Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

I got this email from my visa agent today..

Hi Paul,

Your TRA assessment has no expiry date but to be eligible for a skilled visa you need to be working in an occupation on the SOL full time 12 out of the last 24 months and as a qualified tradesman if applying under a trade, not an apprentice.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:34 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Have you passed you're TRA? if so get your app in asap then you can change without any worry
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Thanks for the concern Paul but its long overdue that i leave.

There was 4 technicians. One left Jan'07 and was never replaced and we got busier. Another one of the technicians is off sick a lot.

Leaving 2 doing the jobs of 4 and more work than before.

For my own state of mind and happyness i need to leave.

They wont replace the guy thats left?

Plus i drive 45mins to 1 hour bumper to bumper traffic everyday :curse:.

Sometimes i feel like im going do a Micheal Douglas in falling down...only joking
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

I have not even applied.

I have the forms from my agent, paid him some cash and im getting there with the forms.

To be honest im not all that bothered at the moment.

Getting into another job is No 1.

Im going to offer to pay for my training when i apply for refrigeration jobs so up my chances of getting taken on.

SVQ 2 refrigeration and air conditoining, day release 2 years at college is £950.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:42 am
Beach Bum

paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paul76
Thanks for the concern Paul but its long overdue that i leave.

There was 4 technicians. One left Jan'07 and was never replaced and we got busier. Another one of the technicians is off sick a lot.

Leaving 2 doing the jobs of 4 and more work than before.

For my own state of mind and happyness i need to leave.

They wont replace the guy thats left?

Plus i drive 45mins to 1 hour bumper to bumper traffic everyday :curse:.

Sometimes i feel like im going do a Micheal Douglas in falling down...only joking
I know those feelings all too well.
All the best whatever you do and hope you get to see the sunnier side of life down under
Old Mar 5th 2008, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

Cheers mate

My CV is all typed up and so are the cover letters.

Im going to go out on a few jobs with my mate who runs the refrigeration business and add that on my cover letter.

Its will show i mean business i hope.

Its trying to get a day off to do this as it leaves my boss on his own

Another twist to the story is if i leave i will not be able to use my boss as a reference on my visa.

Its also in my contract that my notice is 1 week for every year of service. I have had 10 years service. In the 10 years i have been there i have never heard of anyone doing over a month.

With my boss being on his own it looks like i might make company history
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:31 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xzibit
Of course. Nothing is worth making unless it contains chocolate!!
LOL! You are soooooooo right!!!

As if we'd never guess I had a chocolate addiction!!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 12:32 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by docgp
ive got six splinters in one finger!!

is this a record??

doc

Should I ask how?!!?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 7:22 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

All quiet on the western front. Where is everyone?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ponyrama

Im still here
Old Mar 6th 2008, 8:25 am
Beach Bum

hanging on by the skin of my teeth
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:04 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul30
hanging on by the skin of my teeth
hanging on to what?
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:48 am
Beach Bum

hanging on to what?
I don't rightly know but doesn't taste too good
Old Mar 6th 2008, 6:07 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by paul30
I don't rightly know but doesn't taste too good

ewwwwww - doesnt sound to good either!!!!

Well guys I'm off for a weekend of partying and slovenliness in Manchester. Then going to the expo in Manchester on Sunday. Have a good one everybody!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I'm here!!

I've got my IELTS tomorrow.

Wish me luck, I won't be able to sleep tonight thinking about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.