Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Aug 12th 2008, 2:22 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

you can have karma if u are making them yourself?

really pleased to hear those of you who've made it over are getting on well and enjoying what you've been waiting for! Sounds good.. can't wait to feel those same feelings!
Old Aug 12th 2008, 5:26 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacey
you can have karma if u are making them yourself?

really pleased to hear those of you who've made it over are getting on well and enjoying what you've been waiting for! Sounds good.. can't wait to feel those same feelings!
I got a surfboard today. My mate in Oz text me to say he found me one and he's picking it up tomorrow. Wax at the ready guys.................
Old Aug 12th 2008, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

Bluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant futureBluenose has a brilliant future

Hi Guys & Gals

Hope your all well.

Just stumbled across Google street view courtesy of some other posts. Cool that when we get there we can show people where were living.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&h...4&om=1&layer=c

Check out the news report from the link below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ghlight=google
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Dear all

Sorry about being AWOLfor so long!! Some mad times were had!! Read all back through thread though so know where you are all at - took me ages!!

Welcome all newcomers (perhaps I'm one again now??!!??) Flights are booked for this coming Thursday 21st and have flat to go to a week after - across the landing from my sister!! No job or school for my son but not bothered - YET!!

It's all coming together now for lots of us - and we have some Loners out there who beat us to it(Sharon, MT Pockets, Essex Neil - Woollies packed, maties)

I'll be just down the road from Manly in Freshwater/Harbord. Just need to get on the flight now - the elongated good-byes are killing me

Keep up the good work the rest of you and speak soon

AquaXXXXXX
Old Aug 17th 2008, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Dear all

Sorry about being AWOLfor so long!! Some mad times were had!! Read all back through thread though so know where you are all at - took me ages!!

Welcome all newcomers (perhaps I'm one again now??!!??) Flights are booked for this coming Thursday 21st and have flat to go to a week after - across the landing from my sister!! No job or school for my son but not bothered - YET!!

It's all coming together now for lots of us - and we have some Loners out there who beat us to it(Sharon, MT Pockets, Essex Neil - Woollies packed, maties)

I'll be just down the road from Manly in Freshwater/Harbord. Just need to get on the flight now - the elongated good-byes are killing me

AquaXXXXXX
Hi Aqua,

I know what you're going through, just done it. It's well worth it.

Good luck with your packing and flight etc.

If you have enough energy try and pop down to the CBD drinks that Swervo organises every Thus evening . It attracts a very large British expat crowd including a few members from this forum .

Got to dash, supposed to be working.

Good Luck

Neil
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:49 pm
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Dear all

AquaXXXXXX
Aqua - thats amazing news! Big hugs from me - just get ready for that huge sigh of relaxation when that plane takes off and you are on your way. I'm dreading the goodbyes - but think of all that awaits you!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:42 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Tis rather quiet in here...is everyone in Oz already???
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:56 am
Just Joined

NicolaM will become famous soon enoughNicolaM will become famous soon enough

Hi Everyone - so glad i found this thread ... only just joined the site this evening. In the process of applying for 457 Visa - meds sent to immig and just waiting now... only been week. Heading out there solo so will be looking to meet up with you all shortly... I'm heading to Sydney... anyone else there - solo? How is it for going out? Meeting people???
x
Old Aug 20th 2008, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Essex Neil is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by NicolaM
Hi Everyone - so glad i found this thread ... only just joined the site this evening. In the process of applying for 457 Visa - meds sent to immig and just waiting now... only been week. Heading out there solo so will be looking to meet up with you all shortly... I'm heading to Sydney... anyone else there - solo? How is it for going out? Meeting people???
x
Hi And welcome aboard.

I don't think you will be dissapointed. I've been in Sydney just over 2 weeks and have met more people and done more things than I have done in the UK in a long time.

As a loner too I can highly recommend Servo's Thursday CBD meetups, these can be found in the meetups section of British Expats. I have been every week so far it's a great way of meeting new people in including fellow loners!.

If your stuck or need help drop me an email.

Good luck and enjoy Sydney.

Cheers

Neil
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:31 am
beach bum

I booked my meds today!!!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ponyrama
I booked my meds today!!!
are you worried pony?

i would be! they are awful!!

they poke and prod you all over!

they conduct loads of experiments on you and all sorts

they take loads of blood too!

good luck anyway

oh and welcome to the newbie,

doc
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by NicolaM
x
Hellooooo

I'm gonna be a couple of hours north of Sydney, flying out next week!

Welcome in and feel free to ask plenty of silly questions, i did!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by TheDangerousQuietOne
Hellooooo

I'm gonna be a couple of hours north of Sydney, flying out next week!

Welcome in and feel free to ask plenty of silly questions, i did!
go on then..........

what was the stupidest question you have asked on BE?

Doc
Old Aug 21st 2008, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by docgp
are you worried pony?

i would be! they are awful!!

they poke and prod you all over!

they conduct loads of experiments on you and all sorts

they take loads of blood too!

doc
A doctor I used to work with ended up doing mine

Good luck Ponyrama
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:57 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by sunflower7
A doctor I used to work with ended up doing mine

Good luck Ponyrama
Thank you. I'm not worried..................honest!

I've had all my bloods done already so I know I'm not diseased - did that in January before I started all this commotion. I do get white coat blood pressure though sometimes. Will just have to chill properly before I go!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.