Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Staff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by Sam_Mark
Hi

Looks like i'm one in a long line to join this thread lol!

My name is Samantha and my OH is the Aussie. He was born in Sydney and had his first steps on Bondi beach (Ah ) but moved back here when he was about 3.
We have been together for 2 and a half years and moving to Australia has always been a topic of conversation. It wasn't until our recent holiday (not in Auss unfortunatly) that we gave it some real discussion.

Now we are in the first stages of doing LOADS of research before giving it the go ahead. Usual worries: how to tell the rents, what jobs to do, will we have enough money etc. He currently works for a soft drink manufaturer (excuse the spelling) and I work for my local council as a benefits assesor but with many years of admin and customer service skills. Not sure how any of this would transfer over in Oz and if I even want to as thinking it could be a good new start for both of us.

Very happy to join the Spouse Visa Circle (eventually when we get round to applying) and would welcome any help, support, criticism anyone can give us!

We have no kids (at present, want to move before we start) but will be bringing with us two lovely (at times) cats.

Feel free to ask any more
You need to look at the info about cats in Oz - they tend to have to be on a curfew as they can decimate the local wildlife. Cats are a much rarer pet in Oz than here, and are often 'house cats' never going out at all
Old Mar 27th 2007, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

Staff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RachelH
I've got a question for those who have applied for their kids Aussie passports at Australia House.

I have just been on the passports website filling in the details for first son....it asks for the certificate number for his Aus citizenship by descent cert. But there is a number at the top and then an entry number - which one is it??

And also you have to have a guarantor who is an Aus citizen to sign the backs of the photos who ISNT related to them, I was going to get my husband to do it but he obviously cant?? Anyone else had this issue?
We used our accountant, who isn't an Aus, they understand that it isn't possible here so the sort of rules you would use for a Brit passport apply
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:23 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Staff
The number you need is the one on the back of the certificate - don't know why - but they will change it for you if you've got the wrong one on the form (as Sir had)
eeek there is no number on the back of their certs??
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:46 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
eeek there is no number on the back of their certs??
OH used the number from the front of the certificate and they just changed it at Australia House..........C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 6:43 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Anyone got the link to the form that we need to fill out for tomorrows medicals for my husband??

forget that.

Is it form 26 for the medical

and form 160 for the chest x-ray??

Last edited by fin; Mar 27th 2007 at 6:54 am. Reason: because I found the forms myself!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:08 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Anyone got the link to the form that we need to fill out for tomorrows medicals for my husband??

forget that.

Is it form 26 for the medical

and form 160 for the chest x-ray??
Definately form 26 cant remember the one for the chest xray.........good luck with the meds!!!! C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:14 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sam_Mark

We have no kids (at present, want to move before we start) but will be bringing with us two lovely (at times) cats.
Ahh don't worry about bring the cats over really. I've had cats around me my whole life in Aus. Infact I think nearly every second neighbour in my street had a cat!

It's true about the wildlife and what not - frogs, lizards etc. But just keep them indoors or maybe make an outside enclosure (like my mum has for her 3 cats) You don't have to though - just what some people choose to do. Also having a bell around their neck etc to scare the birds away.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:15 am
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by shiels
Definately form 26 cant remember the one for the chest xray.........good luck with the meds!!!! C x
Thanks!

I'm so nervous and it's not even me that has the medicals!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

Tearose will become famous soon enoughTearose will become famous soon enough

can someone please tell me , do you always get interviewed at Australia Hse ??
Getting nervous just thinking about it
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:17 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Thanks!

I'm so nervous and it's not even me that has the medicals!!
The meds really are not as intrusive as you think, we didnt have to do anything like 'star jumps' like i know other members have. Dont worry he will be fine. C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:18 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Tearose
can someone please tell me , do you always get interviewed at Australia Hse ??
Getting nervous just thinking about it
For your spouse visa application?? I never even went to Australia House. C x
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

I hope not i'm so nervous at interviews
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:13 am
fin
heading home

I hope there is someone awake still as I need an answer and quick!!

My husband has just read the medical form and is concerned with Question 7. - Gastrointestinal system including hernial orifices.

Please don't laugh but he thinks this mean they lube up and check your ermm bum!!

Please someone tell me this isn't the case so my husband can get to sleep without having nightmares!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 12:09 pm
Forum Regular

No, t dosent mean that tell him to get to sleep
Old Mar 27th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

smudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant futuresmudger_scfc has a brilliant future

oops! I posted with my husbands name lol will repost the message in my usual name!!

(it's me Kristy!)

Last edited by smudger_scfc; Mar 27th 2007 at 7:55 pm. Reason: because I posted from my husbands pc under his user ID!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.