Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Mar 3rd 2008, 6:00 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by paul30
yes but women age like a fine wine us men just tend to fall apart
Yeh - old musty and tastes like vinegar. Hehe.

If you lot are going out in Blackpool I wanna go too? Its ages since I was sick on the pier.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:33 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Yeh - old musty and tastes like vinegar. Hehe.

If you lot are going out in Blackpool I wanna go too? Its ages since I was sick on the pier.
now I did say a fine wine not a £2 bottle of ALDI plonk.
we really should arrange a loners night out sometime (preferably before August as I'll hopefully be in Aus by then)
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

I'm getting really confused with Paul30 and Paul76!!

People, I'm just booking my flights!!!! to Spain for my hols
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by xzibit
I'm getting really confused with Paul30 and Paul76!!

People, I'm just booking my flights!!!! to Spain for my hols
I thought it was just me

Just think, Bali is the Oz equivalent of Spain!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by nickUK
I thought it was just me

Just think, Bali is the Oz equivalent of Spain!
Only reason I go is to get some sunlight, it's dark here. Few more months until the UK's week of sun, so I need a hit or my S.A.D. syndrome is going to get worse.

I should really be saving my money for my Visa, but then I quickly decided to spend out on a holiday.

When I'm in Oz I won't need as many as the sun will already be there.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Only reason I go is to get some sunlight, it's dark here. Few more months until the UK's week of sun, so I need a hit or my S.A.D. syndrome is going to get worse.

I should really be saving my money for my Visa, but then I quickly decided to spend out on a holiday.

When I'm in Oz I won't need as many as the sun will already be there.
Good point! Just as well you're heading for Adelaide as we've been a bit lacking in sun this 'summer' in Sydney! I was speaking to a pal in Adelaide the other day who was pointing out the "35oC+ nothing but sun" for the whole week forecast.

I complain about Sydney only because I acclimatised fairly quickly in my first year and its not been as good this year. I'm ashamed to admit I start shivering at anything lower than around 15oC, and class anything other than mid-twenties as cold.

Are you going to one of the islands, or a more respectable joint on the mainland?
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nickUK
Good point! Just as well you're heading for Adelaide as we've been a bit lacking in sun this 'summer' in Sydney! I was speaking to a pal in Adelaide the other day who was pointing out the "35oC+ nothing but sun" for the whole week forecast.

I complain about Sydney only because I acclimatised fairly quickly in my first year and its not been as good this year. I'm ashamed to admit I start shivering at anything lower than around 15oC, and class anything other than mid-twenties as cold.

Are you going to one of the islands, or a more respectable joint on the mainland?
Mainland spain. I'm too old for all the Balerics. I went there when I was 20 and felt old lol. I just go to chill, and spain's cheap cheap cheap.
My last hol was a month in Oz last April, so it's about time for another.

Oh, I find anything above 10oC warm, so I'll be fine in ADL!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:08 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

But I'm still the right side of 30!!
watch it cheeky!!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:19 am
starting again.....

Hey everyone,
hope you all had a fab weekend!

I noticed there was ait of 'agesim' being discussed.
Im a 36 yr old - with the mental age of a 13 yr old!
Still have all my own teeth and hair, and other body bits!
I can still remember things, and havent started to repeat myself yet!
I worry that after being with same man for a number of years I wont find anyone still single to settle down with, especially as kids arent in my plans and most men that are single and around my age either want kids or has them already. Think Im gonna get left with all the nutters!!! LMAO!

Im also booking my hols - for end of april - need some SUN!!!
Choices are Turkey, Tunisia, Cypros or Tenerife.....dont know wheres gonna be hot enough in April......
gonna make the most of the girlie hols as wont get to do them when I bugger off on my own!

Fizz
x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Hey everyone,
hope you all had a fab weekend!

I noticed there was ait of 'agesim' being discussed.
Im a 36 yr old - with the mental age of a 13 yr old!
Still have all my own teeth and hair, and other body bits!
I can still remember things, and havent started to repeat myself yet!
I worry that after being with same man for a number of years I wont find anyone still single to settle down with, especially as kids arent in my plans and most men that are single and around my age either want kids or has them already. Think Im gonna get left with all the nutters!!! LMAO!

Im also booking my hols - for end of april - need some SUN!!!
Choices are Turkey, Tunisia, Cypros or Tenerife.....dont know wheres gonna be hot enough in April......
gonna make the most of the girlie hols as wont get to do them when I bugger off on my own!

Fizz
x
In April Cyprus is the warmest, but in May Turkey overtakes with an average 29oC.

I just booked mine for Spain on the 31st. Will only be about 19/20oC there, but I need to get away, and I know I will have another one in August time.

Oh, and you're not old don't worry.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 2:45 am
starting again.....

In April Cyprus is the warmest, but in May Turkey overtakes with an average 29oC.

I just booked mine for Spain on the 31st. Will only be about 19/20oC there, but I need to get away, and I know I will have another one in August time.

Oh, and you're not old don't worry.

Thanks for that sweetie!

the advice and the 'age' bit!

No sign of my cake yet............?!!?!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

watch this space. check back about 6pm and I may have a surprise for you!!
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:37 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

All this talk of holidays is making me restless. Once my visa app goes in (which is now looking like it will be August after 2nd attempt at vetassess) I'm gonna book a holiday - but it will be to Oz in Jan/Feb time and hopefully I'll be validating my visa at the same time.
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:38 am
beach bum

Originally Posted by paul30
now I did say a fine wine not a £2 bottle of ALDI plonk.
we really should arrange a loners night out sometime (preferably before August as I'll hopefully be in Aus by then)

yeh we should - I'm deffo up for it. Can we all stay at you place? Or do we have to go in a B&B?
Old Mar 4th 2008, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
yeh we should - I'm deffo up for it. Can we all stay at you place? Or do we have to go in a B&B?
evening all,

hope everyone had a great weekend on the pull and getting drunk!! I missed out as i was working

im up for a night out somewhere too, whos going to be the suadron leader to arrange this sorte for all us wing men and ladies??

doc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.