Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

That will be fine - stop worrying!!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kristyhans
So we don't need the statement from the people in the UK witnessed then? I have had people write them, sign them, date them with their contact details etc. You think that would be ok?
the UK stat decs do need witnessing.
various professional ppl can do it, eg doctor, dentist, teacher etc
doesnt need to be a solicitor.

Tracey
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:55 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Ok lol

So I have conflicting answers lol

One says the UK statements do and one says they don't

arrghhhh

and you tell me not to panic this is my life we're talking about, I'm entitled to panic

Someone help!
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
the UK stat decs do need witnessing.
various professional ppl can do it, eg doctor, dentist, teacher etc
doesnt need to be a solicitor.

Tracey
But I thought that the UK stat decs were not even part of the basic requirement but that people on here just suggested you send a couple in to support your application? Isnt it just the Aussie ones that are actually required as part of the application?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Right - I am going to check on the immigration website right now.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:18 am
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Thanks Rachel, I would do it myself but I'm at work at the moment and shouldn't even be in here! lol
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
But I thought that the UK stat decs were not even part of the basic requirement but that people on here just suggested you send a couple in to support your application? Isnt it just the Aussie ones that are actually required as part of the application?
The Aussie ones need to be signed and witnessed as they should be on the official Stat dec form and are a legal document under Australian law. Because the British Stat Decs are being sent to the Australian authorities, they are not covered by the same laws, and so it is not so important for them to be witnessed.
(NOTE - I am talking about Stat Decs for proof of rel'ship for Spouse visas ONLY, not about any other Stat Decs that may be required. )
Although it isn't essential to have Stat Decs from British sources as well as from Australian ones, they do help to create a rounded picture of the relationship - shows that the couple has friends/family in both countries that support the rel'ship.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:21 am
BE Enthusiast

http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/_pdf...ist-spouse.pdf

Kristy - this is the link to the spouse visa checklist.

It says on there:

"at least two statutory declarations Form 888 preferably from individuals who are Australian citizens" etc etc.

So you only need two. And if you have the two from Aussie citizens, then I would think you only need the certified copies of their passports.

Any more than two is not required, therefore the way I interpret it, you dont need to provide certified copies of their details.

Of course this is just my interpretation.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 12:27 am
fin
heading home

Thanks Pollyanna

You're a star! (and so are all you other lovely people who always help me in my panicked moments!)

I'm not sleeping very well at the moment and we've not even applied yet! I can't wait til it's all over and we have his visa stamped!! (If they allow him in!!)

Thanks again Rachel x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:21 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Oh No!!!

Do we need certified copies of passports of the Aus citizens who have done the stat decs??
Im pretty sure our were'nt certified, they were just copies.
We only sent in one from an Aussie as thats all we know!!!! C x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:23 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8
Hi Everyone!

Just got our VISA!!!!

It took approx 21 days including weekends for our visa to through, This included the C/O wanting some more info. We front loaded our Meds and PCC.
Me and my wife have been married for 2 years.
Just a bit of Info which might help people decide when to apply.
Off to the pub now
Gary and Vikky

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
lots of celebrating over the weekend then!!!!! C x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 2:24 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
Hey Folks,

my hubby also got his spouse visa today!!!!!! wooohooooooo
sent it on 28th feb, same day as Gary i think.
we had same c/o too!

i'm soooooo happy. heading for adelaide in june.

best of luck to you all

Tracey and Jof
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!isnt it a great feeling!!! Enjoy!!!! C x
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 3:44 am
Just Joined

cazza_79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RachelH
Congrats too to Tracey and Jof and to the Elliotts of course!!

Carrie - when are you planning to go? And whereabouts are you in the UK now? I must update the stats as there are so many of us now on here!!

We are off to Brissie too.........but not until early 08.
hi, we are going to go back to Northern suburbs of brisbane which is where i was from originally. I am going to go back with the children in Nov of this year and my husband will follow me out next feb. has anyone else dont it like this?????
we are in Hertfordshire at the moment.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cazza_79
hi, we are going to go back to Northern suburbs of brisbane which is where i was from originally. I am going to go back with the children in Nov of this year and my husband will follow me out next feb. has anyone else dont it like this?????
Hi Carrie - we are going to northern suburbs too.......probably somewhere like Windsor, wooloowin, Clayfield, somewhere like that.......I would prefer to be further out but hubby likes to be near the action!!
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 4:01 am
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by cazza_79
Hi.

We were thinking of me going back first and husband following in a months time but not sure if we'd both have to enter Aus together (as I'm the Aussie) so was wondering the same Q. Not sure if we will be doing it like this now though as thinking of having a 3 day stop over.

We're going to Northern Brissie and all. used to live in Bracken Ridge but will be going to Petrie way most prob.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.