both our names and the date it was opened. He apologised for the oversight and said this now goes a long way to the application. He will wait for the medical to arrive, then arrange for a phone interview for both Wendy and myself.

Alls looking good... now i just gotta find out what happens in phone interview.

c.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.