Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 29th 2008, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

char1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Crumbs that's a positive start! I've got a verbal job offer that's waiting to be formalised with a company in Perth. Ideally I'd love to find a room in a non-studenty sharehouse but I'm stuck until I know how much I'm earning. I've just graduated so used to slumming it!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:34 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickUK
don't forget, she should also have a weekend place in the NSW north coast for when you're not using the yacht
Can't you boys find anyone else to talk about other than me!????
Old Feb 29th 2008, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Can't you boys find anyone else to talk about other than me!????
We're just obsessed!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by xzibit
We're just obsessed!
Evening All, sorry ive not been on this week, i know you've all been missing me! NOT!

Had a major busy week, football, skiing and a major drinking session have lead to me recovering today!!! How is everyone getting along with there moves, visa's etc? The regional director is back on monday, so i'm hoping to receive a job offer and get to find out whats on offer!!!

Hope your all well

x
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:43 am
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moonstaruk
Evening All, sorry ive not been on this week, i know you've all been missing me! NOT!

Had a major busy week, football, skiing and a major drinking session have lead to me recovering today!!! How is everyone getting along with there moves, visa's etc? The regional director is back on monday, so i'm hoping to receive a job offer and get to find out whats on offer!!!

Hope your all well

x
worrying myself stupid that something could go wrong in the final stages. god Ill be a gibbering wreck if sorry when I finally get my visa
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

nathan1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got an email yesterday saying my tradeassess has been successful and i can go on to practical assessement

I aim to have about £10k to take........ hopefully

It does all seem to be moving quickly now
Old Feb 29th 2008, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

hi loners. just popping my head in so you can see i haven't disappeared! No changes this week, trying to put it all out of my mind so i can be more patient! I miss the sunshine!

anyhoo, welcome to our newest loners!
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Evening everyone... yes another night shift!?!!?

Well, Im getting worried... Ive just been reading the 'expensive' thread and Im not sure that a single person can afford to set up in Oz!?
Paul has been on there too and it seems like there are more people on there that are struggling than those that can 'get over the money situation and enjoy the sun'.
Great if you are going over there with shed loads of money, but if Im gonna struggle with a mortgage on my own in the Uk do I stand any hope in Oz??
Its making me re-think.... I either need to find myself a man to live with! a roomy to share with or win the lottery pretty damn quickly!!!!

Sleep well everyone.....

Fizz

x
I need to think this move from every possible angle.

You may think im mad but it dont bother me shelling out £3k for a visa to not go right away

Even if i do pass my TRA i wont get my visa until 2009.

Poeple on other forums are saying 'you dont come here for the money'. Thats all well and good but i have worked bloody hard for my money and i dont want end up taking a big step back in life earning poor wages, paying $$$ for a smaller home than what i sitting in right now.

I would take smaller wages in ozz no problem if i could buy a place and not struggle with mortgage payments.

Someone who has payed a mortgage for 8 years is not gonna then move to another country to rent for the rest of there life

If all goes to plan i will get the skilled independent visa, go over at the last minute and get it stamped.

When the times right or if it ever is then make a move.

I think about the number of people pouring into ozz who are pushing the price of property up and up. Supply 'n' demand and that crap. Will there ever be a right time ???

I want to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning. That way i will always get work in a hot country.

If i get a postive result from the TRA i could start that here right away.

Sorry for the doom and glome but just the way i see it.

If i never had a penny then i would go over on a sponsor visa right away.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by char1
I'm hoping to head to Perth this summer on my lonesome.
Welcome in mate.

Close the door and get the kettle on
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by paul76
I need to think this move from every possible angle.

You may think im mad but it dont bother me shelling out £3k for a visa to not go right away

Even if i do pass my TRA i wont get my visa until 2009.

Poeple on other forums are saying 'you dont come here for the money'. Thats all well and good but i have worked bloody hard for my money and i dont want end up taking a big step back in life earning poor wages, paying $$$ for a smaller home than what i sitting in right now.

I would take smaller wages in ozz no problem if i could buy a place and not struggle with mortgage payments.

Someone who has payed a mortgage for 8 years is not gonna then move to another country to rent for the rest of there life

If all goes to plan i will get the skilled independent visa, go over at the last minute and get it stamped.

When the times right or if it ever is then make a move.

I think about the number of people pouring into ozz who are pushing the price of property up and up. Supply 'n' demand and that crap. Will there ever be a right time ???

I want to retrain in refrigeration and air conditioning. That way i will always get work in a hot country.

If i get a postive result from the TRA i could start that here right away.

Sorry for the doom and glome but just the way i see it.

If i never had a penny then i would go over on a sponsor visa right away.

Although I don't dispute some folk geniuinly find it more expensive, I think the 'expensive' type threads aren't necessarily giving a balanced view (as those more vocal are the ones who've found it more). I reckon a lot is caused by people not doing like for like comparisons, e.g. comparing a small town in the UK to Sydney or Melbourne (when they aren't like for like, e.g. London and Sydney). In my mind its not like things should be a surprise in terms of cash when you get here, as you can do so much research on the web.

Definitely worth checking out the career sites for salary expectations, rental and property purchase prices, general living expenses, car prices, healthcare, etc before making a decision. What you can't check out over the web, you should be able to on a hol before moving.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nickUK
Although I don't dispute some folk geniuinly find it more expensive, I think the 'expensive' type threads aren't necessarily giving a balanced view (as those more vocal are the ones who've found it more). I reckon a lot is caused by people not doing like for like comparisons, e.g. comparing a small town in the UK to Sydney or Melbourne (when they aren't like for like, e.g. London and Sydney). In my mind its not like things should be a surprise in terms of cash when you get here, as you can do so much research on the web.

Definitely worth checking out the career sites for salary expectations, rental and property purchase prices, general living expenses, car prices, healthcare, etc before making a decision. What you can't check out over the web, you should be able to on a hol before moving.
I agree

I am looking at the job and property sites and basing my comparisons there. I am also taking into account exchange and interest rates.

Sure its not all doom and glome but all things considered its not the best time for a pom to land in ozz money wize.

Sure i wanna enjoy the ozz life with sun and sand but it dont wanna be renting and owning a smaller place way out of a city.

Lower wages are not a big concern if i had the same mortgage i have just now.

You know what i was thinking last night

It takes a special kind of person who can even consider going to a strange country thousands of miles away, not knowing anyone and try and make a life for themselves.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paul76
I agree

I am looking at the job and property sites and basing my comparisons there. I am also taking into account exchange and interest rates.

Sure its not all doom and glome but all things considered its not the best time for a pom to land in ozz money wize.

Sure i wanna enjoy the ozz life with sun and sand but it dont wanna be renting and owning a smaller place way out of a city.

Lower wages are not a big concern if i had the same mortgage i have just now.

You know what i was thinking last night

It takes a special kind of person who can even consider going to a strange country thousands of miles away, not knowing anyone and try and make a life for themselves.
if only the 10 pound ticket deals were still available like in the 50's.

I agree money wise there have been better times to move, but I reckon aussie economy is going to continue to be strong, i.e. all the exports of raw materials to china, so its not going to change much in the near-term.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:40 pm
ann
Forum Regular

ann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really niceann is just really nice

hopefully going alone with my 11 year old son if that counts??
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ann

Welcome Ann! Have you decided where you're heading for yet?
Old Mar 1st 2008, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ann
Hurray!!!!! I'm not the only lone parent loner then!!! My lad is 14!! Course you count!!! Welcome!! We're heading for Sydney initially, this summer hopefully!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.