Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Feb 21st 2008, 6:49 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
I've got my sister coming over to check mine tonight!!! You are cracking on with it then??!! I went to a chiropractor for the first time today - I screamed and nearly threw up . Figured I need to get some long standing issues sorted out - and oh boy, did he sort them out - the crunching noise in my head was awful

Got some good tips re. what other info CO's might request today - 12 months worth of wage slips, last P60 etc and how to fill out/label up the meds forms -see Clara W's posts today on the 138 thread - might help you??
yeah they've asked for further proof on work etc for the last 18 months managed to find 98% of wage slips for that period know the rest must be somewhere packed in a box no doubt from when I moved
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:29 pm
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by xzibit
Yeah, ok, what kind would you like?
I cant belive you had to ask?!!? Chocolate of course!!! and tell your G/F to keep her hands off! Its all mine!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:31 pm
starting again.....

Originally Posted by nickUK
are you a bit of a chef xzibit?
Nah! Xzibit made his first cake last week! It was choc with nutella in the middle! Im all for men baking cakes!

So your'e settled in well over there?!
Old Feb 21st 2008, 8:34 pm
starting again.....

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Sniff, Sniff - I smell burning!!
ARGHHHH!!! Dont say that Aqua!!!!
Dont know whether to go in the proffesional capacity to check it out or to panic that my poor cake is dead!!!!?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:16 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paul76
Hey Everybody

Well im out tommorow night and believe me i need it.

I dont think (i hope) i will get to drunk as i want to go to the Australia expo on saturday.

Anybody been to one?
Which expo mate?

I still haven't been able to talk to my employer so guessing it'll have to wait until Monday now. Plus, I have a hangover today. What a shit life it is in the UK.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Hey everyone.

God I've been soooo busy yesterday and today, cos I'm not at work.

Will be back later.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by xzibit
Hey everyone.

God I've been soooo busy yesterday and today, cos I'm not at work.

Will be back later.
had a busy day today too but made some extra money on the side

sometimes being a spark has its perks!!

doc ??
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

I have a busy day every day! Sometimes wonder how I find time to work.

Anyway I've now decided to look at 457 visa options seeing as I'm too crap to get a 50 point assessment off vetassess and too old to qualify with a 40. Any on got any good tips on finding a dumbwit to give me a job?

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:14 pm

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I have a busy day every day! Sometimes wonder how I find time to work.

Anyway I've now decided to look at 457 visa options seeing as I'm too crap to get a 50 point assessment off vetassess and too old to qualify with a 40. Any on got any good tips on finding a dumbwit to give me a job?

If I can get one anyone can. What do you do?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:01 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
If I can get one anyone can. What do you do?
I'm an Assistant Director for a Local Authority. My background is in quality management, policy and planning. I also have procurement and tendering experience, performance management guru, best tea maker in the north west. I currently manage a range of front line delivery services that include drug treatment, crime reduction, street cleansing, highway repairs as well as some research, consultation and community development functions.

I also crochet, ride horses, drive a wagon and occasionally go out drinking.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm

Tea and horse riding eh? Il hire you as my PA!!!

I got my job through friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing so you never know.
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
Tea and horse riding eh? Il hire you as my PA!!!

I got my job through friend of a friend of a friend sort of thing so you never know.
Funny that - Vetassess seemed more intersted in the tea making and horse riding too, rather than all the other stuff I can do.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:28 am
Just Joined

nathan1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all..... been away for the last couple of weeks. I ve been stuck in digs in glasgow and couldnt find time to get to an internet cafe. Anyway got home last night to find my receipt from tradeassess sitting there so hopefully it ll not be long until i find out what they ve decided. It just seems to take so long:curse:
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

moonstaruk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nathan1983
Hi all..... been away for the last couple of weeks. I ve been stuck in digs in glasgow and couldnt find time to get to an internet cafe. Anyway got home last night to find my receipt from tradeassess sitting there so hopefully it ll not be long until i find out what they ve decided. It just seems to take so long:curse:
Hi all! Hows things with everyone? I'm in a pretty decent place at the moment, I've done all interviewing, decided on where i want to be so just got to wait for my offer which will be next sunday when the regional manager gets back, then its get the 457 visa process rolling, I so hope its not too complicated to get! I was climbing snowdon yesterday in wales which was rain/wind/sleet/hail/wind some more wind and a rainbow! but it was beautiful, i forgot how nice it actually is! love ya all! x
Old Feb 24th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

nickUK is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by FIZZYMOON
Nah! Xzibit made his first cake last week! It was choc with nutella in the middle! Im all for men baking cakes!

So your'e settled in well over there?!
Nutella? Shouldn't he be using vegemite?

Yep, pretty settled in Oz. Its been a good weekend, and the weather has been fantastic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.