Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

3littlefigs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle - join here!

Originally Posted by PARKES
hi wondering if i could join the spouse circle, we are hopefully going to get our spouse application off this month. Just waiting for the medicals, some signed stuff and police check to come back. This circle has been a great help already!! Silly question i am the sponsor, but do i need to get a medical done??
We didn't need to get the kids done as we got citz of decent first. Saves money in the long run, but will take a bit more time.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

Littlefigs, that is quick- did you have your meds done before you sent in the application?
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

No he had them done on the 8th January. But I have heard it takes no time at all for spouse. We did send our police check in with application. We had the police check done back in Nov, which means you have to enter OZ before that date 1 year later.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:38 pm
fin
heading home

fin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nicefin is just really nice

Hiya!

I'm not back yet Still no internet connection at home so I'm at work at the moment!

Hello to all the newbies to the circle!

Well we applied for my husbands police check on Wed 28th Feb and have booked the medicals for 28th of March. They said we need form 160 or something?? whats that anyone know??

Catch up with you all soon.

Take Care

Kristy x
Old Mar 1st 2007, 9:42 pm
Just Joined

lollyk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Just found this thread and have some q's if thats ok??

I was born in oz to £10 poms who came back here when i was 1. Just decided we want to emigrate and also found out I am entitled to dual citizenship as are my kids so just need to get hubby visa and sort out mine and kids passports.

Anyone been down to Australia house to apply for a passport? Did you have to wait long? Any advice?

Spouse visa - do the stat decs regarding relationship have to be completed and signed infront of a witness?? We run our own business so cant show proof of employment so it says to get a letter from the accountant - anyone else had to do this or know what this letter needs to say? Does my hubby need to get police ref and meds done before we put visa app in? How much do we need to prove relationship? Been married 10 years with 2 kids 8 and 5. so is joint accounts/mortgage ok?

Sorry for being a pain with these questions - have been using other forums but hardly anyone seems to be in the same situation as me>

Thanks loads for any help

Lauren
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lollyk
Hi all

Just found this thread and have some q's if thats ok??

I was born in oz to £10 poms who came back here when i was 1. Just decided we want to emigrate and also found out I am entitled to dual citizenship as are my kids so just need to get hubby visa and sort out mine and kids passports.

Anyone been down to Australia house to apply for a passport? Did you have to wait long? Any advice?

Spouse visa - do the stat decs regarding relationship have to be completed and signed infront of a witness?? We run our own business so cant show proof of employment so it says to get a letter from the accountant - anyone else had to do this or know what this letter needs to say? Does my hubby need to get police ref and meds done before we put visa app in? How much do we need to prove relationship? Been married 10 years with 2 kids 8 and 5. so is joint accounts/mortgage ok?

Sorry for being a pain with these questions - have been using other forums but hardly anyone seems to be in the same situation as me>

Thanks loads for any help

Lauren
I can only answer some things.

We did send the police check in with the application and had meds booked for the week after. But it will take less time if you send them all in together.

Stat decs do need to be witnessed. Bloody pain in the neck. Also don't forget they need a copy of there passport photo, birth cert or citz.

They say you only need to prove 5 years if you are married, and I think it is only 2 if you have children. We sent in our will, mortgage this current one a something on the last place we lived. We sent in joint bill, bank statements. Marrige cert, Birth cert (these need to be witnessed) we only sent in the kids citz and they wrote back asking for proof that the children were my hubbys kids also. I think we also sent in council tax thing. Don't forget your story (stat dec from you) there is no need for them to be witnessed. We didn't send photos (just 1 so they could see us as a family, not just a number) or any social occasion stuff as we don't keep any of that, but having 3 small kids who does get out? I think that was all. I will have a think if there was anything else.

Goodluck hope it all goes to plan. Where are you thinking of going?

