Wikiposts

The Official Loners Thread

Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

janali is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Thanks very much for your offer,

Where are you?

Any tips on things you should have done or have done that you did not need to from your experience so far?

How did you find getting over there and what have you taken with you? Do you think its worthwhile shipping anything over if you are not going to emigrate?

Have you sorted out how you will keep in contact with people at home?

I have read on a website that it may be wise if you are not emigrating to still pay NI in the UK for the first year to preserve your entitlement to benefits, just wondered if you are on a working visa if you have considered that.

Medicare on a working visa how does that work did you apply before you left?

Let me know how you are getting on , I am sure you will have a great time you sound as if you have the right attitude but good luck anyway

Jan
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:48 am
Just Joined

janali is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by docgp
Welcome aboard jan

It does seem scary going to the other side of the world on your own but Im sure you will love it out there!

Youve got a bit of a head start as you know 2 people out there who im sure will be willing to help you settle.

As for me i dont know any one but it still doesnt scare me (to much)

Keep us all posted on how your getting along and ongrats on becoming an offical TOLTER

A little nervous yes but still very excited about what lies ahead!

Off to Australia mate, didnt you know? Perth mate but not sure where in Perth yet, will base myself in CBD for a week or two till im settled and then go from there

Doc

Thanks for the welcome and the support - will need if over the next few weeks I think.

Jan
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by janali

Where are you?

Any tips on things you should have done or have done that you did not need to from your experience so far?

How did you find getting over there and what have you taken with you? Do you think its worthwhile shipping anything over if you are not going to emigrate?

I have read on a website that it may be wise if you are not emigrating to still pay NI in the UK for the first year to preserve your entitlement to benefits, just wondered if you are on a working visa if you have considered that.

Let me know how you are getting on , I am sure you will have a great time you sound as if you have the right attitude but good luck anyway

Jan
plenty of question here jan

as you search through BE your questions will be answered

take time to read posts and use the search on here, but dont feel frightened to ask either, but maybe one question at a time

enjoy BE and welcome to the best expats site on the three w's

doc
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

Wooop! Hi everyone!!

I was directed from another thread i started by ponyrama (Thank you xxx)

Before I came here I thought there was only couples and familys going over there! was well shocked when I came in here and saw all the posts! wooo!

I see some people are already out there now! Im well jealous!!!

Im not even gonna be able to apply for my visa till next March when i finish my qualifications boo!

Hows it goin for everyone? only read the last couple of pages, I think i'd me retiring if I started from the beginnin haha!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really niceTheDangerousQuietOne is just really nice

Originally Posted by janali

Where are you?

Jan
If you're not emigrating you can use companies that will ship tea crates of stuff from £150 for the first crate. I chose not to but if I did it again I would!

As for keeping in contact with peeps I use facebook and MSN but have started a blog at www.a-year-in-oz.blogspot.com so that people can keep an eye on what I'm doing without bugging me with questions every day

Hope that helps...as said above use the search function and much will be revealed!
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

docgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nicedocgp is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScottJackson
Wooop! Hi everyone!!

Before I came here I thought there was only couples and familys going over there! was well shocked when I came in here and saw all the posts! wooo!

Im not even gonna be able to apply for my visa till next March when i finish my qualifications boo!

Hows it goin for everyone? only read the last couple of pages, I think i'd me retiring if I started from the beginnin haha!
welcome scott

yeah tonnes of us tolters going out there!

Youll be suprised at how many there is and it does keep growing

welcome to the thread and keep us all informed of your progress

what do you do as a job?

doc
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

ScottJackson will become famous soon enoughScottJackson will become famous soon enough

Thank you !

Im a marine engineer in the merchant navy! im doing a HND in marine engineering, in my third year now, goin to sea next weekend all around africa, then im coming back to southampton uni to finish my HND and do oral examinations till march. Once i have my certificates, ill be applying for my visa, so probably around summer time!

How you gettin on in your process mate?
Old Aug 31st 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you !

Im a marine engineer in the merchant navy! im doing a HND in marine engineering, in my third year now, goin to sea next weekend all around africa, then im coming back to southampton uni to finish my HND and do oral examinations till march. Once i have my certificates, ill be applying for my visa, so probably around summer time!

How you gettin on in your process mate?
Im in the same boat as everyone else

Just waiting and waiting and waiting

although im leaving next week on a whv until the 175 is processed

its been a hard slog so far but should be worth it it in the long run

doc
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:44 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Wooop! Hi everyone!!

Welcome Scotty! xox
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome scotto and janali! There are plenty of us going for it solo! Sometimes you've gotta, because nobody else is gonna go for it for you!

Well for those of u who aren't facebook pals with me, my flight is booked for 29th September, so I'll be there ready to rock fresh on October 1st! Happy days!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:48 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacey
welcome scotto and janali! There are plenty of us going for it solo! Sometimes you've gotta, because nobody else is gonna go for it for you!

Well for those of u who aren't facebook pals with me, my flight is booked for 29th September, so I'll be there ready to rock fresh on October 1st! Happy days!

Woop Woop!!!
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pacey

And I'll be veeery shortly following. Yeeha, its happening.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:49 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ponyrama
Woop Woop!!!
You're jealous arent you? Yeah you are. You're mad jealous.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
And I'll be veeery shortly following. Yeeha, its happening.
and just remember guys

we are all beating pony to getting out there!!

doc

pony, you know i luv ya really ******
Old Sep 1st 2008, 5:58 pm
beach bum

Originally Posted by docgp
and just remember guys

we are all beating pony to getting out there!!

doc

pony, you know i luv ya really ******
TOTALLY WHATEVER!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.