Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Wikiposts

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Hi Rachel we are the Parkes and we are hopefully off to Brisbane (mt.cotton area) in January 2008.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Going to Queensland

RachelH latest January 08, heading for northern suburbs Brisbane.
Shiels (Claire), May 07?? heading for Tallebudgera Valley, Gold Coast.
Kristyhans, not sure when?, heading for northern suburbs, Brisbane.
Munchmel, August 07, heading for Sunshine Coast.
Scubaemma, Summer 08, heading for Brisbane (Bulimba area)
Sasswa, by end 2007, heading for Wynnum/Manly.
Thepomandozzy (Tracey), May/June 07?, heading for northern Brisbane
Staff, not sure when?, heading for either Brisbane or Mackay
Theellioots going to Bayside Brisbane - not sure when?
The Parkes - heading to Brissie (Mount Cotton area) Jan 2008

Going to Perth

Phoenix UK - going asap!
Twhurl - by end May (NB - a bloke!)

Going to Melbourne
TEarose - asap!
Charb - by end May 07
OzTennis - got a place in Melbourne - going ???

Going to Canberra

3littlefigs, heading off in May time?

Going to NSW

Wilso16 (Sophie), heading to Sydney in September 07.
Rebh (Rebecca), heading to Central Coast, end summer 07
NickH going to North Shore Sydney

Going to Tassie

GaryVFR8 by December

Going to Adelaide

Lollyk (Lauren/The Kellys) heading to Adelaide 2008

Sean (GTFC) going where?????
Haline - going where???

Already there.......

Mattand jenny in Brisbane (Zillmere)
ClareW in Brisbane (Sandgate)
Ipom in the Blue Mountains
Moneypen on the Gold Coast
Teliko 21 in Melbourne
Gigi100 in Melbourne
Dried Graze in Bendigo
Wilgar in Sydney
ElshaUK in Perth
Rancid (Natalie) in Sydney
Vineyard Man (where are you, vineyard man!!, somewhere in the Barossa or the Hunter??)
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:42 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hiya,

I'm a bit worried that I've booked the medicals too early. We applied for the police checks on Feb 28th and have the medicals booked for March 28th, if we don't have the police checks back is this going to be a problem?? Or am I worried about nothing?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough

Im pretty sure they will be back by then anyway. It dosen't take as long as they say. But you don't need the police check to do the meds. When they take grant your visa they give you 1 year to the date you got your police check or meds which ever date is first. So don't stress, enjoy the english sunshine. Spring is nearly here
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:02 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Originally Posted by 3littlefigs
Im pretty sure they will be back by then anyway. It dosen't take as long as they say. But you don't need the police check to do the meds. When they take grant your visa they give you 1 year to the date you got your police check or meds which ever date is first. So don't stress, enjoy the english sunshine. Spring is nearly here
Might be a silly Q, but when you frontload your meds, do they send the meds off to Aus House straight away? If so how do they know who it's for if we've not sent our application in yet?
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:11 pm
Forum Regular

We sent off for my hubbies police check and got confirmation of its request on the 28th Feb, and he had his chest xray today and then his and my daughters medicals are on Thurs 7th March and i was wondering what happens if you have not yet sent in the application?? i just hope the police check comes back quickly, they have taken the cash already. So we are on a similar time scale. Isnt it all a worry...
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

oh forgot to say there is a question on the meds and xray form that asks you if you have sent in your application yet, so they must be used to people doing it.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 11:51 pm
fin
heading home

Originally Posted by PARKES
oh forgot to say there is a question on the meds and xray form that asks you if you have sent in your application yet, so they must be used to people doing it.
Thanks for that, it's eased my mind slightly

Yes it looks like we're off to Brizzy around the same time and all! I'm just hoping my husband gets the visa!! Not long to go now until we apply so fingers crossed!! Good Luck to you and thanks again!