Donna
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:15 pm
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi and welcome

I'm in a similar situation to you as I was born in Oz and parents came back when I was <1yr. Really quick and easy to get yours and the kids Oz passports. Only hassle I had was that they wanted a name change certificate from NSW Registry as I am married - if this applies in your case, check this with Australia House and get this in advance as you only have a 2 week timeframe (I think) to get the certificate if you have put in your passport application. Our daughters also have their Australian Citizenship by Descent certificates which again are really easy and quick.

We had our statements etc witnessed by a friend who is a nurse. We just sent in some joint account statements, old letter re purchase of our first house together, utility bills. We didn't go overboard as we have been together ages, married since 1997 and have two kids together. The only additional thing was that they wanted Form 80 included as well as 40SP and 47SP.

We didn't front load my husband's spouse visa application as we were advised by Australia House not to. However, as it seems to be so quick and straight forward to get a spouse visa, I wouldn't have any hesitation to get them done and put in a full application to start with. Only thing to bear in mind is that, depending upon your timescales, the medicals and police check are valid for 12 months. (My hubbies police check came back within 2 weeks. Husband did his medical on Monday so we are now playing the waiting game and hoping for the thumbs up within the next few days/week).

HTH
Nina
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Hi Donna - Thanks for that.

We are planning on Adelaide - I was born there and think the climate sounds great. Depends on work situation tough - hubby a IT consultant so as long as we can find him work there......i'm planning on being a housemum for a while

Thanks again
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:24 pm
Just Joined

vineyard man is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I'm the Pom and the breadknife is the Aussie have been here 2yrs now on a spouse visa have been married nearly 9yrs and got my spouse visa approval letter in the post 3 days after I applied is this some of record ????
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

halina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant futurehalina has a brilliant future

Stressed up to the eyballs? I wasn't until I decided to track our medicals on the couriers website, 9 days after they were sent, only to find that they've been sent to Australia!!

This is the same Medical Company that decided to send my husbands passport recorded delivery! DIMA is now going to have to send the medicals back to London to process the visa - yet another delay. We've lost almost three weeks of application time due to the receptionists incompetence - and we only have 4 more until we are supposed to be on a plane to oz.

Oh well, at least I can relax in my nice clean house. Oh no! The shippers are coming on Wednesday, and so the house looks like a bomb site.

Sorry, I hate that I'm resorting to sarcasm, but everything seems out of my hands, and for the control freak that I am, this is the worst sort of torture.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

PARKES is on a distinguished road

bloody hell, 3 days must be a record!!

Kirstyhans, form 160 is downloadable off the DIMA website, its the form to take to the chest xray and it has to have another passport photo stuck to it.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 11:12 pm
At home in Qld

theelliotts is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vineyard man
Hi all I'm the Pom and the breadknife is the Aussie have been here 2yrs now on a spouse visa have been married nearly 9yrs and got my spouse visa approval letter in the post 3 days after I applied is this some of record ????
I think if your application is front loaded, then some people have had their visa confirmation within a couple of days.

http://www.austimeline.com/ - if you search on spouse visa applications in the UK gives you an idea.

Great that you got yours back so quickly - can't believe we are getting impatient for my husband's as we haven't even got our house up for sale yet and he needs to renew his British passport as it only has a few months left on it.........
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

Originally Posted by lollyk
Hi all

Lauren
I am keen to know about the above too! As I have got my three kids' citizenship certs and next step is to get them their Aussie passports. Just got the twins photos done today in between them trying to rip up all the displays in the shop......joy.

I am not planning to apply for the spouse visa until about June time as we dont plan to go until early next year and want the max amount of time possible to enter incase of unforeseen problems!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 3:26 am
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

ooop forgot to say hello to all the new peeps too!!! Helllooooo

Will add you all on to our stats when I'm not preoccupied with a baby squawking and twin boys wanting to watch the Wiggles (getting them into the Aussie entertainment early)

Need to know when and where you are going to add you on!!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:06 am
Just Joined

Hi Rachel
Thanks for the welcome...we are the Kellys heading to Adelaide some time 2008.
x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.