Kristy x

Last edited by fin; Mar 3rd 2007 at 12:27 am.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

Staff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by kristyhans
Might be a silly Q, but when you frontload your meds, do they send the meds off to Aus House straight away? If so how do they know who it's for if we've not sent our application in yet?
They seem to have a very efficient system at the Aus HC for storing meds that the applications are not in for - we had our meds last July, but for reasons to long and irritating to go into, the application didn't go in 'till November, and they matched them up straight away.

So worry not!!!

Staff
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

Staff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the roughStaff is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lollyk
Hi all

Just found this thread and have some q's if thats ok??

I was born in oz to £10 poms who came back here when i was 1. Just decided we want to emigrate and also found out I am entitled to dual citizenship as are my kids so just need to get hubby visa and sort out mine and kids passports.

Anyone been down to Australia house to apply for a passport? Did you have to wait long? Any advice?

Spouse visa - do the stat decs regarding relationship have to be completed and signed infront of a witness?? We run our own business so cant show proof of employment so it says to get a letter from the accountant - anyone else had to do this or know what this letter needs to say? Does my hubby need to get police ref and meds done before we put visa app in? How much do we need to prove relationship? Been married 10 years with 2 kids 8 and 5. so is joint accounts/mortgage ok?

Sorry for being a pain with these questions - have been using other forums but hardly anyone seems to be in the same situation as me>

Thanks loads for any help

Lauren
When going to Australia House, go early, take LOTS of things to entertain yourself and any kids, some food and drinks, and a lot of patience!!!

When you arrive, you take a ticket (as per supermarket deli counters) and then you wait, possibly as much as 3 hours, you can go away and come back later but if you miss your turn, you start again with a new number.

Staff
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that info 'staff' it does ease the worry, what did you have to go to australia house for?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:30 am
Account Closed

louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I have finally finished reading this thread, it has taken me all day on and off to read 20 pages.......

I would like to join the circle, I am the Aussie, my parents where £10 poms living in Clayfield, Brisbane. I returned to the UK when I was 8 and I have lived here ever since.

My husband applied for his Spouse visa at the end of 2004 and received it February 2005. We validated July 2005. I applied for Citizens by descent for my 2 boys aged 8 and 6 in 2004, however I didn't realise that they needed australian passports to go , we just used ETA visa's for them when we validated (I obviously hadn't done enough research)..

We are now in the process of trying to sell our house and then we are off, to the Bayside Area of Brisbane, OH likes Cleveland.

We are 38 and OH 41, and I now think the time is right to go, (which is why it has taken us 3 years to actually get to this point). I am very close to my family (who all now live in UK) but we want to give this a go and as they say you will never know if you don't try.

As for passports from Australia House, we live in the North West and I thought that Aus Consulate in Edinburgh would/should be less busy than London, so me and hubby did a round trip on 13th Feb, we were in and out in 30 minutes and passports arrived Feb 23rd.

All we need now is a buyer (what a scary process)

Anyway, enough already from me

Louise
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Staff
When going to Australia House, go early, take LOTS of things to entertain yourself and any kids, some food and drinks, and a lot of patience!!!

When you arrive, you take a ticket (as per supermarket deli counters) and then you wait, possibly as much as 3 hours, you can go away and come back later but if you miss your turn, you start again with a new number.

Staff
To get Sir's passport - he is an Aus Citizen by decent. The take a ticket system is only for passports, you only go for visa's if asked to come for an interview, by appointment.

Staff
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:09 am
Just Joined

daniela is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Someone please help us! I'm an Australian permanent resident, and I'm trying to get a spouse visa for my new husband. The issue is: I haven't accrued any time on my visa, and it runs out in March 2008. We live in London now, and we're thinking about doing the application on our own. But we're worried about how to get around the 'usual resident' requirement. Some agents have told us that the Australian High Commission in London is relaxed about this. Is this true????

And is it worth going through an agent to file our application? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Chantal Allam
Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:00 am
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Staff - thanks for the info re australia house. make sure i wear my comfy shoes that day then

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.